Celebrating Jack's 21st birthday Disney style! ~ update 08/22

While I suppose it is a first world problem... you still had to cancel those trips. And that's just not cool.
Thankfully I was able to rent my 2019 banked points which would have expired. The money I got from that pretty much covered my dues for the year so that was a positive. :) Now if I can actually use my other points myself, that would be great!

Thankfully I was able to rent my 2019 banked points which would have expired.
Phew! Glad it worked out... so to speak.
The money I got from that pretty much covered my dues for the year so that was a positive. :) Now if I can actually use my other points myself, that would be great!
::yes::

Come what may, I am determined to get to Disney in August and with that in mind, I changed my dates to allow for a possible 14 day quarantine upon return

Good for you!! We need to start thinking ahead and bringing normalcy back to life!! I'm so excited for you!
So now our dates are August 7th through the 15th with three different resorts!
YAY for resort hopping!! I LOVE split stays!!

Your plans look so fun with so many great things ahead for you!

Your plans for August sound great! Hopefully everything moves in a positive direction and you don't have to cancel again.

Good for you!! We need to start thinking ahead and bringing normalcy back to life!! I'm so excited for you!

YAY for resort hopping!! I LOVE split stays!!

Your plans look so fun with so many great things ahead for you!
Thanks Liesa! I am excited too.....I know there are lots of changes and cutbacks but I am still happy to go and enjoy my favourites. :)
Your plans for August sound great! Hopefully everything moves in a positive direction and you don't have to cancel again.
Thanks Courtney! I am hoping that the third time is the charm! Right now, we are back in a hard lockdown in southern Ontario and teaching remotely until the middle of February. I am so ready for some return to a normal life...can't wait to get vaccinated!

Thanks Liesa! I am excited too.....I know there are lots of changes and cutbacks but I am still happy to go and enjoy my favourites. :)
Me too. I will be so happy riding COP and IASW- two attractions so few people like. If I go alone no one has to put up with my going on less-popular rides or shows and I don't feel like I'm boring them to death. I love to just go slow and listen to the music, people watch and find new little details to me. You're going to love your trip!

Me too. I will be so happy riding COP and IASW- two attractions so few people like. If I go alone no one has to put up with my going on less-popular rides or shows and I don't feel like I'm boring them to death. I love to just go slow and listen to the music, people watch and find new little details to me. You're going to love your trip!
We would be the perfect park buddies......you think just the way I do!

Hurray for Christmas at Disney!!

Today was my 11th month window so I hopped on the DVC website promptly at 8:00 am and snagged a reservation for Christmas!!!!

Bill and I are going down December 18th through the 22nd and have booked a deluxe studio at our home resort of Boulder Ridge Studios! If unforeseen circumstances happen and I am not able to travel in August, I may upgrade us to an one bedroom villa!

I just had to jump on here and share my excitement that I have two trips to dream about and plan for now. Yay!

We will miss seeing you in August, bummer! I do understand the need to move the trip just in case you need the quarantine days before school.
I am glad you have a Christmas time trip planned as well.
August is a hot time but always fun for Disney!

I was pretty pleased....I'd heard reports of people struggling to make reservations earlier in December so was happy it went through easily for me. :)
We will miss seeing you in August, bummer! I do understand the need to move the trip just in case you need the quarantine days before school.
I am glad you have a Christmas time trip planned as well.
August is a hot time but always fun for Disney!
Are you and Andi still going in August? I am sad we won't overlap anymore. :( I did see @buzzrelly join our August planning group so hopefully we will get to have a Dismeet. With the ongoing border closure, quarantine requirements, Covid testing and travel advisories, lots has to change before I will travel. I am staying optimistic though with the vaccine rollout. :)
Huzzah!!! Disney at Christmas is devine!
It's just the best! I had so much fun on my solo Christmas trip in 2019 and can't wait to share it with Bill.

Hurray for Christmas at Disney!!

Today was my 11th month window so I hopped on the DVC website promptly at 8:00 am and snagged a reservation for Christmas!!!!

Bill and I are going down December 18th through the 22nd and have booked a deluxe studio at our home resort of Boulder Ridge Studios! If unforeseen circumstances happen and I am not able to travel in August, I may upgrade us to an one bedroom villa!

I just had to jump on here and share my excitement that I have two trips to dream about and plan for now. Yay!

How exciting! We'll be at BLT 12/8-12/15, just missing you! I'm really hoping things are more normal and maybe even have some MVMCPs by then…one can hope, right??

Those December DVC reservations are no joke! I was stressed leading up to it because I could tell people were walking since November. I initially had to book a Lake View but one lucky morning I was able to modify to a Standard View but I felt like it was an Olympic Sport!

Are you and Andi still going in August? I am sad we won't overlap anymore. :( I did see @buzzrelly join our August planning group so hopefully we will get to have a Dismeet. With the ongoing border closure, quarantine requirements, Covid testing and travel advisories, lots has to change before I will travel. I am staying optimistic though with the vaccine rollout.
We are still planning for August, it will be later than you and Kelly, bummer!
8/21-8/30 are my tentative dates, we are also going again late September for HHN at Universal and Disney 50th! I need to join the August planning group!

How exciting! We'll be at BLT 12/8-12/15, just missing you! I'm really hoping things are more normal and maybe even have some MVMCPs by then…one can hope, right??

Those December DVC reservations are no joke! I was stressed leading up to it because I could tell people were walking since November. I initially had to book a Lake View but one lucky morning I was able to modify to a Standard View but I felt like it was an Olympic Sport!
It is so crazy trying to book for next December! I was happy with our dates and like you hope that some events are back. Hopefully travel restrictions will have eased by then so we Canadians can travel! :)
We are still planning for August, it will be later than you and Kelly, bummer!
8/21-8/30 are my tentative dates, we are also going again late September for HHN at Universal and Disney 50th! I need to join the August planning group!
So sad we are missing you two although at this point I am not sure if August will be possible. There is no way I can quarantine in the US before our trip and the 14 days when we get home!
Man I hope so! Things have to get better soon I can only think.
I sure hope so too! :goodvibes

Forgotten treasures lead to magical mail!

HI friends! We are coming to the end of the third week of our second hard lockdown and I am somehow surviving the joys of teaching kindergarten online. One of the good things about being at home is having a chance to organize drawers and closets. As I was going through a drawer I found a Disney gift card I had forgotten about. And it was for $200! You bet I hopped on Shop Disney and treated myself to some goodies! As well as collecting D&B bags, I also collect the Disney Dress Shoppe dresses. I couldn't resist adding the new cats dress to my collection!

IMG_7827.jpegIMG_7830.jpeg

I can't wait to wear this dress in the parks! I also got a pair of obnoxiously loud Alice lounge pants and a DVC pin for my collection.

IMG_7842.jpegIMG_7844.jpeg

Then I stumbled across this website called Ambrie which has the cutest park inspired dresses, leggings, tops etc. One of the women in a FB Disney Dress Shoppe group I am in posted a pic of their World Traveler dress and I knew I had to have it! Their prices are reasonable and the prints are adorable! These treats are keeping me sane during the pandemic and season of no travel for us Canadians.
IMG_7841.jpegIMG_7834.jpeg

Poor Stuart did not realize he would be roped into being his mother's official photographer for my impromptu fashion show! I even got Spaceship Earth inspired socks! A small thing for sure but they put a smile on my face all day yesterday.
IMG_7843.jpeg

The other huge blessing in our lives has been spending time at the fishing club. With the winter weather it has been fabulous for snowshoeing, cross country skiing and hiking. It's only a 7 minute drive from our house and having 200 acres of beautiful outdoor space to enjoy has really helped to keep our spirits up.
B505A243-039D-4354-AEE3-31EA24C60AA9 (1).jpg
I hope you are all staying safe and well. One day soon, this time in our life will just be a memory. Take good care of yourselves. :goodvibes

I am somehow surviving the joys of teaching kindergarten online.
Oh, man. I can't even imagine how challenging that must be!
As I was going through a drawer I found a Disney gift card I had forgotten about.
Yussss... Found money is the best.
IMG_7827.jpeg
IMG_7830.jpeg
Very pretty!
:laughing: You weren't kidding about loud!
I even got Spaceship Earth inspired socks!
Those are so cool. :)
With the winter weather it has been fabulous for snowshoeing, cross country skiing and hiking. It's only a 7 minute drive from our house and having 200 acres of beautiful outdoor space to enjoy has really helped to keep our spirits up.
Wonderful! I must admit that while I own both cross-country skis and snowshoes... they have not seen the outdoors in a very long time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter