celebrity/NCL info?

daisyx3

DIS Veteran
We have our 7th DCL booked on the Wish in November, but we really want to take a nice Eastern caribbean in the summer of 23 to celebrate my retirement and both of us turning 60.
I have priced a night NCL in Haven for 8300, an 8 night Celebrity in the retreat area for 7000, and a DCL EAstern concierge (comparable to Haven or Retreat) at the end of May for $11000. So, DCL is going to lose this one.
I haven't cruised any other lines, so If you have experience with Haven or Retreat, I'd appreciate you sharing it!! Thanks!

We have our 7th DCL booked on the Wish in November, but we really want to take a nice Eastern caribbean in the summer of 23 to celebrate my retirement and both of us turning 60.
I have priced a night NCL in Haven for 8300, an 8 night Celebrity in the retreat area for 7000, and a DCL EAstern concierge (comparable to Haven or Retreat) at the end of May for $11000. So, DCL is going to lose this one.
I haven't cruised any other lines, so If you have experience with Haven or Retreat, I'd appreciate you sharing it!! Thanks!
So far we've only sailed on DCL(8 cruises), however I just booked an Alaskan cruise on NCL for 2023. We did Alaska on DCL several yrs ago. We have another WC on DCL next month, not sure if it will be our last DCL or not. There are quite a few groups for NCL on a certain social media site that we're not suppose to mention here. Everything I've read about the Haven has been really positive. We're sailing on the Encore. Their Haven suites look really nice, plus the Haven area has it's own pool and restaurant. The Encore is a newer ship than the Fantasy.

Loved Celebrity in a suite in Spring 2018 for Southern Caribbean. This was an older ship, Summit, and it was before they called it "The Retreat". We had a butler, Michael's access, Luminae, and other suite amenities that look to be the same as what they currently offer in The Retreat. We loved it so much and have booked another suite/Retreat for Celebrity Beyond in summer 2023. The food and service were excellent. I don't know if we will do DCL much once our son is older or not cruising with us. Which ship is it? Congrats on the retirement!

I've been on the Equinox several times in a Sky Suite. The experience is very nice--suite restaurant (Luminae) where you can also order off MDR menus, suite lounge (used to be called Michael's Club and now the Retreat), a Retreat sundeck, and a Retreat Host (used to be called the butler). Note that although Equinox was in drydock for improvements in 2019, the work was not fully completed because the dry dock had to be shifted to Europe due to the accident at the drydock in the Bahamas. So the sun deck area has no bar or hot tub, which the fully revolutionized ships and the newly built ships have. There's also very little shade up there and no elevator access if that's a concern.

Of the three, I'd do Celebrity without thinking about it.

To us, nothing trumps the experience of having a cabana on CC through DCL concierge. The private islands are what make cruising the Eastern / Western Caribbeans such a unique experience.

If you want to experience Celebrity in the Caribbeans, do a Southern Caribbean trip. It's a longer sailing, with some very unique islands.

Agree with hrhdhd. Equinox is a beautiful ship. The food, shows and service will not disappoint you. Have a great cruise. :squirrel::-)

Can't speak for the Haven, but I enjoyed my NCL cruise. Service was excellent, and ship was super clean. Stateroom was pretty tight, but didn't spend that much time in there anyway. I did like their Freestyle Dining setup. Rotational dining surely has its advantages, but it was kind of nice to just go wherever we wanted for dinner, and more importantly, whenever we wanted. Didn't HAVE to eat at the late slot every night if we didn't want to.

Well here is what happened. After a few days of looking for cruises I went ahead and booked a 6 night western on Celebrity Equinox. I got a celebrity suite for $6200 and it includes premium drinks, tips, and better wi-fi plus the suite perks.
The same western on the Fantasy at the same time, category 4E guarantee $7100 with no tips drinks, or wi-fi. Now I love Disney but even with that extra day Celebrity with the extras is a better deal.
Yes I might come back saying what I mistake I made booking another line (this will be cruise #7 but the first non-Disney) or not, who knows? I have a 3 night Wish coming in November too.

Well here is what happened. After a few days of looking for cruises I went ahead and booked a 6 night western on Celebrity Equinox. I got a celebrity suite for $6200 and it includes premium drinks, tips, and better wi-fi plus the suite perks.
The same western on the Fantasy at the same time, category 4E guarantee $7100 with no tips drinks, or wi-fi. Now I love Disney but even with that extra day Celebrity with the extras is a better deal.
Yes I might come back saying what I mistake I made booking another line (this will be cruise #7 but the first non-Disney) or not, who knows? I have a 3 night Wish coming in November too.
If it was like our Apex cruise last month you’ll be happy as long as you’re not expecting to see Disney stuff everywhere you look.

Awesome! I hope you love it!

If you like martinis, go to the martini bar and ask for a Milky Way martini - greygoose, baileys & godiva liqueur or the lemondrop martini. Have fun. :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter