Changing resorts - bad info from phone CM???

JeninTexas

DIS Veteran
I know that phone CMs are known for occasionally giving wrong advice, but I am starting to question my knowledge after a phone call I just finished. Story is this: we were able to add a day at the beginning of our stay. However we have to stay in a different resort for the first night. We are leaving Friday. CM made me a room only reservation at Pop and I linked it in MDE. She then told me that when I checked out of Pop I would need to get my luggage and take a taxi to my second resort, the Poly. She said no way would Disney transfer the luggage for me, What???? I thought all you had to do was tell bell services you were switching resorts and they would transfer it. Is that right?

Also, she told me not to put the yellow tags on my luggage but instead to just check it at my home airport and then tell ME at the Orlando airport what it looks like and they will find it and deliver it to Pop. I am nervous to follow this advice because it seems like a lot could go wrong. However, it makes sense not to put the yellow tags on because they are for the Poly. Help! Who do I believe?

Last edited:
I've had Disney transfer my luggage from one resort to another. That is something they do and not something you need to do...
Also, I wouldn't put the yellow tags on your luggage but I wouldn't trust ME CMs to grab your luggage for you. If I were you I would grab your own luggage before boarding ME.

Thanks! I suggested to the CM that I should just get my own luggage. She insisted that I shouldn't and to let ME take care of it. She also told me that if I purchase refillable mugs at Pop that I can't use them at any other resort. Uggh...

I think the cast member is right on the refillable mugs, because they are supposed to be used for the length of your stay/reservation, and you have two separate reservations. One for the one day at Pop and another for your stay at Poly. I would hold off and buy the refillable mugs after you check in at the Poly! Maybe someone else has more information on the refillable mugs?

We've done this before, and it was pretty seamless. First, I would contact Disney's Magical Express and update your reservation with them, so they can send you updated tags. If in the event that you do not get your tags for Pop before you go, you can give your luggage tags to the folks at the DME desk and they will track your luggage and have it delivered. However, if you land in Orlando after 10 PM, you'll have to pick up your bags no matter what.

As for transfers to the Poly, you can leave your bags with Bell Services at Pop and tell them you're transferring to the Poly. They'll deliver your bags, but usually not until after 3:00 PM. In the meantime, you can enjoy your day at the parks...

I think the cast member is right on the refillable mugs, because they are supposed to be used for the length of your stay/reservation, and you have two separate reservations. One for the one day at Pop and another for your stay at Poly. I would hold off and buy the refillable mugs after you check in at the Poly! Maybe someone else has more information on the refillable mugs?

Refillable mugs are good at any resort! If you have the Dining Plan, the mugs come with it. If you don't have the dining plan, you can buy however many days you want, 1, 2, 3, or length of stay, which is 4 days or more. We were able to use them at the resort we bought them at, and also the second resort of our split stay. I think the max length is 14 days. Hope this helps. Feel free to use it at all the resorts!

Last edited:
Refillable mugs are good at any resort! If you have the Dining Plan, the mugs come with it. If you don't have the dining plan, you can buy however many days you want, 1, 2, 3, or length of stay, which is 4 days or more. We were able to use them at the resort we bought them at, and also the second resort of our split stay. I think the max length is 10 days. Hope this helps. Feel free to use it at all the resorts!
This is true. We have done the same on the mugs.

I recall seeing a "refills until" date with the refillable mugs. I'm not sure if it was 10 or 14 days from our check in date. We only had a four day stay.

I recall seeing a "refills until" date with the refillable mugs. I'm not sure if it was 10 or 14 days from our check in date. We only had a four day stay.
We had the same thing last year. We bought the mugs for our 6 night stay .I think it was 14 days that the soda machine showed we had. We used them at POFQ , POR and GF.

If the mugs are part of your dining plan, and that does not begin until you are at the Poly on your second day, then the mugs probably wouldn't be activated until the dining plan begins. If it begins on your first day at Pop, then the mugs will be good for the length of your dining plan or stay up to 14 days, I believe. Or if you are purchasing the mugs separately (no dining plan) then my understanding is that they are good in any resort or refill stand.

If you don't get luggage tags with your first confirmation number on it, whatever it is, just give the CM at ME your claim checks. They will retrieve the bags for you and deliver them to you. Unless you just want to get your bags. You can of course. But it isn't your only option. And you for sure don't just describe them to the CM at the ME counter. That's a dumb advice as their telling you they won't transfer luggage.

@bumbershoot, that is exactly what I felt like! Like I was in an alternate universe. Thank you to everyone for your help. I know now that my mugs will be good at the Poly as well as Pop, that Pop bell service can transfer my luggage, and that ME can identify my luggage by my claim checks - or I may just get it myself to save one more thing from possibly going wrong!

The latest issue with this last minute change is that the Internet Help Desk says that they can't help me book FastPasses for my first day. They say I will have to have guest relations at Pop do it because my tickets (I added a day) are tied to my Poly reservation. Just one more little hassle!

@bumbershoot, that is exactly what I felt like! Like I was in an alternate universe. Thank you to everyone for your help. I know now that my mugs will be good at the Poly as well as Pop, that Pop bell service can transfer my luggage, and that ME can identify my luggage by my claim checks - or I may just get it myself to save one more thing from possibly going wrong!

The latest issue with this last minute change is that the Internet Help Desk says that they can't help me book FastPasses for my first day. They say I will have to have guest relations at Pop do it because my tickets (I added a day) are tied to my Poly reservation. Just one more little hassle!

Are you sure you're actually calling Disney??? This info is also incorrect. Tickets are linked to you, not a reservation. Having the reservation simply allows you to make the FP reservations 60 days out. Otherwise it's 30 days if you do not have a room reservation and it sounds like you are possibly in that window. You should be able to go online and make the extra day of FPs if you have a day on your tickets that you haven't set up FPs. If you are further than 30 days out then go to MDE and make certain your new reservation is linked to your profile. Once that is done you can make the FP.

The problem with making the FastPasses is that my additional day is at the beginning of my trip. I could easily make FP reservations for days at the end of my trip, but the Internet Help Desk told me that my park ticket is linked to my second reservation and so FPs won't open up until 60 days before I check in for that reservation. (However, because I am checking in on Friday, I am well within my window). He said that this is a common problem, and that he addresses it dozens of times per day. He said that guest relations at the hotel could unlink the ticket and make FP reservations for me that day. However, I'm sure all the good stuff will be gone day of.

If this is such a common problem, you would think Disney would be able to fix it! Annoying!

When you think you have bad information call each resort. If you are from outside the U.S. email them. Go to the source and always get a name. Thats why you take the survey at the end of the phone call. Most CMs are good and work hard to do the job right. But you can find one that is not a happy camper that will give you bad information or will give you what they think is right even when it is not.

When you think you have bad information call each resort. If you are from outside the U.S. email them. Go to the source and always get a name. Thats why you take the survey at the end of the phone call. Most CMs are good and work hard to do the job right. But you can find one that is not a happy camper that will give you bad information or will give you what they think is right even when it is not.
You can't call each resort. You call a call center. No matter what the phone number says. It's not answered by someone standing at the resort.

I think if you have a package the start date of the tickets is set to the package start date. So, if you want to pickup tickets early, you cannot make FP reservations ahead of time. It is one of the setbacks of doing a package that does not start on the day you arrive.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter