• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Central Ohio DIS-meet?

ohiominnie

<font color=teal>It's interesting when you google
The idea came up, but it's buried somewhere in another post. Thought I'd bring it to the forefront and see how many people would be interested in a Central Ohio DIS-meet.

Anyone? Anyone? Anyone? Ferris?

ohiominnie :p

When you say Central I assume you mean Columbus area? A little far for us, as we still want to make one in NE Ohio.

If you make one in NE Ohio/western PA), let me know. I'll go back home for the weekend.

Trudy
(Youngstown State Alumn)

Trudy - Keep an eye on this board and the Community Board. We NE Ohio DISers like to get together fairly often. We just had a cookout at our house over Memorial Day weekend. No immediate plans for another DISmeet although one usually happens during Twins Day celebrations in Twinsburg. I believe that Twins Day is usually the first weekend in August (while we're down at WDW).

Let me know if there is to be gathering in NE Ohio.
My parents live in Twinsburg.

I'd also be interested in a central Ohio meet. Just let me know the details! Sounds fun!

Sounds like a great idea! We are in Upper Arlington (just Northwest of Columbus) and a central Ohio meet sounds like fun.

I have noticed quite a few Buckeyes on the boards - - a while back when Ohio was the featured state on one of the boards there was a good response from central Ohio.

Can't let Michigan out-meet us!!

--suzanne
:D

I'm here in Hilliard and would be interested. Does the reference to Buckeye mean the Buckeye Club would be a good place? Dunn and Busters? There would be video games for the kids......OK video games for me too.....

Ya know, we could always consider a virtual meeting as kind of a ground breaking, get to know you, traverse the distance between Central and NE Ohio, pre-Buckeye Club/Dunn & Busters get togther possibility.........

:p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p

Hmmm..... my 1st post in this thread said I've had 318 post and my second post in this thread said I had 318 posts, I wonder if my third post will still say 318.....

Maybe I've reached the limit.....

CaptainMidnight, do you mean Dave & Busters? If so, that sounds like it would be a great place to meet. My kids love it there. It would give us a chance to get back to our old neck of the woods.

I don't think my kids are old enough for Dave & Busters, from what I've heard about it. They are just 6 and 4. While I think they could do some of the stuff, it wouldn't allow us parents to sit back and meet with the other adults.

Maybe someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

ohiominnie, my kids are 6, 5, and 2. They do have things for younger kids to do at Dave & Busters. After I posted this morning, I got to thinking that it probably would be hard to watch the kids and meet other people there. Any other ideas?

GCM, ever been to Homestead park in Hilliard? It's on Cosgray road. That's a fun place.

I always think MY house would be fun, but I'd have to clear that with Ohiomickey! :) We've got a pool, play ground equipment, and a big yard. Something for everyone. We'll see what the other mouse says. :)

ohiominnie, yes we've been to Homestead Park. Great idea. I forgot about that park. The kids love it. Your house sounds like a lot of fun too, although the park may be a little more centrally located for others. I think it would be about an hour drive or so from Westerville. Is that about right? How do others feel about the meeting place? Keep the ideas flowing!

Homestead park is probably 45 min from Westerville. It is 15 minutes for us. Another idea might be the zoo. We wouldn't have to bring food that way, and could even get a shelter house if we wanted. They also have playground equipment.

I've never been to the waterpark out there, but always wanted to give that a try. That's getting somewhat Disney like. There is chuckie cheese pizza place for the kids.

Then, there is COSI. Wonderful place.

:p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p

CaptainMidnight I think that the waterpark at the zoo (Wyandot Lake) sounds fun. Yes, we could get a shelter house & if we were for sure that we would have a group we could get a %.But then again we would be busy with the kids. I recently went to COSI on a company excursion and didn't see much.Everyone said that we must have overlooked a great deal. I wonder if we can get a meeting area there? I like the idea of going to a park, too.

CaptainMidnight, I was referring to London (ohiominnie's town) when I figured an hour drive. Actually, I think it would take me less than 45 minutes to get to Homestead Park, especially now that 270 construction is done. Those are all great ideas for meeting places, but I have to agree with FreeTime about being busy watching the kids. Guess we can't get away from that! I'm sure my kids would approve of any of the places, especially Chuck E. Cheese!

Free Time, what are the ages of your kids? CaptainMidnight, do you have kids?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter