CBR questions???

tinkerbell1967

DIS Veteran
I know all my DIS friends will be able to answer my questions. I recentlly changed my ressies from the All Star Movies to CBR. I am not going to tell my husband until we are on the way and then just say "Oh, by the way...... Can anyone give me any information, how did you like it? What are the food courts like? Best building to stay in? Etc....

Also, how far in advance do you fax your room requests to the hotel?

Thanks in advance!

I found the CM's at CBR to be very accommodating. I just stated my requests at time of reservation and they met my requests. They even offered us a courtyard view in lieu of our standard which we didn't take because we wanted to be closer to our car. Martinique 25 seems to be the most convenient buildings to the food court. Everything else involves some walking. Do not take Trinidad South. Way too far away. The food court is not as good as ASMo, but the food overall was very good. I really like the options of having quiet pools in addition to a theme pool. The Banana Cabana pool bar was a nice place to relax at and the walk around the lake is charming. You will like it. Just realize that it is a big resort and to plan accordingly.

Tinkerbell, I think you'll love CBR! Check out both of my web site links below to see a lot of CBR pics from last May and also new ones from this past Feb. Enjoy!! :D

Seaspray,
I couldn't get in to see the Feb. pictures, I saw the other ones which were fantastic! As you can see I will be going VERY shortly to CBR and wanted to ask you, I was planning on asking for Martinique as you suggested to so many here but I would rather be near the bus stop that they make the first pick up from. I have arthritic knees which act up now and then and I think with all the walking they will definitely act up. I know you commented on Martinique being so close to the food court and all but how about Jamaica bldgs? I understand from other posts that these are the first pick-up and drop off of the buses from the parks. Is this true? What is your opinion about which I should request? Thanks for all your help.

I would also say martinque is where you should aim for. Counting this october, I will have gone to WDW 4 times since 2000 and 3 of the 4 times have stayed (or will stay) at CBR. Untl we can afford the beach club villas, CBR is our "home" resort. Our first trip, we were at trindad north 32, which was nice. Our second trip, last thanksgiving, we stayed in martinque 23 (we requested 25 and 24). for my next trip, I requested 25 and 26.

As far your thoughts on jamacia, I could be wrong, but I have seen buses come in the main enterance, so that barbados is the first stop and others come into CBR so that jamacia is the first stop. I still think the key is to get as close to old port royale as you can (i.e., close to the food court, gift shop, main pool, character caravan (if you care) etc.)

We also love the food court and I think it is way better than ASMs.

feel free to PM me if you have any other questions!

You'll love CBR!

As far as location goes, the best & most recommended spot seems to be Martinique 25. However, I enjoy a walk over the bridge every morning, so I always stay in Aruba or Jamaica.

Just try to avoid Trinidad South....it's way too far from OPR.

We stayed in ASMovies and found their food court to be significantly different, although NOT better, than CBR. ASMo's food court had tons more selections, but we found it to be messy. Because of the sheer volume of kids that pass through their food court, there were french fries, paper napkins, plastic utensils, and various bits of food all over the floor. I don't blame the resort, because they had plenty of CM's trying to keep up with the mess. It's really a shame....parents let their kids run wild through this place.

On the other hand, CBR has a quiet, more relaxed food court. It's broken down into several different food "shops", all of which have their own lines & cash registers. You can get a table overlooking the lake and enjoy a peaceful meal. We've never found it to be messy or dirty.

Enjoy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter