• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Changes at mco and car rental

nelsonkg

Mouseketeer
Hi! I am flying on Jet Blue and have heard there are changes at MCO now transportation between terminals . I am renting a car I think - how do you get from JB gate to Alamo car rental . We are arriving at 9:30 pm wondering if I should just use Lyft to BCV instead? Do you think that would be easier ? Thanks so much

Hi! I am flying on Jet Blue and have heard there are changes at MCO now transportation between terminals . I am renting a car I think - how do you get from JB gate to Alamo car rental . We are arriving at 9:30 pm wondering if I should just use Lyft to BCV instead? Do you think that would be easier ? Thanks so much
From Terminal C, you would need to take either the APM (Automated People Mover) or a Shuttle Bus to Terminal B to pick up the rental car. You would return the rental car to Terminal C on the day you fly out.

1675947260529.png

Easier would be to take Lyft to BCV, how much are you going to need the car while there? If you're going to want the car anyway you probably would rather get it at MCO. The only option that has their cars at Terminal C right now is Sixt, good company but usually a little more expensive than some of the others.

I am renting a car I think - how do you get from JB gate to Alamo car rental .
Being local, I haven't done this but you could streamline the process a bit. Assuming there is more than one in your party, once you deplane in terminal C, have the driver take the people mover to the main terminal to get the car while the rest of them wait for luggage. Then the driver comes to terminal C to get everybody and head off to the parks.

We flew in via Jetblue in November to terminal C. Getting to the car rentals was super confusing. The signage was lacking and we got lost in the parking garage for a bit, lol! It took more than an hour to get our luggage as well. It was just a mess. Hopefully they've improved things by now! I like Jeff's idea if you have enough folks to divide and conquer! Dragging luggage while wandering aimlessly was not fun!

We have an upcoming trip and I'm thinking we'll just pack carry on instead but I wish someone would add pickups in terminal C soon!

Sixt has cars at C now. Others will be there eventually. There needs to be a critical mass of both renters and cars in order to make it work, I think there were a lot of cars taken on one way rentals with the SW debacle at the end of December that haven't been replaced yet. I'll put a guess that there will be more companies with cars at C in April. Just my guess.

We were disappointed with Term C last November, especially trying to coordinate our rental car pick up and drop off. The new terminal is beautiful but the entire process was a downgrade clustermuck.

Most important advice I think… avoid taking that bus! I regret not figuring out how/where to take the APM train. Unfortunately there was no signage or employees around at 7pm to help.

It’s a huge coach with ONE bus driver who gets out, unloads those passengers and ALL their luggage, then loads ALL the new luggage underneath, boards you and all the passengers, drives over to the other terminal and again, unloads ALL the luggage by themself. No joke it was over a ton of luggage each time. 50+ people going on the bus, most having a 35lb carryon or 50lb checked or BOTH. It was an hour process for 10 minute ride.

My guess is Term C is supposed to State of the Art and almost fully automated for efficiency. Maybe they’ll get there eventually. For now it‘s full of kinks, and has a very limited amount of staff by design.

We were very unhappy with Terminal C in December. We took the shuttle bus upon arrival and as others have said, the process is long. We were the first ones on the bus and had to wait 20-30 minutes for more passengers and the loading of luggage. On return we used the APM and it added just as much time. There is a lot of walking involved (Honestly, clocked 4000 steps on my fitbit just at the airport). I haven't heard that you can return cars at terminal C and in December we had to return it to B (Budget Rental). We are adults only who travel with only carry-ons so fortunately no hauling luggage, and we have TSA precheck so no wait for security but all of it ads time on which is worth considering. I couldn't imagine doing that schlep with luggage and littles.

So glad I asked ! It all sounds like a pain in the neck!! We are doing carryon only but even still … I think I will do Lyft . They are available at terminal C right?

So glad I asked ! It all sounds like a pain in the neck!! We are doing carryon only but even still … I think I will do Lyft . They are available at terminal C right?
Rideshare is available at C.

All 10 companies that have vehicles on site at MCO are accepting returns at C. The National Group (National, Enterprise, Alamo) is issuing rental car contracts at a desk in C. Sixt has cars at C.

All 10 companies that have vehicles on site at MCO are accepting returns at C. The National Group (National, Enterprise, Alamo) is issuing rental car contracts at a desk in C.
Glad to hear they are accepting returns at terminal C. When we were there in December they could issue the contract at C but you still had to go over the A/B to pick up the car.

All 10 companies that have vehicles on site at MCO are accepting returns at C. The National Group (National, Enterprise, Alamo) is issuing rental car contracts at a desk in C. Sixt has cars at C.
Thank you !!! This is great information. Sounds like all cars still need to be picked up at A/B except Sixt. I might Lyft to BCV and pick up my car next day at WDW Car Center knowing I can drop off at Terminal C on return flight is helpful

Although you can make car returns in Terminal C does anyone know when finally you can
pick up the car there?

Although you can make car returns in Terminal C does anyone know when finally you can
pick up the car there?
Currently, only Sixt has cars available for pickup. Nothing has been announced as to when the other agencies will start.

Is it possible to land in C and take an Uber over to A terminal garage to pick up your car. Does terminal C access the road that loops around the airport? My husband has mobility issues and may have trouble with a long walk?

Thanks

Is it possible to land in C and take an Uber over to A terminal garage to pick up your car. Does terminal C access the road that loops around the airport? My husband has mobility issues and may have trouble with a long walk?

Thanks
It's possible but I don't know how much walking it would save or how long it would take. I don't see many Uber drivers taking that fare since it is so incredibly short and then they have to go to the back of the line. If your husband has issues with a long walk, terminal C is probably not the right place for you to be without a mobility device. All of the reports are that it is a very long walk just to get to baggage claim, let alone out to rideshare. Your best bet may be to pay the extra and book a rental car with Sixt, they have cars at Terminal C now.

Thanks
Maybe yo could leave your husband with luggage at C and go pick up the car then pick him up at C? Or I have decided to Lyft to my hotel from C and pick up my car the next day at Disney’s Car Care Center

It's possible but I don't know how much walking it would save or how long it would take. I don't see many Uber drivers taking that fare since it is so incredibly short and then they have to go to the back of the line. If your husband has issues with a long walk, terminal C is probably not the right place for you to be without a mobility device. All of the reports are that it is a very long walk just to get to baggage claim, let alone out to rideshare. Your best bet may be to pay the extra and book a rental car with Sixt, they have cars at Terminal C now.
Thanks, jet Blue had the best time for our flight down .and we are using points. I'll need to look into Sixt. I have heard bad things about them.

Some feedback about flying into MCO on Jet Blue and Terminal C and renting a car.

We did this on March 21. The walk just to get to the Jet Blue luggage is very long. If you have any walking issues, ask for a wheelchair. There was a counter in that area for Hertz, Dollar, and Thrifty, but the rep said Dollar had to go to B garage. We took the bus. Never did see any signs for the moving sidewalk. The airport was busy so we only had to wait 10 minutes for the bus to fill up. I did not like that they took the luggage out of the bus before everyone got off the bus. We ended up going to A side to rent because I wanted to get the FL visitor toll pass which is only available on the A side. We did our Dollar rental through their loyalty program so we could go right to the garage. People waiting in their line in the terminal said it was over an hour wait. If using Dollar, join their loyalty plan so you can go right to the garage.

Some friends flew into Terminal C last week and were able to pick up their Alamo rental in the parking garage at Terminal C. They had used the Skip the Counter option so were able to go directly to the garage and pick out their car.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter