• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Chances on HH

skorpie

Love the magic
I have a studio reservation booked for the BC in June 12-17 and hope to switch to HH at the 7 month window. I understand that summer at HH is prime time. At least I have some type of vacation planned. Any thoughts on the possible success of the plan to switch? I will naturally try a waitist for HH. Thanks for your input.

Poor odds of it coming through, though stranger things have happened. You're correct in stating that summer is prime time for HHI. We've tried a waitlist for summer there twice without success. That being said, I'm sure there are others for whom the waitlist has worked; however, I'd guess my experience is the more frequent one. Good luck!

Odds are not good. There are a lot of 2BR units at the resort but not many Studios or 1BR's. A lot of times we end up booking a 2BR for just the two of us because we can't get a Studio or 1BR.

Odds are not good. There are a lot of 2BR units at the resort but not many Studios or 1BR's. A lot of times we end up booking a 2BR for just the two of us because we can't get a Studio or 1BR.

Are 1-bedrooms any easier than studios during early parts of the summer (ie: June)? Does it sleep 4 or 5?

LAX

There are 16 studios and 16 1BRs. So no difference in the odds.
Actually, there are 21 of each. There are 16 2BR lock-offs in the main lodge building(s) and then there is a 2BR lock-off located beneath each of the 5 Grand Villas.

Actually, there are 21 of each. There are 16 2BR lock-offs in the main lodge building(s) and then there is a 2BR lock-off located beneath each of the 5 Grand Villas.
You are right. The number 16 was stuck in my head, but that's because I was thinking of the 16 in Buildings 11 and 12. I knew there were 5 under the GVs. Just forgot to include them in the total. Sorry for the misinformation.

This may not help, but there are definitely more 2 bedrooms than the others. At the 7 month window we've had no problem booking that same week the last 2 trips to HHI at the 7 month window. However we were booking the 2 BR... So not sure if your studio doesn't come through maybe you could use more points and bring family or friends as it's definitely a beautiful place to share.. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter