• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Centerpieces - each table with a different fairy tale

Librarygeek, What is the name of the font that you used for the last Cinderella in the list you posted? I liked it better than the other ones that you posted. I also like the first one, but I think it is a little too thick/bold for the C style font that you chose.

I think I figured it out...is it Cloister Black?

Here are a few others to play around with for the lettering after the first letter:
dearest (similar to cloister black but a tad bit fancier)
storybook (this is a cuter font but is also thick/bold like the first one you posted)

Also, the fancy font that I used in mine is called Bickham Script Two.

I couldn't resist playing around with the bookmark idea. Try playing around with not only the fonts but also the borders, and definitely add a tassel. Also, consider adding your married name :goodvibes, wedding date and even a fun quote like "true love stories never have endings."

Fancy2.jpg

Fancy3.jpg

Fancy1.jpg

WOW! I love what you did, I think my favorite is the first one. How did you get that border? This may be showing what a novice I am, but I was just playing around in word and I don't really know how to do anything like that in Word. Is there another program you use, or something on the internet?

And I like the tassel site. Shipping is a bit much if I just wanted those tassels for the table names, but if I do them as favors that would be a really good deal... I will definitely have to consider this!

WOW! I love what you did, I think my favorite is the first one. How did you get that border? This may be showing what a novice I am, but I was just playing around in word and I don't really know how to do anything like that in Word. Is there another program you use, or something on the internet?

And I like the tassel site. Shipping is a bit much if I just wanted those tassels for the table names, but if I do them as favors that would be a really good deal... I will definitely have to consider this!

I made my border using photoshop. You can add simple borders using MS Word by selecting the area of the document that you want to have a border then click on "format" at the top of MS Word and in the drop down menu click on "borders and shading". Once you are on the "border" tab play with the "style" "size" and "color". You can also play around with the "shading" tab to color the background.

To get a fancier border, you would have to find clipart online and then insert it into word.

I love the border that I designed...I actually first used it to make a personalized box for a deck of playing cards.

I wish I had photoshop skills. I've been searching around for clipart online and have yet to find anything that I really like, but I will keep searching! When I go home I'll also borrow my old Print Shop discs and see if there is anything on there.

Woo! So I just did some experimenting with the table names and I was excited about what I was able to do. I did it in word, which was somewhat limiting and at times very frustrating :headache: But, here's what I came up with:

First batch was experimental:

tablenamesamples1.jpg

Second batch I like better:

tablenamesamples2.jpg

I have another small update on the centerpieces! I collected a few more items for some of the tables:

P1040115.jpg

All thanks to ebay! A glass (plastic) slipper that is just the size I was looking for. And a genie lamp will be perfect for the Aladdin table. It's a little small, so I think I'm going to try and get some sort of pedestal or something to put it on. And I wasn't sure what I was going to do for Sleeping Beauty... and then I happened to find this Barbie sized spinning wheel! Who knew?? But it was the perfect find, I am super happy about it!

I have another small update on the centerpieces! I collected a few more items for some of the tables:

P1040115.jpg

All thanks to ebay! A glass (plastic) slipper that is just the size I was looking for. And a genie lamp will be perfect for the Aladdin table. It's a little small, so I think I'm going to try and get some sort of pedestal or something to put it on. And I wasn't sure what I was going to do for Sleeping Beauty... and then I happened to find this Barbie sized spinning wheel! Who knew?? But it was the perfect find, I am super happy about it!

Love the lamp!!! :love:

Hello I came across your post from last year about your Disney center pieces and was wondering if you took pictures of them once you were finished so I can get a visual idea of what you did. I lost an uncle that loved Disney all his life and I am getting married in 2014 and have decided in memory of him I will decorate the kids table with all Disney and thought I could do something similar for each kid as you have mentioned but instead of just one center piece I would do a smaller version of what you did for the name tags of where to sit and do there favorite Disney character. Thanks for your help.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter