Central Orlando near to Flooding

pwwhitehead

Mouseketeer
Just read a report in the Orlando Sentinal stating that due to the excessive amount of rainfall one tropical storm and an intensive afternoon rainfall could lead to serious flooding in this region.

Apparently after a four year drought, which was at it's worst when we were there in March 2000, the rains have returned with a bang. The water table in the area is so high there is nowhere for any futher rain to go to.

Hopefully there will be a dry spell correcting the situation.

I hope the good weather arrives soon. I remember in 2000 all of the grass was well in need of some water and now look at what they have got!

Kaylee

Yes I recall the brown grass in 2000. The following year they even turned off the water display in Epcot due to water shortages.

How times have changed

We had a couple of trips around the end of 2000 / beginning 2001 when the fountains were all off to conserve water. Fortunately, things seemed to return to normal without anything too damaging happening then.

Lets hope this current 'crisis' resolves itself soon, and without mishap :(

We have just come back after three weeks over there. Rain every day apart from about 3 days, some days it was for 3-4 hours.

Still warm though and plenty of time to do everything in the mornings. Just missed all the great UK weather!!!

Some of the shops at the malls had sandbags outside the doors.

Speaking to people on the plane who had been for the last 10 years or so said it was the worst ever.

I was surprised how quiet it was, but Orlando and other US children had gone back to school.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter