Celebration at the Top/Contemporary Resort

The booking page lists pricing for adults and for guests ages 3-9 so I think you'll be OK without a ticket for your grandson. I'd still check with guest services to be 100% sure though.

Was anyone able to secure this reservation? I tried all day beginning at 7am ET and could not find a single availability any day.

I went online at 6 (when it opened…but later heard they opened up at 5:45) and kept getting “no times available” for 10/8. I checked a few other nights and they were also not available. I finally got one for 10/8 but then got an error during checkout. I kept trying for 25 minutes and finally successfully completed reservation for 10/8. Not sure if it was glitchy or extremely popular. Anytime I checked later, I see nothing available.

I went online at 6 (when it opened…but later heard they opened up at 5:45) and kept getting “no times available” for 10/8. I checked a few other nights and they were also not available. I finally got one for 10/8 but then got an error during checkout. I kept trying for 25 minutes and finally successfully completed reservation for 10/8. Not sure if it was glitchy or extremely popular. Anytime I checked later, I see nothing available.
Thank you!

We did - we were online 530am and constantly refreshed. Around 545am it showed up but said no time available. Exited and refreshed repeatedly- husband beat me by about a minute but for a snap second we each were presented with a chance to book. Since he got it first, I released the 2 person reservation in my cart. We booked 2 people for one of the October dates - email confirmation time stamp is 556am.

I though am really curious how many people were able to book and what the capacity is.

For those of you who secured reservations to Celebration at the Top, what style of dress attire do you generally wear? I know that the Signature Dining requirements are the minimum, but do you dress up more?

My wife and I haven't been cocktail party people in the past so we have nice clothes, but I don't currently own a suit (or jacket for that matter), but in my 20s I always "Suited Up".

For those of you who secured reservations to Celebration at the Top, what style of dress attire do you generally wear? I know that the Signature Dining requirements are the minimum, but do you dress up more?

My wife and I haven't been cocktail party people in the past so we have nice clothes, but I don't currently own a suit (or jacket for that matter), but in my 20s I always "Suited Up".
California Grill never really had a dress code, so you should be fine. People sometimes dress up, but it's just to make themselves feel better. Normally they're sitting next to a couple in shorts anyway.

California Grill never really had a dress code, so you should be fine. People sometimes dress up, but it's just to make themselves feel better. Normally they're sitting next to a couple in shorts anyway.

Thank you. I knew that the ordinary dining usually was that way, but I wasn't sure if the event might be different.

I plan on wearing a black dress - bought from Amazon for under 30$ but looks dressy with Tieks flats. Husband likely to wear polo with khaki pants, dress shoes.

We too tried to get this and never saw availability. I continue to check everyday incase there is a cancellation.

As far as dress we did the Celebration at the Top - Sip, Savor, Sparkle (which is the same event renamed for the 50th) and we saw people dressed in just about everything. Tux to park attire. Since we spend most of our time in park comfort clothes, we dressed up tie/sport coat/slacks and cocktail dress.

It was a great event and the bar service went past the event close time the night we were there. They even set out togo boxes for anyone that wanted leftovers.

We too tried to get this and never saw availability. I continue to check everyday incase there is a cancellation.

As far as dress we did the Celebration at the Top - Sip, Savor, Sparkle (which is the same event renamed for the 50th) and we saw people dressed in just about everything. Tux to park attire. Since we spend most of our time in park comfort clothes, we dressed up tie/sport coat/slacks and cocktail dress.

It was a great event and the bar service went past the event close time the night we were there. They even set out togo boxes for anyone that wanted leftovers.

Hopefully you’ll get lucky for this event. My wife and I started about 5:59, I had it then lost it, then it wasn’t showing up for any times, then after about 20 minutes my wife managed to grab it.

We likely wouldn’t have gone to such effort, except we close on our house in Davenport September 30 and this is our celebration dinner.

My dining window opens tomorrow. I was checking the calendar for this event. I didn't realize it was not every night. I did some searching but cannot seem to find out what the schedule is. Plus current reservations only goes to November 28th. So nothing between then and December 1st shows up. So I am guessing it is not offered on those days?

I want to make a reservation for this tomorrow, but don't know the days in December it will be available. I called Disney Dining but the wait to talk to someone was just over an hour and I didn't have time to wait.

Does anyone know the days it will be offered? I really want to do this on the Friday of our trip. It shows the event taking place on some Friday's but not all. So harder to plan when I don't know the days this will happen.

I want to make reservations when my window first opens, as I am afraid it will be very quickly.

I must be missing the schedule somewhere so thanks for any information.

We attended the inaugural celebration last night and my opinion it was not worth it. $129 ea plus tip for hamburger sliders and sushi rolls. Sorry…free drinks too. Seeing the new fireworks show from the top of the Contemporary also establishes they are a let down compared to HEA. I wish we had a reservation for California grille instead which includes a complete dinner for a little less. Lastly we were supposed to receive 50th anniversary champagne flutes but they had not come in yet. Supposed to receive them by mail at some point.
In closing I highly remcommend you pursue the Californian grille reservation to save yourself a little, eat a complete dinner and have the same viewing experience as this “Celebration”.

My family and I were at the inaugural celebration last night and really enjoyed it. Views were great as always. We loved that we did not have to stop our dinner for 20 min to hold a spot on the walkway as well the second one was just for celebration guests. We looked at the time and at 839 folks from California Grille were already lining up on their walkway. We also got to see the Epcot ball at night and Harmonious from the walkway. Overall, it was a good value for drinks, food, and an incredible, not crowed view that we walked out to minutes before the fireworks.

We have the dinner reserved for 11/10, our anniversary, for 6 people. Thought this was a better deal as we not huge drinkers and it is a full meal plus dessert. I made the reservation on the day reservations opened for this.

Thanks for the replies.

There is still nothing available for reservations in the system for all of December. So I called Disney Dining exactly when it opened. It said a 90 min wait but turned out to be only about 25. The CM told me nothing is available for December yet and she did not know when it would become available or what days it would be offered. She did say the spots could drop into the system at anytime so just to keep checking.

She didn't know what the limit of guests for the event was, but simply said it was limited, which I had assumed.

So I it will be something I have to keep looking for and hopefully I will catch it when it gets into the system.

Has anybody attended lately? I am curious about the adult beverages with food and desserts. Only reviews I have found have not mentioned those.

I got lucky and caught a cancel for 12/2 and am looking forward to it. For us it is a steal! A champagne, food then a wine and desserts with a cordial? that would be far more than the $129.....

I hope they do get flutes in!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter