CDC says everyone should avoid cruises regardless of vax status

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linkura

DIS Veteran
https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2021/12/30...-travel-regardless-of-vaccination-status.html
Welp....

"The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention on Thursday advised people against going on cruises regardless of their vaccination status after a recent surge in positive Covid cases onboard ships as the omicron variant sweeps the world.

The CDC increased its travel warning for cruises to the highest level as the agency is investigating or observing dozens of ships that have had Covid outbreaks.

Cruise ships operating in U.S. waters have reported about 5,000 Covid cases to the CDC between Dec. 15 - 29, a major spike compared to the first two weeks of the month when 162 cases were reported."

Yawn. Can’t believe anyone actually listens to them anymore. They just got the percentage of omicron cases wrong by a huge amount - 73% vs the actual 23% for the week ending 12/18.

cruising in 2 weeks regardless of what they say.

Yawn. Can’t believe anyone actually listens to them anymore. They just got the percentage of omicron cases wrong by a huge amount - 73% vs the actual 23% for the week ending 12/18.

cruising in 2 weeks regardless of what they say.
Well, I agree and disagree about the CDC. The problem for cruises now is with ports refusing ships because they feel the CDC guidelines aren't strong enough to protect their residents. And your numbers are wrong, omicron was 59%, lower than the CDC first said, which means Delta cases were higher than expected.

Well, I agree and disagree about the CDC. The problem for cruises now is with ports refusing ships because they feel the CDC guidelines aren't strong enough to protect their residents. And your numbers are wrong, omicron was 59%, lower than the CDC first said, which means Delta cases were higher than expected.

23% was for the week ending 12/18, as I stated above.
59% is for the week ending 12/25

seems your dates are wrong

We are sailing on the Magic January 22nd. At least as of now we are. I just don't understand why they are saying this when they are not advising about other forms of vacation and travel. I am closer to people sitting on a plane for 3 hours than I ever am on a ship. Crew is constantly cleaning and I think the ship protocols are sound.

MJ

We are sailing on the Magic January 22nd. At least as of now we are. I just don't understand why they are saying this when they are not advising about other forms of vacation and travel. I am closer to people sitting on a plane for 3 hours than I ever am on a ship. Crew is constantly cleaning and I think the ship protocols are sound.

MJ
Did you see that story about the woman who took a rapid test on a flight and then quarantined herself in the bathroom for 5 hours? I can't even wrap my brain around why someone would do that.

MJ

And testing

There is actual testing happening for cruises which the most important thing of all if trying to stop spread.

Get on the plane and it's a risk if people are not already sick.

MJ
I think it is ridiculous that they target cruise lines also. I shouldn't go on a cruise but I can fly to Walt Disney world in a metal tube for 3 hours and then wait in line for an hour to ride Seven Dwarfs Mine train, Space Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain and so on and that's ok?????
edit: and not have to prove I'm vaccinated!!!

Maybe the CDC will be satisfied when the cruise industry essentially goes bankrupt. I don’t have a cruise planned but if I did I wouldn’t let this hokey organization stop me. Pretty soon the goal will be achieved and we’ll all have nowhere to go. To single out the cruise industry is absolutely absurd

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter