Changing guide question?

ErinC

DIS Veteran
My husband and I are getting ready to make a DVC purchase. We took the tour at Boardwalk in 1998 while visiting the world. Our guide was okay, but wasn't thrilled when we said we would think about it. I have read these boards for quite a while now and feel like I have a pretty good grasp of the rules of DVC and the choices we have to make. I called a few years ago when the video came out to request some updated information about DVC. I didn't know that they would automatically put you in touch with your original guide. After talking to this guide a second time he again just rubbed me the wrong way. We have known we would make this purchase when we were financially ready. Last week we decided we were about ready, so I called to get some info about VWL. Well they put me in touch with this same guide who then preceded to give me this speech about how the points from 98 were gone, 99 were gone, 2000 were gone, hopefully we could work something out THIS time. I really was not thrilled to be having this converstion with him. I would have loved to have purchased in 98, but it was not the right time for us to do so. I plan on calling tomorrow morning and requesting a new guide. Will they question me at all about why. I just hate confrontation, even over the phone, but if I'm going to spend this kind of money I want it to be a pleasurable experience. Any suggestions on how to handle this would be appreciated. I feel bad requesting the change.

Don't feel bad about requesting a new guide. I had bought my original points through one guide but he never returned my calls so I requested to be changed. I just called the 1-800 number and asked to speak to a supervisor explaining to her my problem. I had a new guide by the time we hung up on the phone!! I love dealing with my new guide and have made some additional purchases at the VWL through him. Good Luck!!

DVC Eeyore

hi: just call and change guides. we were lucky and have a great guide who took us through 2 sales so far.

We switched guides when we finally bought. The guide we had last year seemed OK, and we were all set to buy, but when I got home I found out that we had to make our purchase at WDW to be eligible for the MB program. I was very disappointed because we could easily have done the paperwork while we were there. It just seemed to me that if I walked away from our meeting without a clear understanding of this, then I started to distrust other things and didn't feel comfortable with the guide. At a minimum, I felt this should have been written down so I could refer back to it.
I called up in May and just told the person on the phone that I wanted a new guide, and we were given one. He was very helpful and we completed the transaction over the phone within in the next few days. He told me that he'd be sharing this sale with our former guide and I told him that wasn't what I wanted---- that I'd requested a totally new guide. He told me a Supervisor might be calling to verify this, but I never heard from anyone. There certainly weren't any confrontations or anything difficult about this.

thanks for your reply's. I called this morning and requested a new guide. I spoke to a sales manager first, who asked me what my problem was with my original guide. I explained that maybe it was just a personality conflict but I just didn't feel I could communicate with this guide. I didn't want to go into too much detail, because, again, I don't like conflict. I'm a big chicken I guess. Anyway, I was assigned to Nick T. He was so nice and spent a good deal of time with me today over the phone getting all our paper work started. I just hope my old guide doesn't get back from vacation next week and call me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter