Change to onboard digital photos

vrneuroh

Earning My Ears
On the Dream this weekend, there was a change in how digital photos work (compared to our Fantasy sailing in November). The thumb drive once given to you for free with a digital photo package is now an extra $10. They also told us we can download pictures after getting off the ship, but the site does not work so far. Please download your pictures the night before you disembark! Lots of functionality disappears the morning you get off the ship.

Thanks for the advice! Can we bring our own flash drive to avoid the $10? I don’t trust being able to download from a website once on land. Also, I can’t believe they’re charging for the flash drive while website downloading doesn’t even work yet!

On the Dream this weekend, there was a change in how digital photos work (compared to our Fantasy sailing in November). The thumb drive once given to you for free with a digital photo package is now an extra $10. They also told us we can download pictures after getting off the ship, but the site does not work so far. Please download your pictures the night before you disembark! Lots of functionality disappears the morning you get off the ship.
Can I ask which package you purchased? Or is the new fee on all digital packages, including the unlimited package?

Thanks for the advice! Can we bring our own flash drive to avoid the $10? I don’t trust being able to download from a website once on land. Also, I can’t believe they’re charging for the flash drive while website downloading doesn’t even work yet!
There doesn’t appear to be any way to provide your own thumb drive. You can download the pictures to your smartphone through the ship’s WIFI while onboard, but I would do it the night before you disembark. I agree Disney needs to figure out the tech side of the photos!

Can I ask which package you purchased? Or is the new fee on all digital packages, including the unlimited package?
We purchased the 10 photo package. None of the packages included a thumb drive. I asked and they said if you want one, it’s $10.

If you download photos at home can you still preview on the ship? I have missing pictures from each cruise. They never seem to find the lost ones. And plenty of strangers I need to find to get them back their photos.
I’m a nervous wreck with change. I’m almost sure “I didn’t know ________” will be something I would say once I got home.

...They also told us we can download pictures after getting off the ship, but the site does not work so far. Please download your pictures the night before you disembark! Lots of functionality disappears the morning you get off the ship.

How did you download it? We’re having problems getting pass the access code page.

There are two websites. The first one is only available on the ship, and you'll see it when you are at a kiosk, it starts with dclphotos.disney.com and there will be an access code. You can use this site while onboard to download pics to your phone.

After you disembark you need to go to disneycruise.disney.go.com/photos/ to get your pictures - you will log in with your normal login and all of your pics will be there.

Can we bring our own flash drive to avoid the $10? I
I can guarantee you they would never allow you to bring your own thumb drive. For security reasons, they would never allow a rogue drive to be plugged into their computers. Security issues abound. I can't even plug in a personal hard drive at my work!

I got off the Fantasy on March 19. No thumb drive or offer to buy one. Just download from the DCL site like you do with WDW Photopass photos. Mine worked fine, but it came in 3 zip files. Also, you can do them more than once and you have 45 days, I think they said.

I bought the unlimited package and got all of them, but I will say, I had to review my photos throughout the week to make sure I got them all. Some had been relegated to the unmatched file. You can look on their terminals on the ship (just ask for help) in the "find my photos" and it will bring up all the ones that weren't matched to a stateroom based on the day and where they were taken. So if you know what you're missing, it's easier. Do this before the last night, because it gets hectic on the last night as people are reviewing their photos and making their final purchases.

That makes sense, I didn’t even think of that.

I can guarantee you they would never allow you to bring your own thumb drive. For security reasons, they would never allow a rogue drive to be plugged into their computers. Security issues abound. I can't even plug in a personal hard drive at my work!

I added the unlimited photo package to my reservation. BUT
I could only purchase the Day 2 8am package of Unlimited photos. Pretty sure that’s going to be a problem. They will not find it…It never registered as a purchase… etc.

My son just got off the Fantasy this morning. They forgot to look at their professional photos while on board. How do they access them now, do they have to purchase something at the same time?

My son just got off the Fantasy this morning. They forgot to look at their professional photos while on board. How do they access them now, do they have to purchase something at the same time?
They cannot access them now. It's too late.

I cannot download my photos, either! Anyone know how to do it? I see the pics in my gallery and I’m well within the 45-day window. Help!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter