CBR opinion question-add a night?

Calee

DIS Veteran
Right now we are booked for 7 nights in July with free dining. We are in a water view room as that is all that was available at the time.

I just called to ask if I could add a night at the beginning of my stay. I can, but I would have to switch to either standard or preferred.

To change to standard, and add a night, it adds $154.95 to our total. Does this sound right to you? I asked if this would affect our dining at all and she said no, it would only change the room category. I know sometimes the phone CM's don't always give correct information so I'm a little nervous. To be clear I called the reservation line (407-939-7630) to make a room request and to also inquire about this.

We want to try a water park on our first day, so we were thinking of coming down a night early and staying at a hotel close by anyway. If we can add this night and also have an additional day of free dining it seems like a better deal, but I'm nervous for some reason. I also don't know if dropping down from the water view is worth it-we have never had a water view so I know you CAN end up in a better location than standard, but not necessarily.

Thoughts?

Last edited:
Right now we are booked for 7 nights in July with free dining. We are in a water view room as that is all that was available at the time.

I just called to ask if I could add a night at the beginning of my stay. I can, but I would have to switch to either standard or preferred.

To change to standard, and add a night, it adds $154.95 to our total. Does this sound right to you? I asked if this would affect our dining at all and she said no, it would only change the room category. I know sometimes the phone CM's don't always give correct information so I'm a little nervous. To be clear I called the reservation line (407-939-7630) to make a room request and to also inquire about this.

We want to try a water park on our first day, so we were thinking of coming down a night early and staying at a hotel close by anyway. If we can add this night and also have an additional day of free dining it seems like a better deal, but I'm nervous for some reason. I also don't know if dropping down from the water view is worth it-we have never had a water view so I know you CAN end up in a better location than standard, but not necessarily.

Thoughts?
I just added another day to mine and it still shows my dinning plan in the package details. I had to pick the same category because anything else was going to cost me more. Not sure if it helps because it only answered part of your question.

I just added another day to mine and it still shows my dinning plan in the package details. I had to pick the same category because anything else was going to cost me more. Not sure if it helps because it only answered part of your question.

That does give me some comfort that it didn't affect your dining! I have upgraded to the mid level plan so I'm just nervous for anything to happen to it!

That does give me some comfort that it didn't affect your dining! I have upgraded to the mid level plan so I'm just nervous for anything to happen to it!
I also asked her on the phone what about my dinning and before we ended the call and confirmed everything I made sure my dinning was there. And in my confirmation email the dinning is there.

What was also important to me is I had use the Canadian resident discount and another discount in this deal. So I understand.

Interesting, I'm booked at CBR for a week with free dining in July too and wanted to add a night at the end of our trip. When I called a few months ago there wasn't availability to add a night under free dining so we added a night with the room only discount and linked them. I wonder if it's worth calling to see if any availability adding a night under free dining has opened since you guys are having success? I'd rather have the extra day of free meals if possible. We are also in a standard room.

Last edited:
Interesting, I'm booked at CBR for a week with free dining in July too and wanted to add a night at the end of our trip. When I called a few months ago there wasn't availability to add a night under free dining so we added a night with the room only discount and linked them. I wonder if it's worth calling to see if any avaiability addding a night under free dining has opened since you guys are having success? I'd rather have the extra day of free meals if possible. We are also in a standard room.
I would check. I know the CM was having issues when she was trying to do mine and it wasn't letting her do a lot of things.

Interesting, I'm booked at CBR for a week with free dining in July too and wanted to add a night at the end of our trip. When I called a few months ago there wasn't availability to add a night under free dining so we added a night with the room only discount and linked them. I wonder if it's worth calling to see if any avaiability adding a night under free dining has opened since you guys are having success? I'd rather have the extra day of free meals if possible. We are also in a standard room.
Definitely doesnt hurt to try. People cancel or change plans and things open. I've actually changed twice...first was from POR to CBR. Only water view available with free dining at CBR at the time. Then today moved to standard and added a day. Standard or preferred was available, but not water view...

To change to standard, and add a night, it adds $154.95 to our total. Does this sound right to you?
Honestly yes that sounds about right. I've done this before, and its about on par to my experience as well.

Sometimes premium views can cost quite a bit of bit of money over a standard room, particularly on a 7 day trip. This doesn't sound unrealistic to me since you are switching to a lesser quality view. Having said that, I think paying more for view at a moderate is not worth it. It's not like you have a balcony to sit on... I can almost understand paying for a theme park view at the Contemporary to see the fireworks from my resort room, but Caribbean Beach doesn't offer views like that. I would definitely switch to the standard room if I were you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter