Changing planes at YVR?

Gigi22

DIS Veteran
We are going to change planes from a domestic to an international (non-US) flight at YVR. Staying with the same airline for both flights. I believe our luggage will be checked through to our final destination. About how long should the process take? Do we have to go through Security again?

Pre-COVID, I always thought that connecting through YVR would take way longer than it ever did. I can't speak to recently, but it's usually pretty smooth and they shuttle you through the back areas and you shouldn't have to clear security again. By far my favourite airport to connect through.

Here's a link to the YVR website that has connecting info that may help as well: https://www.yvr.ca/en/passengers/navigate-yvr/passenger-guides

We are going to change planes from a domestic to an international (non-US) flight at YVR. Staying with the same airline for both flights. I believe our luggage will be checked through to our final destination. About how long should the process take? Do we have to go through Security again?
You won't go through security again but you will have to go through US Customs in YVR. They verify your checked bags go through with you (via a screen to show you your luggage) then you move through to customs. WestJet seems to land at opposite ends of the airport from the domestic flights to the international ones but we generally find the longest part of the process is the walk. (I think I did over 10k steps on our last travel day out to Disneyland through YVR mostly from that walk I swear!)

You won't go through security again but you will have to go through US Customs in YVR. They verify your checked bags go through with you (via a screen to show you your luggage) then you move through to customs. WestJet seems to land at opposite ends of the airport from the domestic flights to the international ones but we generally find the longest part of the process is the walk. (I think I did over 10k steps on our last travel day out to Disneyland through YVR mostly from that walk I swear!)

The OP said that they are not flying to the US, so there is no customs/immigration to go through.

You’re right my brain saw “international” and jumped right over the “non” before “US”. That’s what happens at the end of a 12 hour shift I guess.

I work at YVR and previous post is correct, you won't have to go through security again, IF you don't leave the secure area (as some people do). Just follow the signs for your gate, which will be a D gate. Takes me maybe 10 minutes to walk from A/B to D.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter