CCV vs BLT ?

Better SAP+ to purchase?

• CCV

• BLT

• Other (post)

Results are only viewable after voting.
I’m honestly surprised BLT is ahead in the polls. For a long time BLT was talked down about for it’s lack of theming. CCV was always hyped up because of holiday decorations, Geyser Point and etc. but you know what they say when buying property.. location location location.
Do you think its all location, or price too? (is $0.50pp less dues worth making a decision on) I'm thinking that where BLT makes up some ground, but I'm not sure its worth it.

Despite owning at BLT and staying there multiple times, and visiting CCV and touring their rooms during our RIV tour, I voted for CCV.

But now I'm second guessing my vote. CCV 1br sleep 4, with no Murphy beds for the foreseeable future. BLT is getting refurbed SOON, and there's an extra bathroom, and they sleep 5. If they sleep 5 in Murphy beds then I might switch my vote.

Here's the other thing - if studios - I vote CCV, but for larger units and the possibility of 5 people I vote BLT. We are a family of 4, but since my mom died, we've been trying to include my dad. I wouldn't want to make him sleep on a sofa bed, and we were able to make a 1br at VGF work back in Christmas 2021. For 2022 we did a 2br at BCV, he shared a room but not a bed with the kids.

100%. I've done the VGF walk and each time it is loong. While being able to walk is definitely a selling point, especially if you're pushing a double stroller around, monorail to MK and boat home is now our preferred way of getting to/from VGF since we are out of strollers. If that walking path had been there when we first bought in to DVC, we'd have looked a lot closer at VGF (also because we used to walk from VGF to Poly to TTC for Epcot). We walk a lot.
Yep I appreciate it having the option to walk in extreme scenarios like leaving MK after NYE/July 4th fireworks although I probably wouldn't watch those from the park. But would not use it on a regular basis as my primary method of travel to/from MK.

Oops - I meant to add: I'm not a huge shopper compared to others, but I do love the shopping area at the Contemporary. So much so that I often make a trip there eve when I'm not staying there. We've spent a fair bit of time at the stores at WL but the Contemporary and GF have the best resort shopping, imo.

yes - I can't remember if there's just one shop or more than one at WL.

Tough call. I love CCV! The lobby is so stunning and even when it’s fully decorated for Xmas, it never feels hectic. There is always a quiet nook to chill out and enjoy the resort. While BLT tower might be quiet, CR always feeling busy.

I like the pools better at CCV. Theming is better at CCV. Dining options are pretty good. Boat to CR and FW open more dining and recreation. Drawbacks are the fight to get a studio at popular times, 1 bedrooms only fit 4, and the only transportation besides the buses is the MK boat.

BLT is not my favorite MK resort, even though the location is the best to me. Not only is it a quick walk to MK, but it has the boat to WL and FW, plus the monorail to GF and Poly. I love these options since we usually plan a lot of resort time and it gives me plenty of dining, shopping and recreation options to do on our non parks days. I think the rooms will be fantastic after the upcoming refurb and everyone who is getting blt for $120 on the ROFR is getting a fantastic deal! I don’t love the pools. I really wish they would redo the main pool to look more like Disneyland Hotel’s monorail pool or something.

Honestly, you can’t go wrong with either. We stayed at CCV our last two trips and are staying at BLT next week. They are both fantastic!

Technically, i really only need 150 points total, so if my 25 AKV doesn't go thru (gets rofr'd), maybe 75 CCV & 75 BLT is the correct answer. ;)

The clear answer is definitely both! We own at both and love them for different reasons. For a more relaxing trip, we prefer CCV. Truthfully though, after a couple days we start to feel trapped and the food options get old. This is even with having a rental car. We pretty much always end our trips at our other WDW home resort, BCV, and we are always relieved to move over there.

We actually really like the rooms at BLT including the studios (as long as it’s just two of us). The separate kitchenette is nice, and obviously the walk to MK and back after fireworks can’t be beat. The monorail is fine to Epcot, but we frequently get annoyed with it and will walk out the back and grab a Lyft from BC to return to BLT. Now with Tron, we can easily pop in and out for our boarding group and ILL.

I’d also say you can’t go wrong, but BLT overall has a slight edge for us anyway if you’re looking for convenience and more food options.

I believe there is only 1 at WL, & 2 at Contemporary.? (I've never been passed the "Foyer" in VGF. lol)
Yes, two good shops at the Contemporary and a separate food/sundries shop that also has "stuff" (smaller gifts and basics). Grand Floridian has a big gift shop on the second floor (monorail level) as well as a dress clothing place (is that still there) and the Basin with bath bombs and soaps. And the food/wine and small gifts are on the first floor near Grand Floridian Cafe. I actually think the Contemporary is better for a wide selection of Disney themed gifts, If you want fancier things not-necessarily-Disney, then maybe GF? The Disney gift shop is relatively small there.

I used to get Disney dress shop dresses and the best selection outside of Disney Springs and the parks seemed to be at Contemporary and GF.

Tough call. I love CCV! The lobby is so stunning and even when it’s fully decorated for Xmas, it never feels hectic. There is always a quiet nook to chill out and enjoy the resort. While BLT tower might be quiet, CR always feeling busy.

I like the pools better at CCV. Theming is better at CCV. Dining options are pretty good. Boat to CR and FW open more dining and recreation. Drawbacks are the fight to get a studio at popular times, 1 bedrooms only fit 4, and the only transportation besides the buses is the MK boat.

BLT is not my favorite MK resort, even though the location is the best to me. Not only is it a quick walk to MK, but it has the boat to WL and FW, plus the monorail to GF and Poly. I love these options since we usually plan a lot of resort time and it gives me plenty of dining, shopping and recreation options to do on our non parks days. I think the rooms will be fantastic after the upcoming refurb and everyone who is getting blt for $120 on the ROFR is getting a fantastic deal! I don’t love the pools. I really wish they would redo the main pool to look more like Disneyland Hotel’s monorail pool or something.

Honestly, you can’t go wrong with either. We stayed at CCV our last two trips and are staying at BLT next week. They are both fantastic!
this! 👆

we bought CCV direct when it first opened, but got SAP at BLT more recently - this way we have access to the best of both worlds!

Someone here mentioned only having bus transport to/from WL to Epcot - but their bus service is really good. It's rare we're waiting more than a few minutes for any park. Boat back to WL even during big events (4th of July, etc) is usually quick with little to no line.

I agree that the food options at WL get old after a couple days - but we can always hop over to other resorts or the parks for something different (and we rent a car, so we can always go off-site).

Truth is though that nothing relaxes me more than walking into the lobby at WL and feeling "home"

this! 👆

we bought CCV direct when it first opened, but got SAP at BLT more recently - this way we have access to the best of both worlds!

Someone here mentioned only having bus transport to/from WL to Epcot - but their bus service is really good. It's rare we're waiting more than a few minutes for any park. Boat back to WL even during big events (4th of July, etc) is usually quick with little to no line.

I agree that the food options at WL get old after a couple days - but we can always hop over to other resorts or the parks for something different (and we rent a car, so we can always go off-site).

Truth is though that nothing relaxes me more than walking into the lobby at WL and feeling "home"
I see you own BWV as well, how do you usually do your split stays? How many days at each, & at which ones do you like to spend more or less time at?

I see you own BWV as well, how do you usually do your split stays? How many days at each, & at which ones do you like to spend more or less time at?
so - CCV is our "home". I bought that as the place we would get 2 bedroom (or more as the family grows) for 4-6 nights (depending on season). This is really our "relaxing" stay. we still do the parks but make sure there is time for relaxing by the pool (weather allowing), visiting Geyser Point, and just taking "nature" walks. (With that said - just a reminder that CCV is in a wooded area and squirrels WILL enter your room if they find the balcony door open - regardless of floor.) Balconies for the 2-bedroom dedicated units at CCV are my absolute favorite. You have 6 chairs (2 for each "room") and can easily bring out additional furniture if you have a bigger party. CCV is my favorite when travelling with other folks (especially my adult children or my brother with his family) and we have a nice spot to all hang out.

BWV was really for DH and I to get away for a week and go to either food and wine or flower and garden (my favorite!). unfortunately - now the kids are over 21 and they want to come along also:oops: These trips focus mainly on Epcot and HS. As you may have heard, food options at BWV have been flaky at best, so we will sometimes go into the parks for meals, or walk to a dining location at one of the other resorts. I have also been known to take the skyliner to Riviera for coffee - but now BWV finally has a coffee place, so that isn't no longer as necessary (though the coffee at Riviera and Trattoria al Forno is far superior!). Otherwise, people watching from the BWV balcony is my favorite.

we were not planning split stay when we first started this journey - in the meantime we have done a few - mostly a night at one resort before heading to the main part of our trip.

We are new to BLT and will be doing our first "full" stay this September. In the past we have only done a split stay with one of the other resorts - and that triggered addonitis because I LOVED having the TPV.

In summary - we try to balance park time with resort at whichever resort we are at, and enjoy the different atmosphere of each of the resorts

My first and only time at BWV, my room was right by the elevator so Carousel Coffee was 2min away every morning, it was part of what made my stay so great, starting each day on a positive. ;)
I’ve heard good things about coffee at Riviera, but haven’t been over there yet. Next time I’ll have to try it.

My first and only time at BWV, my room was right by the elevator so Carousel Coffee was 2min away every morning, it was part of what made my stay so great, starting each day on a positive. ;)
I’ve heard good things about coffee at Riviera, but haven’t been over there yet. Next time I’ll have to try it.
I'm not even a coffee drinker and second that the coffee at Riviera is A+. They have a cinnamon cold brew w/ homemade honey almond whipped cream - I take the Sklyliner there for this alone :)

We are new to BLT and will be doing our first "full" stay this September. In the past we have only done a split stay with one of the other resorts - and that triggered addonitis because I LOVED having the TPV.
We'll be there late August, taking a family of 1st-timers! originally had booked hoping the refurb would be done, but now it's questionable if it's even started by then! Even if no, we will have a great time because I can't think of a more magical place to start a 1st time visit (with t(w)eens). Even if you hate it in September, wait for the refurb because it's going to be a game changer once the Murphy beds come in.

Oh man, you lucked out! Last time we requested the standard rooms all the way by the end/tennis courts and parking lot - we took the stairs down to walk to the bus stop or for the shortest walk to HS. Only drawback was it was a bit of a walk to Epcot. But if that had not been what we'd requested, I'd be complaining we were so "far from everything". LOL, we chose that location.

My favorite was the standard studio (during pandemic) facing the village green and the Christmas tree. What a view.

I'm not even a coffee drinker and second that the coffee at Riviera is A+. They have a cinnamon cold brew w/ homemade honey almond whipped cream - I take the Sklyliner there for this alone :)
I see a Riviera contract in your future... 😁

We're owners at CCV so obviously biased there, but BLT was something of a sleeper hit with us and I wouldn't mind owning there now. Something about sitting on the patio enjoying the EWP really gave us the retro Disney vibe and we loved it. The walk into the Contemporary was not an issue and we like the shopping and easy access to restaurants. I was not a fan of the villa, it was clearly worn out, but the refurb will fix that so I don't hold that against the resort permanently.

My vote would be to get some of both!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter