CDsSleepingBeauty's 5-7-12 Shipwreck Beach/Ariel's PJ*Nominated-Best Disney Bridals!*

I love that your DF is going to walk in to "The Simpsons"! That's kind of adorable.

And your must-have shots are great. The only thing I regret about not doing a MK shoot is not getting that headless picture! I can't wait to see yours though. :love: Also, the TSMM queue area is a fabulous idea: it will be so whimsical!

Thanks, Jackie!! "The Simpsons" is Chris's favorite show, so I thought it was perfect when he suggested it. :cutie: I know our must-have list is probably unrealistic, but I'm hoping we at least get to most of the locations. We MUST have the "headless" picture! :rotfl: Since you were a Disney bride, would they not let you do an anniversary shoot at MK?

The planning has been fun so far, as I am making strides to what our "wedding vision" is. But, it's overwhelming in some ways too since there are so many possibilities! I'm sure I'll have questions along the way. I'm pretty sure I have some now, but am drawing blanks. Lol. I'll be sure to ask though. Thank you for being willing to help! :)

As for theme, I'm not 100% sure yet. We like the idea of having multi colors rather than just one color & accent (kind of similar to a Mad-Hatter theme, minus the tea party & crazy cake). I guess the closest words to describing a theme would be whimsical, fun, and romantic. It's still all kinda new.

How did you settle on your theme? How long have you been planning? Any advice for just starting out?

You're welcome! I agree, it can definitely be overwhelming. I really like the multi-color idea! I think that would be so fun and pretty! :cutie:

We started planning last May, literally right after we got engaged. We love the Beach Club and knew we wanted to have the ceremony & reception at Shipwreck Beach/Ariel's, so having a "Little Mermaid" theme just seemed perfect for us. We've been careful not to over-do the theming, though. It's mostly fun little touches.

As for advice, I think it's great that you're starting early! I would browse Pinterest, these boards, the DFTW blog, and the Disney Wedding Blog often. Carrie's podcast is also great! These things should give you lots of great ideas to help you narrow down what you like the most. Making lists and prioritizing has also helped me a lot! I would also be sure to book your officiant, hair, make-up, and dress-steaming early on.

Our wedding is now less than 50 days away!!!! :yay: :yay: :yay: I'm very stressed and excited at the same time! :laughing:

This morning, I remembered that I never booked anyone to steam my dress. :eek: After doing some research, I decided to go with Loftis Production Services. Lori was so nice when I talked to her on the phone and I've read great reviews. :cutie:

Wendy did an AMAZING job designing our fairytale storybook-themed wedding programs (in aqua and hot pink!) and 1900 Park Fare-themed rehearsal dinner invitations!! We :lovestruc them!! I also :lovestruc the custom illustration/avatar she did for us! Seriously, I cannot recommend her enough. If you haven't already checked out her Etsy shop, you should. http://www.etsy.com/shop/EverAfterPrintables?ref=ss_profile

Now, if I can just manage to get the programs and invitations printed... :rotfl:

I also need to hurry up and make an appointment to have a bustle sewn on my dress. :eek:

You're welcome! I agree, it can definitely be overwhelming. I really like the multi-color idea! I think that would be so fun and pretty! :cutie:

We started planning last May, literally right after we got engaged. We love the Beach Club and knew we wanted to have the ceremony & reception at Shipwreck Beach/Ariel's, so having a "Little Mermaid" theme just seemed perfect for us. We've been careful not to over-do the theming, though. It's mostly fun little touches.

As for advice, I think it's great that you're starting early! I would browse Pinterest, these boards, the DFTW blog, and the Disney Wedding Blog often. Carrie's podcast is also great! These things should give you lots of great ideas to help you narrow down what you like the most. Making lists and prioritizing has also helped me a lot! I would also be sure to book your officiant, hair, make-up, and dress-steaming early on.

Thanks! I also got a eBook of Carrie's book, so I'm making my way through that. I started saving pictures & jotting down ideas. Each day is a step closer to having a better idea. I can't wait to really get the ball rolling and seriously plan some stuff! Lol.

Our wedding is now less than 50 days away!!!! :yay: :yay: :yay: I'm very stressed and excited at the same time! :laughing:

This morning, I remembered that I never booked anyone to steam my dress. :eek: After doing some research, I decided to go with Loftis Production Services. Lori was so nice when I talked to her on the phone and I've read great reviews. :cutie:

Wendy did an AMAZING job designing our fairytale storybook-themed wedding programs (in aqua and hot pink!) and 1900 Park Fare-themed rehearsal dinner invitations!! We :lovestruc them!! I also :lovestruc the custom illustration/avatar she did for us! Seriously, I cannot recommend her enough. If you haven't already checked out her Etsy shop, you should. http://www.etsy.com/shop/EverAfterPrintables?ref=ss_profile

Now, if I can just manage to get the programs and invitations printed... :rotfl:

I also need to hurry up and make an appointment to have a bustle sewn on my dress. :eek:

Hooray for being less than 50 days away!! I can only imagine how excited you are! :woohoo:

And, I love Wendy's shop! I plan to use her for Save the Dates, at least! :) What did you do for your programs? I know the boy wanted to replicate one of the storybooks for programs (eg. Sleeping Beauty or Cinderella)...

Thanks! I also got a eBook of Carrie's book, so I'm making my way through that. I started saving pictures & jotting down ideas. Each day is a step closer to having a better idea. I can't wait to really get the ball rolling and seriously plan some stuff! Lol.

Hooray for being less than 50 days away!! I can only imagine how excited you are! :woohoo:

And, I love Wendy's shop! I plan to use her for Save the Dates, at least! :) What did you do for your programs? I know the boy wanted to replicate one of the storybooks for programs (eg. Sleeping Beauty or Cinderella)...

Thank you!! I am very excited!! :goodvibes It really does go by so fast, so enjoy it!

Good choice! :thumbsup2 Our programs are based off of this invitation that Wendy had already designed: http://www.etsy.com/listing/91672403/modern-fairy-tale-wedding-invitation . The main difference is that ours are aqua, white, and a lighter hot pink.

Your ring is beautiful! And. Congats on booking the MK photo shoot!! I'm wanting to do one as well, but I can't decide whether or not to have it the day of or the day after the ceremony. How did you decide?

Your ring is beautiful! And. Congats on booking the MK photo shoot!! I'm wanting to do one as well, but I can't decide whether or not to have it the day of or the day after the ceremony. How did you decide?

Thank you!! :goodvibes You should definitely do a MK photo shoot! :thumbsup2 If you're interested, it's only $200 more to do a two-park shoot. We chose HS as our other park.

It was easy for us to decide to do it the day after our wedding because we want to stick to tradition and not see each other before the ceremony. Plus, our ceremony is at 10 am, so it would make for a really long day. Since our reception will be over at 3 pm, it's not a problem for us. I think it really depends on what time your ceremony starts and your reception ends.

Hiya! I'm new to this game, but I just want to say that I love your theme! So fun!

I can't wait to see what else you have planned, and Congrats on being so close to your Happily Ever After. :D

Now that I've become an Instagram fan, I wanted to post some pictures of the starfish headband my Jr. bridesmaids and flower girl are going to wear, and the starfish necklace my bridesmaids are going to wear! :cutie:

I got the headbands from http://www.etsy.com/shop/ShepherdoftheSea?ref=ss_profile . I :lovestruc her shop! If you're looking for any beachy accessories, this is the place to go. :thumbsup2

media

I got the starfish necklaces from http://www.etsy.com/shop/IrinSkye?ref=ss_profile . This shop has a lot of beautiful jewelry!

media

This is not wedding-related, but in the spirit of March Madness, I had to post a picture of our UK recliner (with Wildcat Pillow Pet) :goodvibes:

media

I'm a huge Wildcat fan!! Can't wait for the game tonight. I was born in Lexington, KY even though I've lived in Florida since I was 3, I'm still a wildcat!!

I'm a huge Wildcat fan!! Can't wait for the game tonight. I was born in Lexington, KY even though I've lived in Florida since I was 3, I'm still a wildcat!!

Yay! :yay: Another Wildcats fan!! DF and I both graduated from UK and have lived in KY our entire lives. I'm from southern KY and he's from Louisville (but he knows which team to root for ;)). We both really miss living in Lexington. Let's hope they keep it up! I want to see a championship win this year! :goodvibes

Love everything so far! My all time favorite Disney film is The Little Mermaid.....so the beachy touches are right up my street!

You don't have long to go now, how exciting!!

I'm just joining and LOVING all your planning so far!
I'm also a UK fan because my family is from Lexington, and I almost went to college there! :)
YAY for UK fans!
I love reading about all your plans! Can't wait to see more!

Love everything so far! My all time favorite Disney film is The Little Mermaid.....so the beachy touches are right up my street!

You don't have long to go now, how exciting!!

Thank you!! :cutie: I'm one of those people that has a hard time picking a favorite Disney movie (I love all of them! :lovestruc), so it's a three way tie between "The Little Mermaid," "Sleeping Beauty," and "Beauty and the Beast." :laughing:

I'm just joining and LOVING all your planning so far!
I'm also a UK fan because my family is from Lexington, and I almost went to college there! :)
YAY for UK fans!
I love reading about all your plans! Can't wait to see more!

Thank you!! :goodvibes Yay for another UK fan!! :yay: I see that you also have a PJ, so I'm going to check it out! :)

OHHH! Bride shirts!
You got that tank at Vicki Secrets? That's awesome! I'm so getting one! LOVE IT!
I hadn't planned on buying too much stuff that said "bride" on it, because I didn't want to just wear it once. Seemed like a waste, BUT I have had a total change of heart after seeing these! :laughing:
Etsy is really the coolest place ever! Thanks for the ideas!

Awww, wedding goodies :lovestruc I just think everything looks great :thumbsup2 I love how u are having "the little mermaid theme" :cutie:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter