Changing Park Tickets Question

kappyfamily

MEESKA MOOSKA!
I have a 1 day 1 park ticket with a park reservation made (not in a room package). Am I able online or on the app to upgrade that to a 2 day 1 park per day or do I need to call in to add an extra day?

thank you!

I have a 1 day 1 park ticket with a park reservation made (not in a room package). Am I able online or on the app to upgrade that to a 2 day 1 park per day or do I need to call in to add an extra day?

thank you!
Bad news. Neither. Currently the only way to upgrade a ticket is to go in person to a ticket booth. There have been instances reported of getting phone help with this situation, but upgrading is still not an option. Some customers have been able to buy a new ticket with the phone rep and once the phone rep confirms that the new ticket purchase has successfully gone through they will refund the original ticket and I guess it can take 6-8 weeks for that credit to show up. I have not personally done this; I have just read of others on the the internet who say this is what happened for them. I have also read accounts where people were told simply to buy the new ticket they want and keep the original ticket for a future visit with no refund offered.

I had a three day for our last tip a few weeks ago. No hotel attached. Called to ask if I could add a day, they refunded the three day ticket so I could purchase a four day. Kinda critical if you want to make sure to get a reservation in advance. They should allow you to do this if they are forcing people to make reservations.

longtimedisneylurker, I do not think that is correct. If you have a ticket that shows up in MDE, you should be able to change it to whatever ticket you want, and the system will apply the value of the existing ticket to the transaction... unless I misread the question, I'm sure about this, I've done it myself recently.

Disney will ALWAYS take more money, and bend over backwards to make that happen. I’d call. They can do it.

longtimedisneylurker, I do not think that is correct. If you have a ticket that shows up in MDE, you should be able to change it to whatever ticket you want, and the system will apply the value of the existing ticket to the transaction... unless I misread the question, I'm sure about this, I've done it myself recently.
It doesn’t work like that for DLR. Their ticketing system and policies are very inflexible.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter