Cedar Point, Ohio...GAC?

taximomfor4

<font color=purple>Needs a few Ricola drops<br><fo
Anyone know if Cedar POint has GAC or something similar? Don't know if we will take SID dd7 if they don't...but thought it was worth asking here!

Beth

We haven't been to cedar point yet, but did go to Kings Island a month ago, when we went we visited the guest relations area and where given a disabilites guide book, the book tells what rides you go to the front of the line to get a stamp so you can come back at a certain time to ride that ride-- basically the same as a fast pass; some of the rides we could just go in thru the exit and get on the ride with hardly any waiting. My guess is that cedar point is probably the same, you could always call them, or just visit the guest relations booth. The number for cedar point is: 419-626-0830
Hope that helps

We visit knotts berry farm in california all the time which is owned by cedar point and there GAC is great but you have to have a note of a disability placard. I hope you have fun!!!!

this may be on the info sheet - but here's what i know...

you take your special needs child / friend / spouse to one of two check in points. (those must be on the map..) there you answer questions about head and neck control, transferring etc... and then they tell you what rides that person can go on.

What I do is fib a bit, because all we want for my son is the log ride and erie mine car and they would never in a million years let us on those if we answered their questions honestly. SO.. be careful during that bit.

Then you have this form, you go to the wheelchair places, they check to see if the form has this ride approved... if approved to ride you wait. You wait the full time as if you had entered in the back of the line.

We've decided that we don't really get our money's worth at CP anymore because Kevin simply can't stand sitting still for too long. We used to go every year when he was small enough for Camp Snoopy, but he's too old for that now - so waiting for 120 mins for him to ride something 2 times and then he's done for the day - unless we want to wait another 60 mins just seems like a waste of money.

We stay on site and when possible enter early - we can ride the mine car about 5 times before it gets too crowded. The log ride is usually the biggest hassle and let down.

Sue

Sue are you talking about the one in California or Ohio? Becasue the one in california called Knotts berry farm is nothing like what you described. I just showed a doctors note and they let us through all the exits. But you HAD to have a doctors note or handicap placard to get there specail assistance pass. We visit knotts regularly and have never had to wait at the exit for a long period of time.

Now magic mountain (six flags) on the other hand makes you sit in the sun for 2 hours then lets you ride. We are not going back there until they change there polocy. I don't mind waiting my turn but making a Autistic child wait for two hours in the sun and not even giving the choice to come back for your wait time was unacceptable. We left after 2 hours we were so upset this was about three years ago.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter