Celebrity Sighting? Who is This?

M_I_C_K_E_Y

It Was All Started by a Mouse
My family and I were in Disneyland on May 22 at 11:00am and spotted this celebrity? He was by the stairs behind Tarzan's Treehouse and was shaking people's hands and had his camera crew all around. People acted as if they knew him so this may sound stupid but...

Does anyone know who this is?

celebrity1.jpg

celebrity2.jpg

celebrity3.jpg

That is David Tutera. He has a show called My Fair Wedding. He's a celebrity wedding planner. He's basically 'famous' for being on a reality TV show. :confused3 I'm sure you weren't the only ones there that day that had no clue who he was.

That is David Tutera. He has a show called My Fair Wedding. He's a celebrity wedding planner. He's basically 'famous' for being on a reality TV show. :confused3 I'm sure you weren't the only ones there that day that had no clue who he was.

Yep!

Looks like they were filming something in front of the Dream Suite. I wonder if they're giving a night away for something coming up. :)

He's also one of Oprah's people. He did parties for her, including the Legends Ball, and has been on her show a lot. He also designed wedding themes for WDW. Of course those cost an arm and a leg and your first born child...

We saw a group of guys getting off TOT last july and had NO idea who they were! But people were taking pics with them and they had a plaid with them. They stopped the line to let them board their own elevator and everything. We got off right after them and they were still posing for pics...but seriously I hadn't a clue as to who they were haha.

I wouldn't have known who that guy was either but I think it'd be so fun to be a wedding planner :)

I saw them there too that day and then later that night I saw the wedding party in the park! Can only imagine how much that wedding cost!

He did a whole episode of WDW weddings.

I wonder if he was the planner for the wedding you saw, and it was filmed for his show? Maybe as part of it, the happy couple got to spend the night in the suite. :goodvibes

He's involved in the weddings for DLR, too. I would have absolutely died to be able to have the "couture" wedding that you can see here, the one with the upholstered chairs and the big white lanterns....

Though to really call that HIS is silly; while planning our wedding (not Disney, but for a lark we did actually send away for the *videotape* back in '01 or so, and found it well out of our price range even then!) I saw setups like that in the British bridal magazines between early '01 and later '03...so he's just a big ol' copycat is what he is. ;)

Then again, it was almost impossible back then to *rent* furniture like that, it just wasn't available for the *normal* rental market.

He is *the* wedding planner at the moment.

Rumor on-line is that he was filming segments for an upcoming episode of his show in which a dream Disneyland wedding takes place.

- Dreams

I saw a whole bunch of people entering/exiting there that night so I am sure there was a Dream Wedding of sorts!

I "know" him...well recognize him from T.V. It's David Tutera, and his show is "My Fair Wedding". I love that show. While it's reality T.V., he just seems so nice.

OMG!!!:scared1: David Tutera??I would have died to be able to meet him!! How exciting!! I will have to keep my eyes peeled for his show!! Finally a wedding at DLR!!

Thank You all for helping me solve this mystery. I knew my DIS friends would know.

That explains a lot. About an hour or two before that, we saw some people pushing a cart full of what looked to be dresses and supplies - we could have only guessed were wedding stuff. They also had camera crew around them but were not filming at the time.

At the time, we didn't think that the two were related but now knowing who he is - I am sure it was the same group.

I know who he is, but I've never watched his show. But if he does an episode about a dream Disneyland wedding, I'll be watching!!

Hmm, guess I gotta be on the lookout for it...

David Tettra is a famous celebrity wedding planner, he now has a lame reality sbhow about taking over peoples low budget weddings and changing everything and then saying look how faboulous my tv money made your wedding. I kinda cant stand him really however since I dont actually know hime as a person I guess that doesnt matter lol, anyway yeah thats david tettra(sp?)

After watching the premiere episode of his new season, my guess is that the pirate themed wedding teased in the opener is the one that was filmed at Disneyland. It'll be fun to see if that is the case and how they set everything up! :)

I know I am bumping an old thread, but I just found this episode On Demand. Here are the upcoming air dates (WeTv)if anyone is interested:
Sunday, September 26 at 12pm | 11c
Thursday, September 30 at 10am | 9c
Thursday, September 30 at 8pm | 7c
Sunday, October 3 at 1am | 12c
Wednesday, October 20 at 10am | 9c
Ever since this thread, I have kept checking to see when the episode would be on. Off to watch it...

Oh I love David Tuterra! I am (will be) a Disney Bride this Halloween, finally! After having to Cancel 2 years in a row, we are officially getting married on Halloween at the resort:)now, fyi, our wedding is not having a coture wedding,but a big one, around 90 guests. And from talking to brides that have had weddimgs elsewhere, I can tell you that our wedding costs no more than they paid but Disney Does everything!! Now, of course if you have the $$ to get married in the park, (hundreds of thousands of $$)you can do that, but otherwise, the regular faire is brilliant,literally point at the pics of what you want.We saw the david tuterra show with the DLR wedding and it was amazing. Way over the top. Well, if anyone wants a Disney fairytale wedding, I highly suggest checking it out. Our wedding planner Traci Banister is so amazing and she really knows how to throw a party. :)

I would love to watch the episode. I do not have cable so I googled "we tv on demand" and found this...

http://www.wetv.com/on-air/on-demand.html

Is this where I can watch it at? If so, where do I go from here? Sorry for my being clueless. If anyone can help me find the episode and how to go about watching it, I would be grateful.

DAVID TUTERA!!!
i love his show!!! he did a wedding in Disneyland that was amazing!!!!
I would have LOVED to see him!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter