Celebrating Thanksgiving in the World - Pic Report - updated 1/28

Day 2 Recap

Today was Thanksgiving, so I planned it to be a laid back day (no rope drop for us). Our first fast pass wasn't until 10:30 or so and it was to get our picture made with Mickey and Minnie at the Adventure Outpost. Plans for the day included Mickey and Minnie, going to Rafikis Planet Watch for the first time, a late lunch at Yak and Yetti, Everest (my favorite ride!), boneyard for James, and a late dinner at Cape May Cafe.

Highlights:
  • Cool family pics in front of the Christmas tree. We had to wait a bit but eventually got some nice shots.
  • Ate a super yummy pork and grits dish from quick service near Adventures Outpost. So yummy!
  • Photo shoot with Mickey and Minnie in their holiday gear.
  • First time going to Rafikis Planet watch and more importantly riding the Wilderness Express. My boy loves trains.
  • Cool pics with Rafiki, goat petting, and rainforest sounds.
  • After riding the train back, a stop in Africa to play the drums. Always a fun time.
  • First time doing the Marakesh jungle trail. How have we missed this before? Loved seeing the tigers and the birds.
  • Finally figured out why hubby was so grumpy. His feet were killing him. A quick stop at a kiosk and Mickey crocs for the win! He felt so much better and was grinning from ear to ear.
  • Late lunch at Yak and Yetti. Sushi was good but I made poor choices for my cocktails. Oh well, like I tell my kiddo, tomorrow is another opportunity to make better choices
  • Riding my favorite ride in Disney, Everest!! Man I love this ride. I wanted to ride it twice but that wouldn't be fair to hubby who needed his own turn.
  • While I was riding Everest, the boys finally found the Mickey wizard hat DS had been wanting. Score!
  • Some play time at the boneyard while hubby took his turn on Everest.
  • Awesome safari at dusk. Saw lots of animals and a "disney" sunset. Only issue is that the driver was going so fast. It was dark as we approached the end of the ride.
  • Saw the start of tree awakening but didn't stay to watch. My guys were tired and ready to go.
  • Buffet dinner at Cape May Cafe. Had to wait a little longer than expected, but it was a holiday. Food was ok. Along with the normal seafood, there was turkey on the menu. Loved the lobby decorations. We like our server and left a pretty large tip.
  • Enjoyed the day but promised hubby we wouldn't do Thanksgiving at WDW again. He missed the traditional family dinner and FOOTBALL.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter