Chance of water park in Dec.?

CatOne

Mouseketeer
Can anyone tell me the odds of going to the water parks in Dec.? And if the odds are fairly good can you tell me which one would be the best for a five year old. We will be there Dec. 19th thru the 25th. THANK YOU

CatOne

I try and go to Disney the weekend after Thanksgiving, and stay until the first week of december, which is only a few weeks before you're going to go. I always hit a water park. Like the pools at the various resorts, the water is heated. And several years, I've wound up with a decent tan, as well! Of course, the weather around the country has been so odd this year that you never know what might happen...

As for which park to hit, kids seem to really like both Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach (although Blizzard Beach does seem, IMHO, to be a bit more adult oriented, with more thrill rides and such). But which park you actually go to may well wind up depending on the rehab schedule: One of the three water parks will definitely be closed, as they roate during the off-season, giving the parks a rehab. But no matter which water park you hit, I'd count on having a really, really great time!

Richard

We went in Dec one year, it was a big family trip and a couple of the families went to Blizzard Beach--it was definitely warm enough during the middle of the day. As far as which one is better for the kids, I can't answer that--I've only been to Typhoon Lagoon once. Generally one of the parks goes down at a time in the winter for rehab.

I've read on these boards that BB will be closed in Dec. for rehab, If true your only water park option will by TL.

Can anyone confirm whether or not BB will be closed in December? I certainly hope not! The kids and I really enjoy an afternoon at Blizzard Beach. We were in Disney for 8 days in December 2001 and it was warm enough every day to go.

according to the info right here at wdwinfo.com

Walt Disney World Resort Water Parks has changed the refurbishment schedules for 2003. In the late fall and winter months of every year, Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon and Disney’s Blizzard Beach Water Parks undergo refurbishment. This year, Blizzard Beach will undergo refurbishment starting Nov. 1, 2003, with Typhoon Lagoon to follow beginning in late December 2003. There will be at least one Water Park open during these rehab times.

WALT DISNEY WORLD REHAB

:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc WOWOWOWOOWWWWW!!!!!

Typhoon Lagoon is our FAVORITE!!!!We are soooooo happy to hear it will be open for our trip in December......I'm sooooooo HAPPY!!!!!

(can you tell?)
thankyou.gif

We were there in December of 01 as well, and swimming was an everyday affair! Last year we were there in early November and it was just plain hot a good part of the week. I guess you can never really tell at that time of the year. I am hoping for swimming weather the 6th-17th of December!!! TL - here we come!

Erin :D

If Blizzard Beach will open up after rehab in "late Dec", does anyone know more specifically when that might be based on what's happened in the past? Is there a time in late Dec. when both water parks are open, or does one close down as they open up the other? Is there a chance both will be open Christmas week?

Thanks for any info! :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter