Change Dual Authentication

jbh275

Love VGC
I really want to switch my dual authentication from email to phone. I have randomly received the need to authenticate for the last few years via eamil, which as a pain, but not that often. Now that its each time I log in, I think it's just easier to use a phone vs.'s logging to my email too.
I cannot seem to find where to switch the choice, do you DVC'ers out there know where to switch it?
thanks, have a great turkey day!

I really want to switch my dual authentication from email to phone. I have randomly received the need to authenticate for the last few years via eamil, which as a pain, but not that often. Now that its each time I log in, I think it's just easier to use a phone vs.'s logging to my email too.
I cannot seem to find where to switch the choice, do you DVC'ers out there know where to switch it?
You need to have your phone number listed on both the DVC website and the My Disney Experience (MDE) app:

Go to contact Information in your "My DVC Profile" on the DVC website and make sure your number is listed there.
Also, make sure it listed in the Account Settings on the MDE app.

From the notification email: "In order to receive the code, Members will need to have access to the email account or mobile phone with a U.S. area code listed in their Disney OneID account profile, by the effective date of November 16." If that's helpful?

1) On a web browser, go to mydisneyexperience.com
2) Under the My Disney Experience menu (upper right), click on profile
3) Click on Account Settings
4) Assuming your cell phone number is listed, there should be a "verify" link underneath. Click on that to send a text message and confirm accuracy of the cell number.

Once that's complete, the DVC site should prompt for either SMS or email code when logging in.

Thanks, I will try both options.
From multiple posts in multiple locations, check MDE first and make sure your cell phone number is listed in your profile and has been authenticated by MDE. Apparently, if MDE doesn’t have a valid cell phone number for you, DVC won’t use it.

From multiple posts in multiple locations, check MDE first and make sure your cell phone number is listed in your profile and has been authenticated by MDE. Apparently, if MDE doesn’t have a valid cell phone number for you, DVC won’t use it.
Thanks! I couldn't figure out why it would send to the listed phone number. Went to MDE, the number was listed there, but wasn't verified. Easy fix.

1) On a web browser, go to mydisneyexperience.com
2) Under the My Disney Experience menu (upper right), click on profile
3) Click on Account Settings
4) Assuming your cell phone number is listed, there should be a "verify" link underneath. Click on that to send a text message and confirm accuracy of the cell number.

Once that's complete, the DVC site should prompt for either SMS or email code when logging in.
Thank you! This worked perfectly for me once I "verified" the number through MDE.

THANK YOU! As a west coast member ... I would have never though to launch/modify inside of MDE (I don't use that app) ... and I would never have seen the "verify" link for my cell number.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter