Celebs you have seen at DVC resorts?

We saw Kurt Warner at the Beach Club, Geraldo Rivera at the YC/BC pool and Pat Benatar and her husband Neil Giraldo at the gym at the Boardwalk.

Not DVC specific but have seen Mr. Morrow, Tom from WDWNT and AdamtheWoo so far. Mr. Morrow was in Disney Springs, Tom in Epcot and AdamtheWoo in MK.

Edit: actual celebrities seen at DLR, saw Whoopi Goldberg and John Lasseter doing an interview together during the early days of Cars Land

Last edited:
DLR: We ran into Dallas Jenkins and his family last month in Downtown Disney after we had checked out of VGC and were strolling to Earl of Sandwich for breakfast. I gave a shy wave with a quiet, "Thank you!" and they all smiled. It happened so quickly I didn't have time to notice if they were wearing any of the recent 5&2 merch.

What celebs have you seen at a DVC resort? If you haven’t seen one, who would you want to see?
Chances are that I wouldn't even recognize them.

Someone once said that they'd seen David Bromstadt from HGTV's My Lottery Dream Home at Disney, and that he was just as nice and friendly in person. I'd love to see him-now to speculate which is his favorite DVC resort.

My mom swears to this day that we passed Dylan and Cole Sprouse at Epcot back in the mid-2000s when Suite Life was blowing up.

We saw Warwick Davis and his family twice on the same day at the Magic Kingdom. The first time they entered the Peter Pan line with a Plaid just in front of us. Their daughter was a few years old and their son was an infant. We didn't say anything to them - just let them enjoy their day. Later we passed them just walking along a path and Mrs. Davis smiled and said hello so we smiled and said hello back. I think Warwick was in town for Star Wars weekend.

Not DVC but my husband and I met Robert Irvine from Restaurant Impossible at MK. Another day we were coming off of a ride at DHS when my husband spotted Shaquille O'Neal . My husband isn't shy and talked to him at length with Shaq being very friendly and talkative. He saw me and came over to me, introduced himself and made me feel included. What a nice man!

Not DVC but my husband and I met Robert Irvine from Restaurant Impossible at MK. Another day we were coming off of a ride at DHS when my husband spotted Shaquille O'Neal . My husband isn't shy and talked to him at length with Shaq being very friendly and talkative. He saw me and came over to me, introduced himself and made me feel included. What a nice man!
Irvine must be a Disney parks fan... saw him at Disneyland about 8 years ago. I thought maybe he was there on business, but maybe not.

Talked to Billy Ocean in the lobby at BC while he was waiting for his ride to the airport. He had played at Eat To The Beat the night before.

We had just gotten back to Riviera one day this past Christmas and someone said they had just met Jimmy from the Sopranos and that he was staying there. I haven't watched the show but I'm thinking Jimmy was the character's name.

Talked to Billy Ocean in the lobby at BC while he was waiting for his ride to the airport. He had played at Eat To The Beat the night before.
I saw him one year at the Eat to the Beat concert. I was really impressed-he'd just become a grandfather and seemed so happy about it. Seemed to be really nice. I hope he's as nice in person.

Reading this post points out to me that I apparently would not recognize a celebrity if I run into one as most names here I do not recognize.
celebrity is a word used rather loosely. It is nice to read the accounts of somewhat famous people acting like the rest of us on their vacations

I do enjoy MrMorrow’s videos. He’s such an enthusiastic and optimistic person, so down to earth. Can’t say I’d lump internet vloggers & influencers into that mix generally. If it makes somebody’s day to run into somebody they admire, it’s a win all-around lol

Cody Rhodes was coming into the GFV as we were walking out one night. He had his hoodie up but DH recognized him. He nodded to us as we walked by - seems courteous.

celebrity is a word used rather loosely. It is nice to read the accounts of somewhat famous people acting like the rest of us on their vacations

I do enjoy MrMorrow’s videos. He’s such an enthusiastic and optimistic person, so down to earth. Can’t say I’d lump internet vloggers & influencers into that mix generally. If it makes somebody’s day to run into somebody they admire, it’s a win all-around lol
I agree about Mr. Morrow. He seems so genuine and appears to truly love his time at the parks, whereas sometimes I feel like the vloggers and going into the parks purely for content to make money (obviously I know morrow is doing this for income as well). I ran into morrow once in epcot at food and wine and he was just as nice as he seems in his videos. I was starstruck talking to him even though he’s just a YouTube vlogger that no one else in my family would even know of.

What celebs have you seen at a DVC resort? If you haven’t seen one, who would you want to see?
Erik Estrada at the buffet breakfast at Cape May Café. years ago, he was very friendly and took pictures with my kids. My youngest, also named Eric, was shy and didn't want his picture taken, but Mr. Estrada tried his best to coax my son to get in the picture. No luck! This was many years ago, he was very nice!

Didn’t see them, but waitress at California Grill told us Kelly Preston and Travolta’s son Jett were the prior customers at our table in the early-mid 2000s. At the time restaurant had a top sushi chef and apparently they were big fans.

We were staying at the Beach Club and decided to go to dinner at our home resort Poly. We were seated next to Gaten Matarazzo of Stranger Things fame and his girlfriend(?). They quietly ate and then left with hardly any fan fare from people eating around them aside from the few poorly attempted "I'm checking my phone and definitely not taking a picture of that celebrity" pictures.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter