• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

CBR or POP? Preference during COVID - welcome opinions!

Princess_Nikki

DIS Veteran
Hi y'all! I'm trying to decide which of the two I should book!

It's only about a $378 difference between CBR and POP. My and my DS13 and DS11 have been to both resorts. Boys voted CBR but I guess I wanted to get some opinions of anyone who has been to either or any of these resorts since they reopened.

I did look on the Disney website and it looks like the restaurants/food courts and pool are all open at each resort. Also wondering if pool bars are open, LOL. TIA!!

For how many nights? $378 isn't much difference for a 10-night stay, but it might be for a 4-night one.

My understanding is CBR has been nicely renovated and would probably provide a little more space for distancing.

CBR is our new go to. I also feel it’s much quieter than POP. The pool and pool bar is a blast. It’s also much more spread out than POP I feel so it helps with distancing too.

I also read that with the removal of some buildings to make riviera it means there are fewer people competing for the feature pool.

Don't get me wrong I like Pop, but with the park hours ending as early as they do, I'd want some options at the resort and I think moderate resorts are a massive upgrade over values when it comes to those.

So we just went through the same decision. For us it was about $600.

Our final thoughts:
Next to Rivera so we can go over there easy for food. We also haven’t see it.
Both on sky-liner, but CBR is the hub
Dedicated table in chair, short hours means it’s a place to play games use a computer have a snack. This alone was a huge factor in the change. Pop when the bed is down you get no table. Sometimes one person from each bed wants to hang out.
We have a 5th sleeper but not a 5th sleeper so sometimes that bed make for extra seating lol.
Spread out and less rooms in the building. Smaller and more quiet pools.
We’re driving and with a standard view I’m hoping to pick something close to the parking lots.

The thing I’m really curious about is if the freestyle machine

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter