• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

CDC Notifies States, Large Cities To Prepare For Vaccine Distribution As Soon As Late October

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think most in the USA will end up with AstraZeneca as 500 million have been bought by the US. This is substantially more than any other, but it’s much cheaper than any other and easier to store in just a normal fridge.

Something that has gone wildly underreported that deserves major attention:

Three studies, incredible efficacy, yes. But ZERO DEATHS. Not one vaccine recipient in any of the studies has died of Covid.

That is massive.

Any deaths in the control group?

He can say what he wants. Once I reach the point that I feel I'm wearing it because others refuse to get the vaccine, rather than because they are unable to get the vaccine, I'm out.

Where I am it's not an option. Wear one or leave the building.

I understand why, but it’s going to be really hard to keep wearing a mask for months if a vaccine is available. I really hope we can start phasing them out by at least the middle of next year. Especially in certain settings, such as outdoor venues and when it’s easier to distance.

I understand why, but it’s going to be really hard to keep wearing a mask for months if a vaccine is available. I really hope we can start phasing them out by at least the middle of next year. Especially in certain settings, such as outdoor venues and when it’s easier to distance.

You also have to remember there is a good chunk of the country that doesn't have the strict the mask rules now.

The discussion was when the vaccine is widely available how long measures would be required.

The US is number 2 in the world in mask wearing and our cases are out of control. Perhaps they don’t work they way people believe they work?

Bottom line is nothing is really working anywhere that is trying to also be open at all. Australia/NZ is a bit different but what they are doing isn't sustainable nor would work anywhere else now. Pretty much its spiking everywhere but the good thing is what goes up will come down vaccine or not.

As we head into the Thanksgiving Weekend, an interesting piece on what will happen to the numbers. Three metrics will likely drop off big time. Number of tests, cases and deaths will go down, as data collection will be iffy over the long weekend. Then, in the week following....we'll see a big spike, that won't correspond with the Thanksgiving Weekend. It will just be a "catch-up" from the 4-5 days prior. The most reliable number is hospitalizations, but even that could be off a bit over the long weekend. I guess the point is that next week, when the numbers go through the roof....it's not from Thanksgiving. We won't know that for a couple of weeks.

https://covidtracking.com/blog/daily-covid-19-data-is-about-to-get-weird

The US is number 2 in the world in mask wearing and our cases are out of control. Perhaps they don’t work they way people believe they work?

Could you give me a source for that data?

As we head into the Thanksgiving Weekend, an interesting piece on what will happen to the numbers. Three metrics will likely drop off big time. Number of tests, cases and deaths will go down, as data collection will be iffy over the long weekend. Then, in the week following....we'll see a big spike, that won't correspond with the Thanksgiving Weekend. It will just be a "catch-up" from the 4-5 days prior. The most reliable number is hospitalizations, but even that could be off a bit over the long weekend. I guess the point is that next week, when the numbers go through the roof....it's not from Thanksgiving. We won't know that for a couple of weeks.

When graphed out, that will be a high spike, but I suspect that overall, the curve will continue to go up even if you factor those numbers out, or average them over a week, like many data sets do. What will be more concerning is the illness then hospitalizations 3-4 weeks from now.

As for wearing masks after vaccination, once someone reliable tells me I'm at low risk of shedding or transmitting virus after vaccination, I'll be happy to stop wearing them. Until then, I'll suck it up because, ultimately, I'd hate to hurt someone inadvertently.

https://covidtracking.com/blog/daily-covid-19-data-is-about-to-get-weird
I’ve been watching this type of pattern in my state for months. Numbers look “okay” on the weekends, shoot up on Mon/Tues then level out the rest of the week. It’s generally three to four weeks when you start seeing the damage an event or holiday does.

He can say what he wants. Once I reach the point that I feel I'm wearing it because others refuse to get the vaccine, rather than because they are unable to get the vaccine, I'm out.
I agree with you. I am wearing my mask to protect others. Not myself. Once the vaccine is available to everyone and has had enough time to work, others no longer need me to wear a mask to protect them when there is a vaccine that does it. If an anti vaxxer says “Nope, not injecting anything into my body”, that person is on their own.

However, the reality is that these mask and other socially distance mandates will not go away until the numbers drop because we will not be able to tell the difference between anti vaxxers and the effectiveness of the vaccine(s). So sadly, we ain’t getting out of government restrictions if people are still being hospitalized. We need enough people to take the vacccine and the vaccine to work as advertised for numbers to go down. Until then, sorry to say, things are not going back to normal.

The discussion was when the vaccine is widely available how long measures would be required.

I'd love to see a source for that. We still have states without mask mandates and compliance in many areas that do have them, at least on paper, is pretty dismal.

One reason spread is out of control in the US is because people have parties and get togethers and people over to their homes etc. privately. All the in-home gatherings and events where people won’t mask because they aren’t required to because it’s not a public place.

Having mask mandates in public places helps protect everyone from the people who are otherwise behaving like nothing is going on. Masks prevent those public places from becoming harbors of community spread. They protect employees - helping those stores stay open - and protect customers too.

But people are going to continue acting like nothing is going on privately, having their big dinner parties, get togethers and birthday parties, not limiting who they see, not wearing masks while doing so, etc. It’s already scary now, wait until after Thanksgiving.

People can get the vaccine or not. But once I get mine, and once there is ample availability for anyone who wants one, I'm over and out with the masks and other mitigation.
Agree! I don’tn get people who are anti-vac in this case. Most have no legit reason except in their case “ to be a guinea pig”. And those I know who feel like this have not done any research on it themselves. I trust all the authorities globally. Granted I would be hesitant myself if let’s say the FDa approved by the EU didn’t, that would be a red flag. But that will not be the case I believe the flu vaccine there’s one in 1 million chance that you’ll have a serious effect. Covid has a worse outcome. I’m willing to have a shot “hang over” a day or two for Covid protection.

I believe I read somewhere that the vaccine will not prevent you from really spreading or they’re still trying to figure that out. Fauci compare this to the flu vaccine we can still chat virus but you won’t get sick.I know it’s the snarky side of me saying this but I hope it’s like that. That serves those right for not getting the shot who think OK I want others to get it so I’m protected.But then they are not. I am not one to wish illness and others, but come on if there’s a tool out there to prevent you from getting sick and you don’t use it well then .....

Believe me I’ve been pro mask from the beginning but if in a year and a half or so of a vaccine is widely available but a large group refuse to take it I’m not wearing my mask to protect you if you could’ve protected yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter