Celebs you have seen at DVC resorts?

2018 John Stamos with his wife and son getting pictures with Santa at the American Pavilion in EPCOT

Sshhh

You would probably guess I’d love to see Larry David. He’s the celebrity I’d most like to meet.

Oh forgot, I passed Danny Dyer in Animal Kingdom. Most Americans may not know who he is, but he is very well known here in UK, has game shows, starred on ‘Eastenders’ as well as playing ‘hard men’ in many gangster style movies.
This just made me realize that I'd pay good money for a Curb episode at Disney World/Land

Sshhh

You would probably guess I’d love to see Larry David. He’s the celebrity I’d most like to meet.

Oh forgot, I passed Danny Dyer in Animal Kingdom. Most Americans may not know who he is, but he is very well known here in UK, has game shows, starred on ‘Eastenders’ as well as playing ‘hard men’ in many gangster style movies.
I believe Larry would still be pretty cranky in the happiest place...

Jim Belushi walked by us on his way into Fultons when we were leaving. To be honest, I could care less if I see any.

Not at a DVC resort and not sure if she counts as a celebrity, but I was behind Meri from Sister Wives and her daughter while on line for Pinocchio at Disneyland a few years ago. I remember her being rude towards the cast member because the ride was having technical issues.
Not Disney related..
I saw Brandon and his Russian wife ( 90 day fiancé “here in norfolk VA.
Everyone was standing around.
I just gave the “hey it’s u “ nod.

This just made me realize that I'd pay good money for a Curb episode at Disney World/Land
So would I could you imagine his thoughts on the nickel and diming? And all the other customer inconveniences and irritations? Imagine him grappling with Genie+. Disney would never allow it as to have a true Curb at Disney would trash the brand. Would absolutely love it though.

Not actually in a resort, but Fergie was once on our flight to Orlando. (Not Prince Andrew’s ex-wife, the other Fergie).
Sarah Ferguson, Duchess of York, was actually a big client of my boss, during the time around when she was a
WW spokesperson. I spoke many times to her on the phone (had her personal number) and also met a few times.

So would I could you imagine his thoughts on the nickel and diming? And all the other customer inconveniences and irritations? Imagine him grappling with Genie+. Disney would never allow it as to have a true Curb at Disney would trash the brand. Would absolutely love it though.
We should crowd source the script right here and right now!! It would be spectacular!

Last week, I saw Minnie Mouse and Pluto in the lobby of WL!!!!! Seriously, I probably did get more excited over that than seeing a “celebrity”
What celebs have you seen at a DVC resort? If you haven’t seen one, who would you want to see?

Princess Diana and her family back in 1993 at the Grand Floridian - i remember being insanely jealous they got to go into the parks by the themselves an hour early by themselves in the morning befor anyone could go in!

Kane and XPac at the Wilderness Lodge pool around 1998 or so.

We took a celebrity with us who usually gets recognized when we are out. We went one day to MK. He wore a mask, hat, glasses. He was careful with the mask even when eating. No one clocked him that anyone noticed, which was refreshing. I thought line would be the weak spot. But even in lines, everyone is minding their business and on their phone. We were really worried because of the kids, they really try to protect the kids and keep them out of photos and such. We kind of split our group to protect the kids in case he got outed, which was sad. But we knew what we were getting into.

If you want to spot a celebrity, look for the people still wearing the Covid masks. And leave them the heck alone. They're not animals in a zoo.
Steve Guttenberg is my cousin (the younger generation doesn’t even know who he is anymore) - he’s been very kind to fans when they come up to him, but when it draws a crowd or lasts more than a minute or two, I know he would rather be left alone.

We ran into a radio/tv sports host from Denver at Big River Grille. My wife and I had no idea who he was but we randomly started talking about sports and he eventually mentioned his name and line of work. He was a also DVC member and at a conference in town. It was my wife's bday and he offered to buy us drinks at Jellyrolls. We hung out all night and he paid for the entire bill.

note: i purposely left his name off to not put out what he does in his personal life.

So how many of these were spotted at DVC resorts?
I count one or two.

If we are talking “how many celebs have you seen”, that’s a different story.

Not at DVC, but at the Gran Destino club level in October 2022: Josh D'Amaro, Bob Chapek, Christine McCarthy, and other Disney execs.

My wife gave me quite a bit of grief for recognizing them on sight (I didn't even see Josh D'Amaro's face clearly, just the back of his head, as I stepped off the elevator).

It took every ounce of restraint I had not to stand near Christine McCarthy's table and say loudly that I wanted another dessert, but that it would be "good for my waistline" if I reduced my portion sizes.

I will say: the club level staff LOVE Josh D'Amaro. He was friendly, took selfies, shook hands -- one woman said she wouldn't ever wash her hands again, after shaking his.

(Conversely, they were, um, not enthused about Bob Chapek. I mean, they were polite. But nobody was excited to see him, and pretty openly so.)

Many, many years ago we ran into Lawrence Welk walking through the Poly lobby where he was staying for the Pro-Am Golf Classic. With a big smile he stopped and talked, very warm and friendly. He certainly had a bubbly personality!

I never saw a celeb at a DVC resort but ones that I would like to see are Flea and/or the actress who played the robot daughter in Small Wonder.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter