• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Celebration At The Top - Fireworks Deck?

Coral Reef Diver

Diving The Magic
I don't understand the "Celebration At The Top" event at California Grill. How is this different from having a dinner reservation at California Grill? (we have 7:25p for the 7:55p HEA) My question regards the fireworks viewing, I know the food menus will be different.

Is the fireworks observation deck open to all guests of the California Grill, or just for those attending the Celebration At The Top event?

There's more than one deck up there. So the Celebration folks get their own deck and the traditional restaurant folks get a choice of the other two.

Never tried it, but it seems expensive for what you get. I would rather have reservations at CG and enjoy the fireworks.

I share your sentiment, and we got our California Grill ADR for a half hour before the fireworks begin. We will be
arriving early
and asking for good fireworks seating, but I presume everyone else will be doing the same.
  • What else can be done to help secure good fireworks seating?
  • What is our worst case scenario for fireworks seating?

If you can't get a seat by the windows, you can go out on one of the 2 decks on either side of the restaurant. The view is at least as good as inside. They pipe the music out there as well. The servers will pace your food so you will be between courses when the fireworks start.
If you ADRs are 30 minutes before fireworks you should be ok. If they are running late, you can ask at the desk if they will let you up to watch the fireworks. Often they will if you have reservations.

I share your sentiment, and we got our California Grill ADR for a half hour before the fireworks begin. We will be
arriving early
and asking for good fireworks seating, but I presume everyone else will be doing the same.
  • What else can be done to help secure good fireworks seating?
  • What is our worst case scenario for fireworks seating?
Last month, our reservation was at 6:50 for an 8:00 HEA. We arrived about 15 minutes early to check in and did not make a single request. We were sat with a table by the window. I had a perfect view of the fireworks and my cousin had a decent view, but had to turn in her booth seat. We were not as concerned since we had seen HEA from inside MK the two days before. Many people went out to the observation decks and some just moved over to the windows where there were not tables.

There will be many people hanging out waiting for the fireworks for a good while. We saw many tables with people done about 30 minutes before fireworks that just hung out until the fireworks were done. We had just finished our dinner when the fireworks started so it was perfect timing for us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter