Cdn Ticket Special

cdntowdw

Mouseketeer
I was wondering if someone could give me the scoop on how the Cdn. Special usually works. I know it usually comes available in November sometime and is good thru April. Buy one get the second half price (in Cdn Dollars). They are seven day tickets that do expire. What do they include? Where can you buy them? How much were they last year.

When we went last November we got in on the tale end of the Disney Store Promo for their Gift Certificates and got $50 in Disney Dollars for each 4 day hopper we purchased so I did not get the Cdn deal then.

Thanks for any info.

It seems to vary from year to year. I remember when the 7 day was at par. I also remember when the promo didn't start until January. I can't remember if it was this year that it started in January or the year before. I can't remember the exact prices, but it was a buy one get one at half off and they were a little more expensive (only a few dollars) than the regular 7 day plus. That was only because there was a different exchange rate at the time of the promo. The passes do expire and that seems to vary too. I remember them expiring in Mid-May and in April, but it's been around the same time every year. There was a year where they were not valid during the week between Christmas and New Years, but I believe that is no longer the case. Also, TDS usually stops selling the passes a few weeks before they actually expire and they are on a first-come, first-serve basis. The promo passes also came with a free character breakfast this year at well. You can only buy the CDN promo passes in Canada... you can't get them through WDW even if you prove you are CDN. I was told once that WDW reserves the right to ask you to prove you are CDN, but I've never heard anyone say they've ever been asked. The pass itself is exactly the same as the regular 7 day plus... 7 days at MK,Epcot, MGM, and AK... and 4 option to the water parks, PI, or WWS.

Hope this helps,
Sandra :)

PS: Just a question... did you get your passes last year at a TDS in the US? The reason I ask is because not only does TDS not sell the 4 day pass... they also don't sell Disney Dollars...:confused:

Hi Everyone,

We are planning on vacationing in November and spending 4-5 days at Walt Disney World and then doing a cruise. We don't seem to have alot of TAs here on Vancouver Island that have alot of information on Walt Disney World Deals. They seem to all go by the book prices. Anyways I am looking for any deals on Park Tickets to DisneyWorld and Disney Resorts that might be helpful for us Canadians. There has been some replies mentioning a 7 day park hopper pass but I'm a little confused as to what TDS is short for. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Smiles

Marty Jay

TDS is short for The Disney Store. Currently, there are no deals on park passes for Cdns. There may be in November, but we just have to wait and see. It all depends on when Disney decides to start the Cdn promo... and of course, nothing is for sure. The Disney resorts are offering rooms cdn at par. I thought that it was only being offered until the end of October, but I was told by someone that they got the par just after the US thanksgiving. I'm sure someone else on the board can confirm whether or not resorts are still at par in November.

If TAs aren't helping you out... go visit your nearest Disney Store and they should be able to give you more info or call WDW directly (407) W-DISNEY.

At par deal goes until Oct 2 or 3rd I believe.

Sandra -
I bought the 4 day park hoppers at TDS in the Florida Mall on our way in from the airport. It was the last few days they were offering the promo and it was only available in some stores in FL and the Chicago area. Some of the stores would not allow you to use the $50 Gift Cert. per ticket to buy Disney Dollars, but I was lucky and was able to do so. They also included a free disney T-shirt with each ticket purchased. I bought 4 adult passes and then took two of them to Guest Services and had them converted to Children's 5 day plus 2 options for an additional $13 each. I thought it was an excellent deal at the time. The $200 in Disney Dollars paid for our 4 day ASMO stay.

This time we are thinking of going the first week of January and thought the Cdn. deal might be the way to go. My kids each have a day and 2 options left from before that never expire. I am curious to know what the Cdn deal includes for options. Is Disney Quest included?

Sandra,disney quest is not included in your 4 options.You can choose any of the water parks and admission to the disney sport complex and admission to pleasure island.This past year it included a free character breakfast(you had a couple of options)You also have to remember that the passes are valid when the water parks are being refurbished thus your options are limited.This past Feb. only typhoon lagoon was open and we used it twice.If you have child care you can visit pleasure island .

This past year they expired on May 13th.
You said the water parks are usually under rehab this time of year, does anyone know what will be open late april/early may?
Also, what kind of options did they include besides the character breakfast?

The 4 plusses were waterpark admission admission to Disneys wide world of sports complex and DTD pleasure Island. I know in Dec Typhoon Lagoon is always closed for rehab and River Country is closed as it is seasonal and they feel the water is too cold I guess as it is water from the lake. I know in 98 when we were there in Feb Typhoon Lagoon was done it's rehab early and re opened so I am guessing in May it will be Blizzard Beach and Typhoon Lagoon that will be open. You may want to check www.disney.com and go to wdw parks etc they usually have a list of what is closed and when for refurbishment.
Hope this has helped
Darren

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter