CDC Notifies States, Large Cities To Prepare For Vaccine Distribution As Soon As Late October

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm guessing she'll have trouble with getting buy in. After what happened with last year's "2 weeks to slow the spread".

I would imagine so, even though it makes sense. I'm not from Michigan, but even in NJ if our governor tried to shut down indoor dining I think people would freak out.

On the NJ vaccine supply front, my husband was able to get an appointment for the Pfizer vaccine at a Walgreens near our home on Sunday. And he set up second appointment for Sunday May 2nd.

He had an appointment at a mega-site on Monday for the Pfizer vaccine, but in the middle of the work day and further away. So, as soon as he got the confirmation email from Walgreens....he cancelled the other appointment so someone else could snag it.

Same vaccine, but just more convenient.

A year ago today I was sitting on my front porch wondering if I’d ever go to Disney or a concert or a sporting event again.

Today, I am sitting on the same porch having just returned from Disney, about to leave for the Indians game. And I have tickets to five concerts.

I’m not saying this to brag- I’m saying it’s getting better every day.

Just saw this....Scott Gottlieb tweeted it out, in favor of this pause for Michigan.

Michigan is really a warning for the rest of the country. They look like the UK did when they entered this next wave and had to shutdown again despite high vaccination rates. Hopefully, Michigan can follow the UK and get the virus under control. The good news is the US doesn't have to deal with the problems of having a iffy vaccine with AZ.

Michigan is really a warning for the rest of the country. They look like the UK did when they entered this next wave and had to shutdown again despite high vaccination rates. Hopefully, Michigan can follow the UK and get the virus under control. The good news is the US doesn't have to deal with the problems of having a iffy vaccine with AZ.

The US might not be dealing with an iffy AZ vaccine, but the US has been vaccinating people with the J&J vaccine, which is the similar technology and ingredients to the AZ vaccine. The numbers of similar blood clot cases are slowly trickling out here with J&J.
The interesting thing to consider is most of these adverse cases are happening in the population group of younger women....the least likely to experience severe COVID-19.

The US might not be dealing with an iffy AZ vaccine, but the US has been vaccinating people with the J&J vaccine, which is the similar technology and ingredients to the AZ vaccine. The numbers of similar blood clot cases are slowly trickling out here with J&J.
The interesting thing to consider is most of these adverse cases are happening in the population group of younger women....the least likely to experience severe COVID-19.

Which is why the UK is telling younger people to not get the AZ one. I'm sticking with the Pfizer one. I have one more shot coming up, and I'm done.

Which is why the UK is telling younger people to not get the AZ one. I'm sticking with the Pfizer one. I have one more shot coming up, and I'm done.

And, I’d probably recommend the same if anyone here asks about J&J for younger people until the causes are clearer with these vector vaccines.

Unfortunate as I was a strong advocate for the one-and-done J&J vaccine.

And, I’d probably recommend the same if anyone here asks about J&J for younger people until the causes are clearer with these vector vaccines.

Unfortunate as I was a strong advocate for the one-and-done J&J vaccine.

A doctor told me to get Pfizer, so I did. The needle is so tiny that I didn't even feel it.

This is particularly troubling in MS because they opened up eligibility to everyone over 16 three weeks ago... and vaccine supply is building. Other southern states are seeing similar trends

A friend in Louisiana shared something similar from her local paper.

Even around me, it seems like the supply is beginning to exceed demand... our county did a one-time walk-in clinic today with 1200 J&J doses and didn't get enough turnout to use them all. The walk in clinic was planned after they couldn't full all their appointments for this week. Amid highest ever case numbers. With businesses closing left and right because of employee cases. About a third of the adult population has gotten at least one dose, and already the county is struggling to find people who want to be vaccinated (of course, hesitancy isn't the only issue... messaging continues to be almost exclusively online so likely some just aren't hearing about vaccination opportunities, and all of the county programs are happening during business hours so for some work conflicts may be an obstacle.)

Just saw this....Scott Gottlieb tweeted it out, in favor of this pause for Michigan.

Yeah, but the governor stressed that it is voluntary and I'm not hearing about many businesses or schools planning to comply. Especially not in the areas where it is most needed but where politics are such that most would do the opposite of whatever she suggests purely out of spite. Even the head of the state high school athletic association came out and said spring sports will go on as scheduled.

I mentioned this before, but I think it was lost in the blip... when the UK instituted their current lock down, their vaccination rate was in the low single digits. We're at about 33% one dose/18% fully vaccinated and climbing. That should make some difference in the overall trajectory.

I think we can say definitively today that Michigan will not lock down or even reimpose restrictions over this surge. The governor seems inclined to trust in the vaccine and individual choice. So we'll see how that goes...

I mentioned this before, but I think it was lost in the blip... when the UK instituted their current lock down, their vaccination rate was in the low single digits. We're at about 33% one dose/18% fully vaccinated and climbing. That should make some difference in the overall trajectory.

I think we can say definitively today that Michigan will not lock down or even reimpose restrictions over this surge. The governor seems inclined to trust in the vaccine and individual choice. So we'll see how that goes...

The UK prioritized the first shot over the second one. You can clearly see that in their numbers as of today. And now, they're reopening slowly with 60% having had the first shot but only 12% having both. We're about half way there at 34% for the first shot. And Michigan is at 33%.

https://www.itv.com/news/2021-01-06...of-the-coronavirus-jab-with-our-daily-tracker
https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/us/covid-19-vaccine-doses.html

Hopefully we’re not already hitting the vaccination acceptance wall in Florida. Every CVS in the Tampa area seems to be wide open with appointments all week.

Hopefully we’re not already hitting the vaccination acceptance wall in Florida. Every CVS in the Tampa area seems to be wide open with appointments all week.

I think we're starting to see this in several states, particularly in the South in states with less dense populations.

Publix had open availability for almost the entire day yesterday. The mass county vaccine site by me may close soon due to lack of demand. I do fear that the messaging of the vaccines has been so bad that people who were on the fence are choosing not to get it.

The message should be we have three excellent, approved vaccines that will bring normal back not masks and distancing forever even after vaccination.

From Wash Post today (4/10/21 stats) -
"114.4 million vaccinated - The number of people who have received at least one dose of the vaccine, covering 42.8% of the eligible population, 16 and older and 34.5% of the total population (in the US)."

This number is awesome and still growing rapidly...thank you to all of those who represent this number and all those who are getting set to get scheduled to keep the number growing and growing:)...

It’s Florida, you should be more surprised to see anyone outdoors with a mask! It’s Ybor though, so they’re likely tourists.
More than a few states like this. Although some are still double masking.

From Wash Post today (4/10/21 stats) -
"114.4 million vaccinated - The number of people who have received at least one dose of the vaccine, covering 42.8% of the eligible population, 16 and older and 34.5% of the total population (in the US)."

This number is awesome and still growing rapidly...thank you to all of those who represent this number and all those who are getting set to get scheduled to keep the number growing and growing:)...

My 17 year old daughter is scheduled for her first dose of Pfizer tomorrow at CVS and I helped my wife’s ex husband schedule his first dose for next week. I’m doing my part of getting everyone I know vaccinated.

The UK prioritized the first shot over the second one. You can clearly see that in their numbers as of today. And now, they're reopening slowly with 60% having had the first shot but only 12% having both. We're about half way there at 34% for the first shot. And Michigan is at 33%.

Yeah, but you keep comparing MI in March to the UK in Dec., when they imposed their current lockdown. The difference in vaccination rates alone should dictate that the two have very different experiences with the variants, unless there's a significant difference in effectiveness after all.

BTW, some counties in Michigan are close to that 60% mark and still surging. We're up north this weekend in a county with a 58/39% vaccination rate. Their cases are in line with the state average at around 60 per 100K and concerns about local hospital capacity was the lead story on the local news yesterday morning.

Yeah, but you keep comparing MI in March to the UK in Dec., when they imposed their current lockdown. The difference in vaccination rates alone should dictate that the two have very different experiences with the variants, unless there's a significant difference in effectiveness after all.

BTW, some counties in Michigan are close to that 60% mark and still surging. We're up north this weekend in a county with a 58/39% vaccination rate. Their cases are in line with the state average at around 60 per 100K and concerns about local hospital capacity was the lead story on the local news yesterday morning.

This is the data I'm looking at. https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/us/covid-19-vaccine-doses.html

I don't see any counties over 40% at the total population level. Most are 20-30% following the national average.

The US is good 30% behind the UK right now for first dose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter