• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Changing a reservation made from an onboard booking

mjosburn

Earning My Ears
While we were on the Fantasy last week, we booked a Mediterranean cruise for next year. If I wanted to change to a lower category stateroom, how would the pricing work? Would the original reservation be cancelled & then a new reservation be made but without the 10% discount or would the category be changed while keeping the 10%? I hope this makes sense.

I understand that you have to modify a reservation, not cancel - if you say the word "cancel" that will cause a loss of the benefits of the onboard booking.

My TA has modified my cabin selection a few times. We are always booked with a placeholder and the changes have never interfered with the discount or OBC.

I just did this with my on board booking, but we had a placeholder originally. I booked a cruise and then changed my mind about what cruise I wanted and switched it to a different sailing. I mentioned on the phone (you have to do this on the phone not through the website) that the reservation was on board booking and they made sure to keep all my discounts when they transferred it over. I'm not sure if the price you'll pay for the new room would be the price available at the time or the time you booked though.

While we were on the Fantasy last week, we booked a Mediterranean cruise for next year. If I wanted to change to a lower category stateroom, how would the pricing work? Would the original reservation be cancelled & then a new reservation be made but without the 10% discount or would the category be changed while keeping the 10%? I hope this makes sense.
I have done this. Be sure to emphasize to your TA that you want to change, not cancel, the ressie, because you need to keep the 10% discount.

As long as you don't cancel, the only ways to lose the discount are to change to a blackout-date cruise or to a concierge category, neither of which will allow the 10% discount. In that case you wouldn't get the discount back even if you changed cruises back to something eligible, so just be sure you're not switching to a blackout-date cruise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter