CDN $ doing good today

mom_rules

<font color=FF66FF>LOVES the Yachtsmen!<br><font c
Haven't posted the xchg in a bit-but our buck gained this am was trading over $.76 at noon

US xchg is: 1.318 RBC @1:00pm
1.3209 TD Canada Trust
1.3284 for CAA TC

Come on loonie!!

I asked my friend, who is an economist, what the dollar was expected to be by the end of the month. She actually told me that because the US is going into a Presidential election, that their economy is unstable, and their dollar will continue to decline. Of course, this is only the expected outcome. But, based on the history of the dollar, she expects our dollar to continue to do very well.
Jo

I went to the bank today and bought $40 US. Our next trip isn't until March (and I have some cash left from our trip last month) but I figure if I go in every week and buy $20-$40 it will average out to a good exchange rate and I won't notice spending it. :p

I have been getting a fair bit at work lately which is nice. We pay what the bank buys back for so I got $113 this week at $1.29. I also have about $40 in coin alone which we give no exchange on.

At 4:30 this afternoon I bought $300.00 US at the Royal Bank and paid $399.66 for it. The exchange rate was $1.3322. My husband is going on a trip to the States next week and I had put off getting the money long enough.

I was watching it at work today and it was trading up over 76 cents today. Not sure what it closed at I didn't pay close enough attention. Woring at the bank is great for that you see all the prices. I also read onour stock chart update that the US was slipping further into the recession and job losses and unemployment grew again in the US where it fell here in Canada.

On U.S. cash or transfers to U.S. account at the bank usually no fee. Depending on the type of account you have at the bank, you can buy travellers cheques with no fee. Otherwise you don't pay a fee for the exchange but you do pay a fee for the travellers cheques.
CAA only sells you U.S. travellers cheque and if you are a member they do not charge you (I'm not sure about non-members).
If you charge something in U.S. dollars on your charge cards most have started charging a fee in the amount of 1.5%-2.5% of the U.S. purchase price. The exchange rate on a credit card is generally worse than if you were to buy U.S. cash and you don't have as much control over it ie. you get the rate in effect the day that it is actually credited on your account (not necessarily the day you made the purchase).

Thanks, hockey mom & mom_rules! My bank charged me $5 or so when I bought traveller's cheques from them. I'm now buying my TC from CAA.:D

@ 7:30 am

TD Canada Trust 1.331
brdless 1.3244
RBC 1.333
CAA TC 1.3284

Wonder what today will bring?

Exchanged to $500 USD, cost me $663 Canadian, Tuesday afternoon, exchange around 1.326.
Just thought I would let everyone know. The gentleman that was helping me said that the dollar will probably stay pretty consistent at this price for awhile, unless the border opens up cattle again.
Jo

This is all great news.... unless you live in Canada and get paid in US dollars...:( I remember the good old days of 1US$ = 1.50 C$....Oh well......:sunny:

I got my US money on Monday before it dropped and paid 1.3320 for US travellers cheques at CAA. for $1950 US it cost me just under $2600.00.

Less then 5 weeks to go....yaaaaaaa

TaDa!
Today's winner is.....drumroll please....@ 2:30pm

TD CT 1.3395

CAA TC 1.3411
RBC 1.343

wow, I'm sad. I just paid for a trip to Vegas and the exchange in Windsor was 1.3525%:confused: Maybe because we're a border town? At any rate the banks buy back rate is 1.2988 so who knows:confused: Well it's better then 50% which wasn't that long ago.

When I went for the first time to WDW in 1999, the exchange rate was 1.52. I will take 1.32 anyday over that. Granted, it would be nice to have 1.0 (par), but like that will happen anytime soon (a girl can dream, can't she?).
Cheers, Jo

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter