Changes to Disability Access Service - DAS Advance Video Chat + book 2 rides per day in advance & book return times in MDE - all available NOW!

Just my opinion; I don’t expect any changes to the DAS Advance Selections in terms of editing or altering.

I was only thinking they might allow you to at least pick your advance selections on the website because it takes quite awhile to pick them during the live Video Chat. Maybe modify or edit is a step too far - but it would be really nice if you could make your selections online instead the same way you could with FP+.

I assume it would also allow you to make additional selections if you have 2 trips within the 60 days before DAS expires.

So that would save me an additional 2 video chats.

Do we have to make advance selections? I have absolutely no idea when we’ll need to use it. I mean, I could guess what rides maybe in a couple of cases but we usually don’t use it for the most popular rides.

Do we have to make advance selections? I have absolutely no idea when we’ll need to use it. I mean, I could guess what rides maybe in a couple of cases but we usually don’t use it for the most popular rides.

No there is no need to do the advance selections. You don't even need to do the video chat - you could show up and get DAS added on your first day the way it always worked and then start getting return times.

The new DAS Advance and DAS Advance Selections are just 2 new options that you have in addition to the way DAS used to work.

The one thing you may want to use, which we still don't know officially when it will launch - but rumor is it may launch on 10/19/21 alongside Genie is the ability to select return times for rides from the MDE app rather than needing to walk to the ride and ask for a return time.

No there is no need to do the advance selections. You don't even need to do the video chat - you could show up and get DAS added on your first day the way it always worked and then start getting return times.

The new DAS Advance and DAS Advance Selections are just 2 new options that you have in addition to the way DAS used to work.

The one thing you may want to use, which we still don't know officially when it will launch - but rumor is it may launch on 10/19/21 alongside Genie is the ability to select return times for rides from the MDE app rather than needing to walk to the ride and ask for a return time.
I’ll appreciate not having to go to guest services on Day 1. That was always a bit of a struggle for us. The rest of it we’ll play by ear, I guess.

Need, no.

Important option, yes.

If I don't do in advance I am instantly at a disadvantage. We previously could book 3 FP+ in advance, coupled with our 1 DAS ... could be the difference between a successful day and a disaster day. Honestly not even sure why Disney is doing it this way - it is creating more anxiety and stress than there should be - especially since they are a complete failure in the "telephone customer service" area.

Need, no.

Important option, yes.

If I don't do in advance I am instantly at a disadvantage. We previously could book 3 FP+ in advance, coupled with our 1 DAS ... could be the difference between a successful day and a disaster day. Honestly not even sure why Disney is doing it this way - it is creating more anxiety and stress than there should be - especially since they are a complete failure in the "telephone customer service" area.

I was responding directly to CBMom01's question about whether you had to make advance selections or not.

To each his or her own though, what is important to you is obviously different to someone else :) The DAS Advance Selections were definitely important to me. Enough that I waited on hold for nearly 7 hours to talk to someone!

This is awesome, and the 2 advance picks are unexpected- this is nice of Disney to do, which they didn’t have to do.

Happy ending to a long day ... I started trying to chat at 8:49am. At 12:34pm only 3.5 hour wait, I talked to Fifi who had me fill out the form and then said they would transfer me to a video chat CM. Other people reported that the wait was around 30 minutes, but I waited until 4:04pm to talk to Azelea who said I was routed back to a non-video chat CM and I had to be put back into the queue to talk to a video chat CM. At 9:13pm - I was connected to Azelea again who couldn't do anything but put me back into the queue again to talk to a Video chat CM.

I finally talked to Morgan at 10:48pm who was able to help me, I didn't even need to do the video chat, I just chatted with her and she was able to make my DAS Advance Selections for the last 2 days of my trip.

So 14 hours, 15 minutes later I have the additional 2 days booked for my passes.

Not really sure if it was worth the wait, considering it would probably be shorter to have waited in the standby line for the 4 rides I got lol, but at least I'm all set for the trip now.

The DAS site is now updated saying you can now make DAS Return time selections in the MDE app, it no longer says that it is a new feature coming soon. So it did launch with the new MDE with Genie today! Anyone get a chance to try it out?

DAS Advance Selections still seem to require it to be done via Video Chat, there was some rumblings that they may be allowed for online selection with the new app too.

The DAS site is now updated saying you can now make DAS Return time selections in the MDE app, it no longer says that it is a new feature coming soon. So it did launch with the new MDE with Genie today! Anyone get a chance to try it out?

DAS Advance Selections still seem to require it to be done via Video Chat, there was some rumblings that they may be allowed for online selection with the new app too.
I saw 2 posts from people hoping that would happen, but nothing other than that to suggest it might happen. My GUESS is that it will remain part of the Video Chat process because it is using a ‘future times’ database, not a current wait time like the app.

It has been clearly stated from the get go that the only way to make DAS Advance selections will be through the video chat.

I saw 2 posts from people hoping that would happen, but nothing other than that to suggest it might happen. My GUESS is that it will remain part of the Video Chat process because it is using a ‘future times’ database, not a current wait time like the app.

A CM I talked to on the Disability phone number said she was pretty sure they would allow it on the app very soon for DAS Advanced Selections, but it is totally just a rumor. They are likely using the old Fastpass+ system to make the DAS Advanced Selections, so I imagine they could allow people to make the advanced selections online if they wanted to.

Not saying they will - just that they could if they wanted, it would certainly make the video chats go faster and prevent people who have repeat trips from needing to make multiple waits on hold to video chat with someone.

I definitely think the video chats are here to stay, but just thinking that after that they could allow the DAS Advanced Selections to occur online. Again - a CM on the Disabilities phone number said she was pretty sure (so certainly not a confirmation) that this would be happening "soon" is what she said - so I'm not just making it up - but it is definitely not confirmed or anything :)

Others have also been reporting if you already did the video chat and just need to make DAS Advanced Selections that some CMs are now allowing you to make the selections w/o needing to talk to a video chat CM. So video chat to get DAS is a pre-requisite but a video chat is not required to make the DAS Advanced Selections. Personally I did have to chat with a video chat CM, but did not have to do the video chat a second time.

Reports are coming in that people who had a prior DAS within the past 60 days, who would normally have expected it to still be active today, are finding that they must now re-register in-person in the parks to be able to use DAS today.

So where do you go in the app to make a DAS selection.
I pulled these responses from the disABILITIES Forum:
Once you get into the park a das button will show up in menu you get from pressing the button on the bottom left. From there you just pick your attraction and you go.
From Twitter. Special thanks to @amy_schinner for the tip: If you do not have the very latest version of iOS the DAS feature won’t work completely.
Saying IOS 15.

Yes. You need Updated iOS/OS and updated My Disney Experience app.

My iPhone and iPad both had updated iOS. On the iPhone, it was listed in the apps to update. The iPad should have updated automatically. It didn’t; I had to search for the app and then when I went to it, it gave me a button to update.

Do you think these long wait times to chat will go down in a month or so? I just don't see when I can plan a four hour block to have my DD with me ready to chat at a moment's notice.

Do you think these long wait times to chat will go down in a month or so? I just don't see when I can plan a four hour block to have my DD with me ready to chat at a moment's notice.
It’s likely the wait times for chat will go down soon.
It‘s been available for less than a week and they have been making tweaks all along.

For DAS advanced reservations, how far out can you book them? I’ve heard 30 days but if you are booked onsite for a week, do you have to wait until that whole week is within 30 days or 30 days from your check-in date?

For DAS advanced reservations, how far out can you book them? I’ve heard 30 days but if you are booked onsite for a week, do you have to wait until that whole week is within 30 days or 30 days from your check-in date?
From reports I have read so far, it appears that for now you will need to wait until all days of your trip are within 30 days so that they can make your preselections for you. Hopefully that will change in ths future to work like ADR's do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter