Changing Magic Express information?

maryj11

DIS Veteran
I only need ME transportation from the airport to my resort. It says round trip. I tried to change it, but it says to call and won’t let me change it online. I called to change it but the wait is 90 minutes. Is there any way to change this without waiting on the phone forever.

I've booked DME frequently round trip, but only used it on my arrival day. I normally book round trip just in case I want to use it on the way to the airport, but I normally opt for Uber or Lyft. No one will force you on the bus, and you wont be penalized if you don't get on the return bus. So I wouldn't sweat it with updating your DME reservation.

I've booked DME frequently round trip, but only used it on my arrival day. I normally book round trip just in case I want to use it on the way to the airport, but I normally opt for Uber or Lyft. No one will force you on the bus, and you wont be penalized if you don't get on the return bus. So I wouldn't sweat it with updating your DME reservation.
Ok good to know.

I disagree. What if the bus is only supposed to pick up you and no other parties at a given hotel? That’s a waste of time for them to drive there and think that they’ve missed you. The polite thing to do would be to cancel. You can call the DME number above or take care of this at the front desk of your hotel.

I would just leave your reservation the way it is then let them know you won’t need the return trip after you arrive, either at the desk checkin or call down at your convenience.

Don’t sweat it. They don’t schedule ahead with precision, just a general idea and they adjust on the fly. Dealing with air travel, there’s a lot of flexibility built into operations.

iirc, they also usually need to confirm the return trip during your stay. You could let them know at that point too.

I disagree. What if the bus is only supposed to pick up you and no other parties at a given hotel? That’s a waste of time for them to drive there and think that they’ve missed you. The polite thing to do would be to cancel. You can call the DME number above or take care of this at the front desk of your hotel.
True that wouldn’t be a good idea if we were the only ones being picked up or they were waiting to see if we were coming.

I noticed the same thing. So I also set it up for R/T, but only need the arrival. I plan on continuing to try and call Disney between now and then, but not waiting on hold forever.
And if I'm unable to change it, I'll just tell the front desk about it upon check in. No worries!

I would just tell the front desk when you arrive at Disney and they can easily modify it. That is the fastest way and likely there are several days between your arrival and departure. Having the correct information helps them schedule buses more efficiently.

Calling Disney for anything to do with DME is an exercise in futility. Hold times will be long and the CM can't do anything other than fill out a form. They do not have direct access to the DME system. Not to mention that any answers to your questions will most likely be incorrect, as Disney CMs rarely understand how DME actually operates.

Calling DME directly at 866 599-0951 is, and always has been, the best way to set up our change DME - particularly if you have anything outside the standard vanilla trip going on.

Steve

Don't waste time calling but Please cancel the return trip, you can easily do this while your checking in at the airport for the trip to the resort.

Twice now we have been on a bus that made a trip to a resort to pick up a party that didn't show! Take two minutes and tell the CM you are only using the service one way please :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter