Celebration, FL IS A Segway LLC Test City

Testtrack321

<font color=blue>Good GOD, man, quit banging your
I have recieved note that numerou people have been approached by Segway LLC to buy their product, the Segway HT, for a steep discount if they agree to take part in a test run in Celebration and answer questions if the media comes and asks them things through phone interviews, surveys, and other things for a year. Last count, aroudn 100 residents are participating in this and more are joining daly.

Here is an e-mail sent by Segway LLC to people participating in the program:

quote:
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Congratulations! This email confirms that you have been selected to participate in the Segway Market Study held in Celebration, Florida. We are thrilled to have you as one of our first customers and appreciate your purchase and involvement.
We’ve already processed your first installment and you can expect to receive your Segway Human Transporter once you’ve completed training. For those of you who decided to pay for additional people to attend training with you, we’ve processed that charge as well and look forward to meeting all future Segway riders.
Starting on Monday (1/20), participants are asked to go to NEVrland to collect pre-training materials that include a Segway Riders’ Guide and Safety Video. We require that you review these materials prior to your training session. Sessions will be held this coming Wednesday (1/22), Thursday (1/23), Friday (1/24), and Saturday (1/25). Session availability is first come, first serve and is being managed through NEVrland. We anticipate the training sessions to accommodate 5-6 people and take less than 2 hours. (Additional training sessions will be offered in February.)
Once again, thank you for participating.
The Segway Team
------------------------------------------------------------------------

As you can tell, this is late breaking and very new. Thanks to other Segway sites and fans of Disney and Segway for bringing this up.

I can't help but think that Walt would have liked these little people movers, which may be why they're marketing them there. It'll be interesting to see how they 'take' once you've got a bunch in the city. I know our city (San Francisco) has banned them on sidewalks.

Sarangel

More info:

60 Segway's so far have been sold in a week to Celebration, FL people. Pretty good since most of them haven't seen one. Anyway, they will get theirs this Thursday. So if you are in Disney and want to see a practical use for the Segway, you know where to go.

Does anyone know what type of discount, if any, Celebration citizens received as part of the test run? At $5000 it seems a bit steep for the average Joe.

Originally posted by lrodk
Does anyone know what type of discount, if any, Celebration citizens received as part of the test run? At $5000 it seems a bit steep for the average Joe.

My source isn't talking yet. I'm guessing around the $2-3,000 range. Still a lot, but $2-3,000 in change is a heafty amount. Plus, they say that by buying the Segway at discount, you'll agree to answer all press questions and phone calls to your house and answer surveys Segway will send you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter