Cell Phone Question

asimaaliyah

Earning My Ears
Sorry if this has been asked before, but I can't seem to find it. I have Sprint as my cell phone carrier and I know they said we'd be charged roaming charges if we try to use our phones while on board the ship. My question is, does anyone know if roaming starts once we cross the entryway and are aboard the ship even when it's still sitting in port, or does it start once we're out to sea? :confused3

We're planning on keeping the phones on airplane mode, while we're on board, but I was wondering if I would still be able to talk to my sister while we're still in port without being charged extra. Does anyone who has Sprint and has sailed before know?

Sorry if this has been asked before, but I can't seem to find it. I have Sprint as my cell phone carrier and I know they said we'd be charged roaming charges if we try to use our phones while on board the ship. My question is, does anyone know if roaming starts once we cross the entryway and are aboard the ship even when it's still sitting in port, or does it start once we're out to sea? :confused3

We're planning on keeping the phones on airplane mode, while we're on board, but I was wondering if I would still be able to talk to my sister while we're still in port without being charged extra. Does anyone who has Sprint and has sailed before know?

You roam when you are away from a US cell tower. You'll not be roaming until you are offshore. If we're talking PC, you'll be fine while egressing the channel, but I wouldn't risk beyond that.

While you are still at the dock, you can use your Sprint phone with no charges. I absolutely HAD to post the picture of DH already sleeping in a deck chair not long after we had lunch, and of course had to respond to the comments. There was no charge. I don't know what happens after you actually leave the dock. By that time my phone was in Airplane mode so that I wouldn't forget.

Beth

While you are still at the dock, you can use your Sprint phone with no charges. I absolutely HAD to post the picture of DH already sleeping in a deck chair not long after we had lunch, and of course had to respond to the comments. There was no charge. I don't know what happens after you actually leave the dock. By that time my phone was in Airplane mode so that I wouldn't forget.

Beth

LOL Thanks. That sounds like my DH. My sister wanted to be on speaker phone when we crossed over to the shop to hear my kids reactions, but I told her I didn't know if we could. Thanks for the info. :)

The service is called "Cellular at Sea" and the ship's cell tower is not turned on until an hour or two after leaving the dock (this includes all port stops along the way, not just Port Canaveral).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter