Chances of getting Palo Brunch

BlueRibbon

Mouseketeer
I've read on numerous threads about how hard it is to get a Palo brunch reservation. Some folks have luck making their reservations ahead of time, and some folks have luck snagging them on embarkation day.

Just an overall question: Is Palo brunch on the same level as Castaway Cay Cabanas? Meaning: If you aren't Platinum or Gold CC, then you'd better get up to Palo on embarkation day and hope? Or do ppl have pretty good chances(even Silver CC) if they get it when reservations open up?

I've read on numerous threads about how hard it is to get a Palo brunch reservation. Some folks have luck making their reservations ahead of time, and some folks have luck snagging them on embarkation day.

Just an overall question: Is Palo brunch on the same level as Castaway Cay Cabanas? Meaning: If you aren't Platinum or Gold CC, then you'd better get up to Palo on embarkation day and hope? Or do ppl have pretty good chances(even Silver CC) if they get it when reservations open up?

No, it's not on the same level as the CC cabanas. I was able to make reservations three times as a Silver by logging on at midnight the day my window opened. Once was a 7 night cruise with 2 sea days, but the other two times were short cruises with just one day when brunch was offered. I've heard that reservations are getting harder to come by in the last year or so, but I've been Gold for our last two cruises.

Quite honestly I think the answer differs depending on cruise. It's not exactly like the cabanas, which are only available on 1, or max 2 days per cruise (the more rare double dip) - Palo brunch is available on sea days, and on longer cruises there are more sea days. And then it also depends on how popular that cruise itinerary is with platinum and gold members. For our EBTA, with seven sea days, Palo brunch pre-booking was nearly full by the time silver opened up, and many silver cc members missed out. None of the first-timers were able to book.

But I suspect on lower season Dream and Fantasy cruises for example it's easier to get.

As silver on my last 2 cruises I was able to get it by logging in right when the silver window opened. However, I know other people who were silver and tried just a little later than me had no luck.

There are only about 20 family cabanas available on Castaway Cay. There are a lot more brunch reservations available even more so if there is more than one sea day

I’ve always been able to make a Palo brunch ahead of time except for my very first cruise. And for that one I was able to get one on board no problem, but I’ve only been on 7+ day cruises.

Aby

My first time cruising on the Dream I was unable to secure a reservation online at midnight. Nor was I able to get one upon embarkation.
We are on the 11 night Southern Caribbean. This past Saturday was the 90 day mark that Silvers could book. We were shut out again. I’ve heard it’s because most cruisers are platinum and gold on the sailing. We will try at embarkation. Will also be checking online to see if anything opens up. But it is extremely frustrating. 4 days at sea and NOTHING!

It's definitely getting harder for Silvers and new cruisers to book Palo brunch these days. Our first cruise was in 2015 and we had NO problems getting brunch. Next two cruises as Silver, again NO problem. Our 4th cruise we were never able to snag a reservation,but upon embarkation we were able to get one. Again for our 5th cruise we decided to try Remy brunch for the first time, but meanwhile Palo was again went very quickly and only a few Silvers were able to get in. Another reason I'm happy we are now Gold!

Can you explain the process at embarkation?

Is this on the ship and is there a specific time?

My first time cruising on the Dream I was unable to secure a reservation online at midnight. Nor was I able to get one upon embarkation.
We are on the 11 night Southern Caribbean. This past Saturday was the 90 day mark that Silvers could book. We were shut out again. I’ve heard it’s because most cruisers are platinum and gold on the sailing. We will try at embarkation. Will also be checking online to see if anything opens up. But it is extremely frustrating. 4 days at sea and NOTHING!

Don’t feel too bad. I’m on the same cruise. I’m platinum and logged in at 12am eastern and I could only find 1 day that had 1 reservation for Palo brunch! I think I snagged the last one. I was shocked. I wanted Palo dinner on Pirate’s night and they only had a reservation at 8:30 pm. Way too late to be eating food that rich!! I ended up booking Remy at 6pm instead. I was really surprised how few reservations there were compared to other cruises we’ve been on. I figured with all the sea days I’d have my pick of days and times. I checked the cabanas just for my curiosity and they were all gone.

Palo brunch and dinners were sold out online a month in advance when we cruised on the wonder this past March.
When we boarded the ship, went straight to guest services and they had spots for both brunch and dinner
We chose brunch on a sea day and the room was more than half empty around noon, it never got close to being full the ~2 hours we were there.
I've no idea about the DCL's mechanics of their online booking system. It's kind of bizarre to me, but there must be a reasonable explanation.
That said, Palo brunch is amazing, I recommended it wholeheartedly. Just go to GS as soon as you board and book it.

Look in the Navigator you receive at check-in at the port.
You will see a location and time for Palo reservations, its usually in a restaurant or one of the Lounges.
Get there 15-20 minutes early and hopefully you should be able to get a reservation.

Good Luck!

I believe DCL purposely doesn’t book all the tables in Palo to make it a more enjoyable dining experience. I have never seen it more than 1/3-1/2 full in 17 cruises for both brunch and dinner.

It’s a quieter atmosphere and you get more attention from the server if only a portion if the tables are filled.

I believe DCL purposely doesn’t book all the tables in Palo to make it a more enjoyable dining experience. I have never seen it more than 1/3-1/2 full in 17 cruises for both brunch and dinner.

It’s a quieter atmosphere and you get more attention from the server if only a portion if the tables are filled.
I was just going to say the same thing. We do Palo brunch every time we cruise, and I have always noticed it seems so empty in there and could never understand why reservations were so hard to get. However, I think you are right--they want it to be enjoyable and not seem crowded. We love their brunch! We have been platinum for a while now, so we haven't had any issues securing a reservation (and I love that we don't have to pay for it), but even when we weren't platinum, I was always able to get a reservation as long as I was logged in and ready to book when my window opened.

We love Palo brunch! I was able to to book it on our Alaska cruise two years ago as a silver. When we showed up, the brunch was amazing as usual but the room was mostly empty! So our server, Sasha, hung out with us the whole 3 hours (yes, we are languid brunchers) we were there and we got to know him well. On our upcoming cruise, I heard that brunch was sold out right after silver opened (we are now gold). Just check once you board; I would be surprised if you aren't able to get a reservation then.

We did not get Palo at booking (first time cruiser) or on embarkation day or on the next morning when I tried again. I checked once a day between booking and the cruise as well. It ended up ok bc I had a lovely morning with my daughter instead of her going to the kids club.
It was week after Easter and only one Sea day so that's likely the reason.
Remy was also full.

I agree. Could you imagine the lines around the buffet if all the tables were full?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter