• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Celebrating a life well lived, our friend Jason....

Dan Murphy

We are family.
Tomorrow, last year on January 21st, we learned of the untimely passing of our friend and dis family member, Jason. Most of us knew Jason in his earlier years here as Pop Daddy, or in his later years, low-key.

Who can forget receiving a reply from Jason as 'long post' if you posted more than about a paragraph? :) Or who here had received a reply from Jason with a single word, 'hey', if your post was about a personal difficulty, a hurt, a sadness in your life? We came to know that a 'hey' from Jason meant a lot, that he really cared about you and your concern.

How about we celebrate a life well lived, Jason's? Just like in real life when at a Celebration of Life, who has good stories, memories, online encounters with Jason to share with us here? I know there has to be some great ones out there.

For me, this one has always stuck out, stayed with me in my memory.....

Back in 2009, I had a PM conversation with Jason, very short, nothing dragged out. I looked earlier today and found it (I don't get rid of anything, ha). It really showed me Jason's heart, a real heart of gold. I thought I would share it here with you, celebrating a life, an unedited copy and paste from my PM's......

Hi Jason.

Just wanted to stop a moment and thank you, Jason, for your good wishes/prayer a couple weeks back when i was in the hospital. I know you and I pretty much walk quietly past each other here, but wanted you to know I really appreciated your taking a moment to remember me and say a prayer during my tough time. It really meant a lot, really did.

Hope all is well with you and family, best wishes for a Happy and Blessed Easter, Jason.

Dan

And then Jason's reply to me...............

Thank you Dan, and I do want you to know I did pray, just wasnt empty words, glad your doing better.

That short, personal encounter, sealed the deal for me. Jason and I no longer walked quietly past each other here.

Please do share some of your own Jason, Pop Daddy, low-key memories, Celebrating a Life, that of our friend and dis family member, Jason.

IMG_6304.jpg View rece.jpg

Jason first PM’ed me many years ago when he noticed I posted a lot in his song threads. Over the years we talked about music, our lives and our families. He often checked in if he hadn’t heard from me in awhile. And sometimes he’d give me heck if I ignored one of his song threads. :hyper:

He was my one “real” friend on these boards. I think about him often and I really miss him.

Last edited:

Hey. Isn't it funny how well you can get to know people who you've never met, or how you miss them when they disappear? Jason and I didn't have "personal" connections but I always knew he was here, as both PopDaddy and low-key. I think of him, especially when people IRL mention keeping something low key. I daresay, he was anything BUT... Rest easy, my friend.

I’ll always relate him to music - we often Would banter back and forth at each itger with me telling him he has horrible taste in music 🤣🤣🤣 he was such a fun nice person and I miss him daily !! I always looked forward to all his threads music ir otherwise !!
Thanks for posting this Dan - you’re a very caring thoughtful person !! ❤️

It doesn’t seem possible it’s been a year already. Sometimes I still look to see his latest music post before I stop and remember there won’t be one. It really is amazing how you can make friends with people you have never met. My thoughts are with his family on this sad anniversary.

Oh Jason, I miss you. You were always the light in the darkness. I bet wherever you are making people laugh and asking them about their favorite songs with the word "hey"

Jason & I became friends after I posted about heartache & loneliness and was getting some not so nice replies. He messaged me, we chatted, he "listened" to my bellyaching and didn't make me feel as if I was wrong for feeling like I was feeling. We'd message each other regularly after that, talk about life and what was going on. We'd even talked about meeting up in Vegas sometime.

Although we didn't interact online, I really enjoyed his sense of humor. When I learned of his passing, I was truly gutted in a way I have never been before over someone online. I didn't realize how much I enjoyed his threads and then missed them and his presence on the CB.
I look forward to meeting him and saying "hey" in the next life!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter