CC Post Office

Super Goof

The Blot!! Now where'd I leave muh Super Goobers..
We mailed a few postcards at the CC Post Office on 1/24/2006. They just arrived at their destinations yesterday! :lmao: I figured it might take a little longer than mailing from WDW, but 22 days was a surprise. :snail:

Castaway Cay is an island in the Bahamas and when you send postcards from there, they are being sent from the Bahamas, not the US. Everytime we've sent postcards from CC it always takes several weeks. We always send one to ourselves to remind us of the wonderful cruise we took. It normally arrives about the time we are stuck in the middle of our hectic lives again and reminds us to try to take things slower, man.

Still dreaming of being on the boat....

Shari

How much is postage to the US for a standard size postcard?

You guys are lucky. I sent 3 in December and no one has gotten them yet. I don't think they will ever get them.

TinkAZ said:
How much is postage to the US for a standard size postcard?
We just mailed postcards from CC on Tuesday. The stamps are 55 cents.

It was kinda' mentioned, but the Bahamian mail service is not the United States Postal Service. Everything has to go through "their" postal procedures, then transfer to the USPS and go through "ours" :confused3 It's helpful to write USA after the addresses, as some poor soul has to figure out which country gets the mail and sometimes writing "USA" after the address really helps. I am a Letter Carrier and it's amazing how much better our Postal Service is than some other countries....despite what some customers of the postal servcie might think:earseek:

We also mailed our postcards from CC on 1/24 and received them on Valentine's Day. My DH TRIED to use it as a substitute for a Valentine's card!
("See how excited you are honey? Any Valentine card I give you just can't make you that excited! :love: ...nice try!)
We were surprised to see how fast they arrived after hearing how long it CAN take.
It is kind of sad though, the anticipation of them arriving is over, DD's hair braids are out, no one is asking "How was your trip?" anymore...
all the wash is done and put away...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter