• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Changing a reservation

DisneyWorldMimi

Mimi to a new Disney Lover
Today I called to change our up coming trip because we have had some unexpected expenses and the money that would have been used for the trip, went to these expenses. Our resort was paid for, it was just the extra for meals and shopping.

We had a room only reservation and decided to just change it to December, still a room only reservation. When I talked to the CM, she didn’t see a problem with changing the reservation. When she checked availability for the resort we wanted and the dates we wanted, she did not see any availability for that time period and resort.

While I was talking to her, I was checking on availability at the same time. I showed that there was availability for POFQ-Garden Room for the dates we wanted. She said she was looking at all resorts to see if there was any availability for the dates we wanted, but could not see anything.

I ended up just cancelling and booking myself. The problem I had with the whole situation was that we paid the original reservation with what was in our Disney Vacation Account. This was just over $1,000. Now we have to wait for the refund to come to us on a gift card since this account has been closed. Plus the fact that this CM told me there was no availability for the dates & the resort we wanted, but I was online and found that there was a room available. I actually told the CM this and she kept saying there was nothing available. Not at POFQ or POR or any resort. I could not believe that she could find nothing yet I found a room.

My DH was going to call back later today to talk to someone about this, but we got busy. He will call tomorrow about it and find out why she could see no rooms available.

Did you add the room to your cart while you were on the phone? I was once making a reservation online and half way through the reservation process everything just kind of locked up. I kept trying to go back but at certain point I just couldn't seem to continue with the reservation. I called and the CM told me that there were no rooms showing as available in the category that I was trying to book even though it was actually sitting in my cart. Sure enough when I just cancelled out and tried again there were no longer any rooms in the category. I think someone else must have been booking the last room in the category at the same time I was.

The other thing could be that if you used a special discount or special offer the CM might be specifically looking at rooms that are available using the same discount or special offer. This happened when we needed to change dates for a trip using an AP rate. For some reason I couldn't get the system to recognize our AP so we were just seeing the rack rates for the room we had booked. When we called the CM initially told us that there wasn't anything available for the new dates we needed even though I was seeing availability at the rack rate. When we clarified that we didn't care about the AP rate (because the rack rate was still less expensive than other options) she said she had that available.

People cancel rooms and book rooms constantly on the website so it isn't uncommon for rooms to appear and disappear depending on when you log in.

Today I called to change our up coming trip because we have had some unexpected expenses and the money that would have been used for the trip, went to these expenses. Our resort was paid for, it was just the extra for meals and shopping.

We had a room only reservation and decided to just change it to December, still a room only reservation. When I talked to the CM, she didn’t see a problem with changing the reservation. When she checked availability for the resort we wanted and the dates we wanted, she did not see any availability for that time period and resort.

While I was talking to her, I was checking on availability at the same time. I showed that there was availability for POFQ-Garden Room for the dates we wanted. She said she was looking at all resorts to see if there was any availability for the dates we wanted, but could not see anything.

I ended up just cancelling and booking myself. The problem I had with the whole situation was that we paid the original reservation with what was in our Disney Vacation Account. This was just over $1,000. Now we have to wait for the refund to come to us on a gift card since this account has been closed. Plus the fact that this CM told me there was no availability for the dates & the resort we wanted, but I was online and found that there was a room available. I actually told the CM this and she kept saying there was nothing available. Not at POFQ or POR or any resort. I could not believe that she could find nothing yet I found a room.

My DH was going to call back later today to talk to someone about this, but we got busy. He will call tomorrow about it and find out why she could see no rooms available.
What is the purpose of your husbands call? What do you expect the outcome to be? What are you looking to get?
I believe you were able to book you resort - right. I don’t understand.

What is the purpose of your husbands call? What do you expect the outcome to be? What are you looking to get?
I believe you were able to book you resort - right. I don’t understand.

I think that the OP concern is that the money is now tied up to a gift card that they have to wait for to arrive. She had unexpected expenses and hence the change in reservation. I think her husband is calling back to try to get that money tied in the gift card credited to the new reservation and hopefully get their money back.

At least this is the way I understand it.

I am pretty sure the CM was not trying to stiff you of a room. It is there job to help and make money for disney. Might have just been a computer issue. I do not see an issue worth calling about. Unless the CM was very rude. In the end what would you gain from complaining about a computer issue? mostly "We are very sorry for the trouble we will forward this to our tech department".

I think the problem is that you cancelled the original reservation and booked a new one. Is there a reason you didn't just modify online since you saw the availability you wanted?

OP, it's quite possible you got an inexperienced CM who didn't know what he or she was doing. I just called the other day to price out a room plus dining package (which you have to do by phone). I already knew ballpark of what the price should be as I had the room only price on my computer and calculated dining on my own. The CM was quite confused by the different dining plans and kept quoting with the DxDP and not DDP as I had asked. I was not confident that she was going to book what I had asked for, so I ended the call. If your CM couldn't see anything available anywhere for your dates, it's quite possible they did something wrong inputting the info on their end. In a scenario like this I've found it's best to end the call and call back in the hopes you'll get a more knowledgeable CM or ask to speak with a supervisor to see if they can assist.

If you cancelled and rebooked with a new deposit, I don't think there is much they can do to help with the gift card situation at this point. If you do call, ask to speak with a supervisor. A call center CM isn't going to be able to help with the gift card at this point.

Same thing happened to me recently, and I was also calling to change dates (my reservation said it couldn't be modified online for some reason). CM kept insisting there were no rooms available with an AP discount at the hotel I wanted for the dates I wanted. I opened a browser, found one right away, and booked it while I was still on the phone with her.

Same as you, the funds couldn't be directly applied to the new reservation...had to be "cancelled" and issued a refund through my CC company. The CM kinda tried to talk me out of it because she said I'd need to have enough room on my CC to cover the new reservation. I thanked her for her concern, but told her that wouldn't be a problem. She was trying to get me to book under the "Fun in the Sun" rate (I think) that she'd found for me instead of the AP rate, but I told her that I wasn't gonna *not* book a rate that was $700 cheaper. She said she doubted it would go through since she couldn't see that rate/hotel being available, but it went through just fine...received our confirmations and I can view our reservation on MDE. We leave for our trip on April 8. :)

So sorry this happened to you! I too was very frustrated and confused and kind of felt like they were trying to pressure me to book at the higher rate. Maybe it was my imagination, but that's definitely how it made me feel. I hope that there is some way they can refund your money faster!

Not sure if it is true or not, but one time I was trying to book a room on the phone while I had the website up. The CM couldn't see the same room available. She said that website rooms didn't always show in their system and if I saw something online to book it to secure the reservation.

I think the problem is that you cancelled the original reservation and booked a new one. Is there a reason you didn't just modify online since you saw the availability you wanted?
I could not modify online. If I could have done that, I would have done so.

The Pop Century Room was booked under a special rate, BUT that rate was not available during December, so that should not have been an issue.

I think that the OP concern is that the money is now tied up to a gift card that they have to wait for to arrive. She had unexpected expenses and hence the change in reservation. I think her husband is calling back to try to get that money tied in the gift card credited to the new reservation and hopefully get their money back.

At least this is the way I understand it.

This is it exactly.

We had to replace to main outside breakers that had basically rotted out. We still have a few more to replace, but will be able to do it a couple at a time. The ones we replaced controlled about half the house. We have yet to figure out exactly how the idiots who wired this house did it. (We are not the original owners). There are too many things on a couple breakers and only a couple things on another couple breakers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter