Celebrating my Un-Birthday Disney Style-April 2010-New 5/3 - The TR has started!

Two weeks from today it will be Thursday 4/29. Today is our swimming day… we’ll either go to TL or BB, if J & K want to join us. If they just want to hang out at the resort, we’ll do that. The resort has seven pools, surrey bikes, basketball, playgrounds & a kids mall (whatever that is). I think we are probably leaning toward a resort day. :thumbsup2 It will be very relaxing for all of us. Tonight we have a dinner ADR at Boma for all nine of us. I'm really looking forward to visiting AKL!

Accuweather forecast:
Thursday 4/22: 83 with plenty of sun (0 precip)
Friday 4/23: 83 with sunshine & patchy clouds (0 precip)
Saturday 4/24: 82 & partly sunny (0 precip)
Sunday 4/25: 83 & humid with some sun (.29 precip)
Monday 4/26: 85 with a morning t-shower or two (.2 precip)
Tuesday 4/27: 85 & mostly sunny (0 rain)
Wednesday 4/28: 81 with an afternoon shower (.01 precip)
Thursday 4/29: 77 with partial sunshine (.01 precip)

So how have I made out with my to-do list this week, with everything else going on??

2 weeks to go (4/8 – 4/14):
• From previous week:
o Get Disney gift cards for the kids - DONE
o Collect the rest of the PhotoPass $ - DONE​
• 4/8 – Start my “In Two Weeks” posts – include accuweather forecasts - DONE
• Program GPS - Tim to do 10th/11th
• Update iPods – Tim to do 10th/11th - DONE
• Buy travel snacks/food to bring - DONE
• Pull apart Disney binder & decide what to take – pull out travel docs & pack binder (email to phone)
• More laundry/packing - DONE
• Get glasses/sunglasses adjusted at Lenscrafters? - DONE
• Addresses for postcards – put in phone - DONE
• List of souvenirs/gifts for classes/neighbors – put in phone - DONE
• List of DISers/TGMers there at same time – email to phone - DONE
• Organize money/cash needed
• Stop mail & newspaper - DONE
• Wash sleeping bags - DONE
• Organize DVDs for Alexander - DONE
• Copy Kids’ birth certificates for GAD vouchers - DONE
• Finalize grocery list – email to phone - DONE
• Get Alex socks, Zach underwear, another Lands End shirt for me? – DONE

Last week (4/15 -4/21):
• From last week
o Program GPS
o Pull apart Disney binder & decide what to take – pull out travel docs & pack binder (email to phone)
o Organize money/cash needed​
• 4/15 – Amy/haircut - DONE
• 4/15 – Zach/Dentist - DONE
• 4/16 – Pedicure w/ DMIL :cloud9:
• 4/16 – Boys/haircuts
• 4/17 – Tim/haircut & dentist
• 4/19 - Chiropractor
• 4/21 – Wax Appointment
• Get DMIL to airport on 4/17 or pick up her car from airport
• Swim Meet 4/17
• Dinner with friends 4/17 – what was I thinking?? :confused3
• Southwest check-in 4/21
• Rental Car check-in - don't think this is an option... but still working on it.
• Print entertainment schedules (Steve Soares)
• Print final itineraries/touring plans & lists (or send to my phone) – finalize binder
• Check weather
• Final laundry/packing
• Charge everything & pack chargers
• Clean house/change sheets
• Check online banking/pay bills for 4/22 pay date

One week from today we'll be at Jeff's house, the kids should be in bed, and hopefully I'll be sipping a nice glass of wine. :goodvibes

Up next... back to the parks!

PS - For anyone who's interested... it looks like Disney PhotoPass has reinstated the pre-purchase photo CD discount for everyone! I was able to pre-purchase our PhotoPass CD for $99.95 using a link from stitchkingdom yesterday! :thumbsup2

Two weeks from today it will be Thursday 4/29. Today is our swimming day… we’ll either go to TL or BB, if J & K want to join us. If they just want to hang out at the resort, we’ll do that. The resort has seven pools, surrey bikes, basketball, playgrounds & a kids mall (whatever that is). I think we are probably leaning toward a resort day. :thumbsup2
It will be very relaxing for all of us.

Accuweather forecast:
Thursday 4/29: 77 with partial sunshine (.01 precip)

Definitely spend some time relaxing/playing at the resort. It only took me five vacations to figure out how important that is!

The weather looks perfect for it, too!

Kathy

Oops... I guess I missed these in all the chaos of the messed up internet connection...

Love the plans and the count down!!! WOW! It is finally here, isn't it??!! How great for you! So exciting!!! :rotfl: I think your plans look like great fun, and I am sure you will enjoy your dinner at Shula's! I have heard good things! The weather looks fine, looks like typical Florida weather, maybe a few days will be hot, but generally nice! :thumbsup2 So far no rainfall like last year!

Tim is really looking forward to Shula's so I'm sure we'll enjoy it. :thumbsup2

Single Digits Woo Hoo!!!:thumbsup2

Your MK plans look great!! We LOVE CHH for lunch. We always sit upstairs & really enjoy it.

In 6 trips we have never done TSI either! I guess we should really try it one of these trips.

And :yay::yay: for date night!!

We'll have to try sitting upstairs this year. We sat off to the left (as you look at the kitchen) and it was actually pretty quiet - but we tend to eat early to avoid the rush.

Zach is really looking forward to exploring TSI. I think Alex will be afraid, but I'm happy to get the opportunity to hold his hand when he lets me. :goodvibes

Less than a week!!!!!!!!:thumbsup2

As soon as I wake up tomorrow we'll be down to 5 days!! :banana:

Definitely spend some time relaxing/playing at the resort. It only took me five vacations to figure out how important that is!

The weather looks perfect for it, too!

Kathy

I hope everyone votes to pass on the waterpark & just hang out at the resort. We'll have the cousins there to keep the kiddos occupied and mom & dad might get to actually enjoy the down time. :thumbsup2

Two weeks from today it will be Friday 4/30.

Park hours:
MK: 9am-7pm (Grad Night)
Epcot: 9am-9pm
DHS: 9am-10pm (Fantasmic at 8:30 & 10:00)
AK: 9am-6pm

Today will be our main Epcot day, with a little DHS on the side. We have an 11:35 ADR at Le Cellier, but it’s only for four. Jeff & the gang are leaving sometime today… I suspect fairly early, they tend to want to get up and go on departure day. Tim, the boys & I will definitely head to Epcot this morning whether DMIL joins us or not. If she wants to stay back with Jeff & family, we’ll pick her up after we finish up at Epcot.

I want to hit the character connection early while everyone else at Epcot runs off to Soarin’. We may try to go to the Disney Visa Meet & Greet earlier in the week... are these two character meets similar? Is there any point in going to both? :confused3 The rest of our morning will be spent riding Soarin’, Test Track & visiting Nemo & Friends. Hopefully we’ll get to see Crush for the first time. Figment is on my maybe list as well since I can’t remember the last time I saw him... anyone know if he’s been open lately? We’ll also grab a Kim Possible fastpass as soon as we get there. I want to visit the kids F&G play area & visit Club Cool too. I think Zach will be an eager subject! He's always excited for a chance to drink soda! I'll be sure to have the camera ready! ;)

Day 5: Epcot (2nd visit)
• Leave condo by 8:15 – 8:30
• Get stroller
• Character Connection?
• Get Kim Possible FP
• Soarin’
• Nemo & Friends
• Crush?
• Test Track
• Mission Space green?
• Figment?
• Club Cool
• F&G Play areas/butterflies
• World Schowcase: Kim Possible/masks/passports??
• Lunch at Le Cellier at 11:35?? (ADR only for 4)
• Serveur Amusant at 12:45, 1:35, 2:25, 3:05, 3:55 & 4:40pm (Su, M, Th, F, Sa) (20 min)
• Spirit of America Fife & Drum at 11:30am, 12:15, 1:00, 1:45, 2:30, 3:15 & 4:00pm (Fri & Sat) (15 min)
• Dragon Legend Acrobats at 3:05, 4:15, 5:15, 6:15 & 7:15pm daily (20 min)
• Break/pick up DMIL?
• Head over to DHS

We will spend the evening at DHS. We’ll either head straight there or take a mid-day break. We have a dinner ADR at 50s PTC for all five of us. Our plans for today will be to ride our favorites… TSM, ToT & RnRC plus anything we missed earlier in the week. The park is open until 10pm (extended from 8:30 a few weeks ago & 2nd Fantasmic added). We may or may not stay for Fantasmic…

Day 5: DHS (2nd visit)
• Stroller
• Ride favorites/things we missed
• Dinner ADR at 50s PTC (for 5) at 4:25pm
• Stay for Fantasmic?

Accuweather forecast:
Thursday 4/22: 83, partly sunny, showers around (.06 precip)
Friday 4/23: 83, plenty of sun (0 precip)
Saturday 4/24: 86, plenty of sunshine (0 precip)
Sunday 4/25: 86, times of clouds & sun (0 precip)
Monday 4/26: 85, sun & areas of high clouds (0 precip)
Tuesday 4/27: 89, partly sunny & humid (0 precip)
Wednesday 4/28: 85, a little morning rain; cloudy (.48 precip)
Thursday 4/29: 85, a couple of morning t-storms (.93 precip)
Friday 4/30: 82, a t-storm in the morning (.09 precip)

Up next: Our last day. :sad1:

Hey amy! Sorry I've been MIA! I've been so busy!! I can't believe we're soooo close! All your plans look great! I know...I don't want our last day to come either!!I've been checking the weather also! Hopefully it turns out to be beautiful!! Can't wait to hear more!! We're almost there! :cool1:

Hey amy! Sorry I've been MIA! I've been so busy!! I can't believe we're soooo close! All your plans look great! I know...I don't want our last day to come either!!I've been checking the weather also! Hopefully it turns out to be beautiful!! Can't wait to hear more!! We're almost there! :cool1:

No worries! I've been having a hard time finding time to DIS too. Luckily I had most of my "in two weeks" posts already typed up in word. They just needed some tweeking.

6 Days to go!! :banana::banana: :banana: :banana::banana:

Edited: Oops... I wrote 5 days to go but I guess I'm getting ahead of myself... 6 days to go!

Wow! Can you believe you're down to 5 days!! SOOOO exciting!!

The plans look great. I hope you are able to see Crush...he's a hoot! :rotfl:

Wow! Can you believe you're down to 5 days!! SOOOO exciting!!

The plans look great. I hope you are able to see Crush...he's a hoot! :rotfl:

Thanks Missy!! You are so close too!! :banana: I'm off to get my pre-trip pedicure in just a few minutes! :cloud9:

We'll definitely try to see Crush this year!! :thumbsup2

Figment is always open (it closes at 7pm sharp!) and there is never a line.....plus the best bathrooms in all of Epcot are on the end of the building in a quiet area.....good place actually if one of your boys needs a sensory break.

Figment is always open (it closes at 7pm sharp!) and there is never a line.....plus the best bathrooms in all of Epcot are on the end of the building in a quiet area.....good place actually if one of your boys needs a sensory break.

Does Figment open late sometimes?? I swear I've tried to ride it and it's been closed... I suppose I could be thinking of a different ride, but... :confused3

Thanks for the tip on the good break area! :thumbsup2

Oh... and if you haven't figured it out, I'm not going to make it back to Manchester before our trip - too much work stuff has gotten in the way!

How did the IEP meeting go?? Send me an email!

Does Figment open late sometimes?? I swear I've tried to ride it and it's been closed... I suppose I could be thinking of a different ride, but... :confused3

Thanks for the tip on the good break area! :thumbsup2

Oh... and if you haven't figured it out, I'm not going to make it back to Manchester before our trip - too much work stuff has gotten in the way!

How did the IEP meeting go?? Send me an email!

I seem to remember something about delayed opening for Figment but I think that was years ago. Like just after 9/11....those years. I just checked my times guides from the Falls of 2008 and 2009 and the time on both is 9am to 7pm.

I'll try to shoot you an email this weekend. IEP went good....but we had the Autism Constulant that works with the school at our house this morning and that went great. Let's just say that I think we have someone in Liam's corner in regards to getting him the most services as possible from the school district :woohoo:

You haven't even left yet and your last day is coming up already? I don't want to even think about that.

If you plan on doing most of the things on your Epcot "to-do" list it seems like going straight to DHS would be the best thing.

I seem to remember something about delayed opening for Figment but I think that was years ago. Like just after 9/11....those years. I just checked my times guides from the Falls of 2008 and 2009 and the time on both is 9am to 7pm.

I'll try to shoot you an email this weekend. IEP went good....but we had the Autism Constulant that works with the school at our house this morning and that went great. Let's just say that I think we have someone in Liam's corner in regards to getting him the most services as possible from the school district :woohoo:

That's great news Heidi!!! :thumbsup2

You haven't even left yet and your last day is coming up already? I don't want to even think about that.

If you plan on doing most of the things on your Epcot "to-do" list it seems like going straight to DHS would be the best thing.

I think that's probably what will happen... but we may get some of the things on our list done on Monday night too. And some of the shows that I listed and just possibilities - I just like to list the times. If we need a break, we'll take a break... it just might mean skipping some of the stuff on the list.

I think that's probably what will happen... but we may get some of the things on our list done on Monday night too. And some of the shows that I listed and just possibilities - I just like to list the times. If we need a break, we'll take a break... it just might mean skipping some of the stuff on the list.

Breaks are not bad...:thumbsup2

Here's a thought though. If you are going to end up at DHS in the evening and NOT going to take a break, you can park at DHS and take the ferry over to Epcot. You can enter through the International Gateway entrance to get to FutureWorld. When you're done at Epcot, back to DHS. Finish your night, back to the car and your off!

Of course, that would only be if you didn't take a break and seeing as that's probably up in the air, my plan wouldn't really work, but it IS something to think about.

IEP went good....but we had the Autism Constulant that works with the school at our house this morning and that went great. Let's just say that I think we have someone in Liam's corner in regards to getting him the most services as possible from the school district :woohoo:

Great news Heidi! I have Nathan's goal meeting for his IEP on Monday

Breaks are not bad...:thumbsup2

Here's a thought though. If you are going to end up at DHS in the evening and NOT going to take a break, you can park at DHS and take the ferry over to Epcot. You can enter through the International Gateway entrance to get to FutureWorld. When you're done at Epcot, back to DHS. Finish your night, back to the car and your off!

Of course, that would only be if you didn't take a break and seeing as that's probably up in the air, my plan wouldn't really work, but it IS something to think about.

Sounds like a good idea Amy...:thumbsup2 If you do the Disney Visa meet and greet or find out any other details I'd love to hear...I've always wanted to and have never done it...my guess is this is private, still in line, but maybe more time w/ him?

I got a bit behind, but I just love these plans! I think you have really selected some highlights while you are there, and I also am thinking you are so luck to go during the F & G show! So neat!!!

WOW 5 days until Disney!! Isn't that crazy how it seemed so far away and then HERE it is!!! :yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter