Change to bus service to Typhoon Lagoon

yulilin3

DIS Veteran
Beginning October 2, Resort Guests wishing to go to Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon Water Park should take a bus to Disney Springs and then take the shuttle from Disney Springs to Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon Water Park.
This shuttle now operates all day, beginning about 45 minutes before Typhoon Lagoon opens until one hour after it closes.

As a reminder, Resort Guests wishing to go to Disney’s Blizzard Beach Water Park should take a bus to Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park and then take a shuttle from there to Disney’s Blizzard Beach Water Park.

Why?? So there's no more direct route from the resort to the water parks??

Beginning October 2, Resort Guests wishing to go to Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon Water Park should take a bus to Disney Springs and then take the shuttle from Disney Springs to Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon Water Park.
This shuttle now operates all day, beginning about 45 minutes before Typhoon Lagoon opens until one hour after it closes.

As a reminder, Resort Guests wishing to go to Disney’s Blizzard Beach Water Park should take a bus to Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park and then take a shuttle from there to Disney’s Blizzard Beach Water Park.
Thank you for the reminder. My son will be going to TL in November after our breakfast at Kona so I have to make sure he goes to DS first. I'm assuming it'll be same coming back from TL? TL to DS? I made ADR at DS for dinner so it'll work out for us....we can just meet at DS for dinner instead of him going back to resort.

Thank you for the reminder. My son will be going to TL in November after our breakfast at Kona so I have to make sure he goes to DS first. I'm assuming it'll be same coming back from TL? TL to DS? I made ADR at DS for dinner so it'll work out for us....we can just meet at DS for dinner instead of him going back to resort.
there's no mention on return trips

Back when all Disney Springs (Downtown Disney) resort buses went to Typhoon Lagoon, DS service was screwed up royally by exiting traffic at Typhoon Lagoon closing time particularly when the closing occurred early due to a thunderstorm.

It's ridiculously annoying. As I'm sure Disney loves, I now get to add in extra money to our trip to deal with transportation to & from the water parks, because having to take 2 buses and wait in 2 lines is not reasonable, especially not with little ones. They should have always had direct service to/from the water parks to begin with, just as regular parks.

Ugh well that's just stupid. Who will want to take in essence 2 buses in a wet bathing suit back to the resort. Thinking this is going to change our water park plans =(

I don't put my suit on until I get to the park, and then I change back into my clothes before leaving. I wouldn't want to ride even one bus in a wet bathing suit.

I don't put my suit on until I get to the park, and then I change back into my clothes before leaving. I wouldn't want to ride even one bus in a wet bathing suit.

Are there clean locker rooms there to change in and out of bathing suits? I've been to some water parks and the thought of changing in one just has me needing to come ready to just jump in. LOL

Does anyone have any knowledge on how to get to the Winter Summerland miniature golf when Blizzard Beach is closed in December? I had read in years past that you went to Epcot and caught the CSR bus and it would drop you off there. I wonder if this time you would go to AK and do the same. We really want to try playing there this trip. BB closes in October so hopefully someone will have some information on the bus situation before we go!

Does anyone have any knowledge on how to get to the Winter Summerland miniature golf when Blizzard Beach is closed in December? I had read in years past that you went to Epcot and caught the CSR bus and it would drop you off there. I wonder if this time you would go to AK and do the same. We really want to try playing there this trip. BB closes in October so hopefully someone will have some information on the bus situation before we go!
Ditto all of this. I had an answer in a previous thread re: Fantasia Gardens but I'd love a reply on Winter Summerland too.

We have a day planned at TL and we're going to just Uber it. (Don't worry, we go in our clothes and change back into our clothes after swimming, so we won't get the driver's car wet!)

It's why we did BB twice rather than each park once: at CSR, being just round the corner, there was a direct bus to BB. Made sense!

This is what I found on that subject
  • After the close of Disney's Blizzard Beach and until 9:00pm, take the bus from Theme Parks or Disney Springs to Disney's Coronado Springs Resort. Get off at any stop at Disney's Coronado Springs Resort and get on the Disney's Coronado Springs Resort - Epcot® bus. Passengers should notify the driver their interest in going to Disney's Winter Summerland, as stops are made on request only. To return, notify the Miniature Golf Cast member at the podium and a bus from the same route will return.

• After the close of Disney's Blizzard Beach and until 9:00pm, take the bus from Theme Parks or Disney Springs to Disney's Coronado Springs Resort. Get off at any stop at Disney's Coronado Springs Resort and get on the Disney's Coronado Springs Resort - Epcot® bus. Passengers should notify the driver their interest in going to Disney's Winter Summerland, as stops are made on request only. To return, notify the Miniature Golf Cast member at the podium and a bus from the same route will return.
So, by logical extension, if you're on the bus from Epcot to CSR, you would just confirm with the driver that you're going to BB. And if you're starting at another resort, it would make best sense to travel to Epcot and get the bus to CSR there.

There's also a sidewalk to W-S from both CSR and the All Stars. It's almost exactly 1 mile from either CSR or AS Sports.

By logical extension, Joel, yes. But it doesn't appear the Epcot-to-CSR buses will be included in the "request only" stop.

Thank you so much for this response! We want to see the Christmas decorations at many of the resorts, so we'll just take that opportunity to look around Coronado Springs resort before getting on a bus towards Epcot/Blizzard Beach. @yulilin3 you are a wealth of helpful information - even in threads not about Star Wars! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter