Celebrating our 25th at BWV 9/11 thru 9/14

Imamom2

Mouseketeer
Back last night from a wonderful weekend. BWV was beautiful and the weather was great. A bit of rain Saturday nite and around noon on Sunday was no big deal. Room was perfect and location can't be beat! We did Drinking Around the World Friday and Saturday. I don't know how people do it in one day but it was really fun. We did 'every other country' so we had time to enjoy our drinks and the pavilions. Most beers we split (just ask for an extra cup) and drank water in between.

Drinking

Friday:
Mexico - I had a lime margarita and DH had a beer. Very good
UK - we split a Bass Ale draft
Morroco - I had white sangria and DH had Casa beer. Both were very good.
America - we split Ying Ling (sp?) that was pretty good.
Germany - we split Altenmuenster beer. We tried to find Hovel but it wasn't available.
-We got the salted caramel brownie and it was really dry and disappointing. Lots of people
were getting caramel popcorn (that was a sign!).

Saturday:
France - Orange Gran Manier slushy Best drink of the trip! It was so good we each had one (DH got another one). Popular drink based on the lines at the kiosk.
Canada - we split Moosehead lager. Looked for something else but choices were limited. It was ok.
Norway - we split Carlesburg beer. I liked this one.
China - DH had Tsing Tao beer and I had Tipsy Ducks in Love. Delicious but really big! I finished half of it. Had it been my only drink I would have been fine but we still had 2 more to go. This one should definitely be shared!
Italy - I had Proscecco and DH had Pinot Grigio. Both very good.
Japan - we split Kirin beer. We did think about the Sake Bomb but it just wasn't appealing for us.

It was really fun and I will definitely do it again. We ate and drank water all day both days.

Dining

Friday: We had 1:30 DR at BOG and it was amazing! We got to MK around 12:30 and had lots of time. We did pre-order Croque Monsieur on millet bread and a Roast Beef sandwich. Delicious, large portions, and great service. We has the Masters Cupcake - so good! The theme is perfect. We ate in the Ballroom and walked thru the other rooms. Beautiful but we did think the Rose room was very dark.

Sunday: we had 9:15 DR at California Grill and.... wow. It was everything I hoped it would be. The fireworks really are spectacular from the deck. We had the California roll and the Dragon roll as appetizers. I had the Lamb Flatbread and DH had the Bison for dinner. Sushi and dinner were excellent. Bison was delicious but I thought the portion was a bit small. The waiter sent dessert for our anniversary - creme brûlée and homemade fritters. Loved the fritters in dipping sauce. Creme Brûlée was good I'm sure - it's just not something we usually order but we did try it.

We ate at several places in Epcot - Katsori Grill in Japan (sushi and Teryaki chicken) and bakery in France (lobster bisque, pissadore, quiche florentine). We also had breakfast stuff and sandwiches from the Boardwalk Bakery - good selection and always fresh.

We also tried The Wave at the Contempory. We parked our car the Contemporary because we had DRs for 9:15 and just stopped in lobby to use bathroom. We realized we were hungry and it was still drizzling out so instead of Columbia Harbour House we stopped at The Wave. DH had BLT (bacon, lobster, tomato) and loved it. I had soup and sandwich (turkey on ciabatta and chicken chowder). Both good. We did share appetizer for two: crab cakes and fish tacos. Lots of food but it kept us full all day.

It was a a great trip. I will say that the Boardwalk needs to find a spot for refillable mugs - the Belle Vue Lounge should have it. And a word about the crowds - it was busy. Not July jammed at all but there were waits. 100 minutes for 7 Dwarfs Sunday at 6pm. I know that Night of Joy, Dining Plan, and the school holiday all played a part in the crowds this weekend but it was much busier this September. FP+ was great and we did everything and more but I am a "planner". I don't think there is much room for spontinaity anymore. I can't wait to go back again - hopefully during Food and Wine

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter