CDC Notifies States, Large Cities To Prepare For Vaccine Distribution As Soon As Late October

Status
Not open for further replies.
Curious what the age range is for the vaccine in the UK and Canada? They have already approved it, but I didn't hear the ages approved

The CEO of my mom’s senior retirement facility sent out an email today to advise us that our state has finalized decisions on how the vaccine will be distributed. Long Term Care is in Phase 1a. The following is the plan on the order of distribution in our state: Pfizer Vaccine vaccinations are scheduled to begin next week in hospitals to ER staff, staff working in the COVID units and
EMS. Next, Moderna Vaccines will be distributed to Long Term Care facilities. Vaccinations are scheduled to begin around December 21 to Nursing Homes,
Adult Residential Care Communities, and LTC staff.
Her facility has registered with Walgreens and CVS for the vaccine. It will be administered by two doses around 2 weeks apart. They are going to distribute consent forms shortly. They are hoping that Independent Living residents will be eligible in the first phase. This is all subject to change.

We have so many nursing homes in this state. It will take time to make this happen as scheduled but I am encouraged at this point. The positivity rate is just over 10 % in our city so we are in the red zone.

The CEO of my mom’s senior retirement facility sent out an email today to advise us that our state has finalized decisions on how the vaccine will be distributed. Long Term Care is in Phase 1a. The following is the plan on the order of distribution in our state: Pfizer Vaccine vaccinations are scheduled to begin next week in hospitals to ER staff, staff working in the COVID units and
EMS. Next, Moderna Vaccines will be distributed to Long Term Care facilities. Vaccinations are scheduled to begin around December 21 to Nursing Homes,
Her facility has registered with Walgreens and CVS for the vaccine. It will be administered by two doses around 2 weeks apart. They are going to distribute consent forms shortly. They are hoping that Independent Living residents will be eligible in the first phase. This is all subject to change.

We have so many nursing homes in this state. It will take time to make this happen as scheduled but I am encouraged at this point. The positivity rate is just over 10 % in our city so we are in the red zone.

Is every person working and living in the retirement facility required to get the vaccine?

Is every person working and living in the retirement facility required to get the vaccine?

I’d be really surprised if any employer is requiring vaccination while it’s still under the EUA. I would think that would be a bit of liability until it’s gotten full approval.

thank you for this! And good luck to your mom!

That info was not addressed. The only thing that was mentioned was the distribution of “consent” forms. That makes me think it is voluntary. They have had many cases, staff and residents in a residential community of around 260. Also, there’s has been a number of resident deaths, mostly in the 24 hour nursing units as well as 1 independent living resident. I believe most of both the staff and residents will be ready to be vaccinated. The residents in particular have been isolated and many have lost a lot of ground since the facility was locked down overnight without notice.

And the advisory committee voted AGAINST the placebo group getting the real vaccine.

Then I will be exercising my right to leave the study at any time once I am eligible for the vaccine (which admittedly is basically at the end of the line). Our informed consent says that once the vaccine is approved for use, we'd be unblinded and allowed to get the vaccine. I guess they are taking that back.

Then I will be exercising my right to leave the study at any time once I am eligible for the vaccine (which admittedly is basically at the end of the line). Our informed consent says that once the vaccine is approved for use, we'd be unblinded and allowed to get the vaccine. I guess they are taking that back.

Is the approval based on Emergency use or full FDA approval (which is years away), since really that is a big difference.

I’ll need to re-read, but the person getting our consent told us that once they started vaccinating the general public, it would be unethical to not let us know our status so that we could be vaccinated if necessary. We are allowed out of the study at any time, though, so we’ll leave once we can get vaccinated.

I’ll need to re-read, but the person getting our consent told us that once they started vaccinating the general public, it would be unethical to not let us know our status so that we could be vaccinated if necessary. We are allowed out of the study at any time, though, so we’ll leave once we can get vaccinated.

It's not up to the vaccine manufacturers though. The FDA gets to make that call.

Regardless, I'd do the same thing. I wouldn't stick around for 2 years waiting around to find out I got a placebo the hard way.

Last edited:
I just read that during the panel meeting, Pfizer indicated that they will go for full approval in April 2021 and will unblind the study.

Also, they will have data on how well the vaccine prevents asymptomatic infection by January.

Edited to correct post.

Not saying that leaving to get vaccinated is a bad decision. I think you should if you want. But, there goes the study, heh.

Not saying that leaving to get vaccinated is a bad decision. I think you should if you want. But, there goes the study, heh.

Right now, getting as many people vaccinated as possible is more important than the study. And to be clear: the study WOULD CONTINUE on those folks, they'd just move to the active group from the placebo group.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter