Changing seat after booking on Spirit

APiratesLifeForMe2

DIS Veteran
I have decided to go to Disney on my birthday next month. I get travel anxiety so I will be picking my seat ahead of time. I really want to splurge for the big front seat (currently $88 one way) but they are a bit more than I wanted to spend and I’m hoping it would maybe come down a bit more in price. If I pay for a $38 seat for example, then decide I later want to change to the big front seat, do I pay the difference, or do I pay another $88? I cannot seem to find this info online anywhere so hoping someone here knows.

Have you tried calling the airline? Nobody here will know more!
What an odd reply. This forum has always been helpful and I thought there was a chance other vacationers may have used Spirit since they fly to MCO and had experience with this scenario.

What an odd reply. This forum has always been helpful and I thought there was a chance other vacationers may have used Spirit since they fly to MCO and had experience with this scenario.
Not every, valid and reasonable, question is answered. Many, most?, pax on ULC airlines save $$$ by not paying for assigned seats.

Posting your question on a site like flyertalk might answer your question. I think
Spirit lets you "bid" on premium seats.

Please post a follow-up if you get an answer.

Not every, valid and reasonable, question is answered. Many, most?, pax on ULC airlines save $$$ by not paying for assigned seats.

Posting your question on a site like flyertalk might answer your question. I think
Spirit lets you "bid" on premium seats.

Please post a follow-up if you get an answer.
Yes I’m aware not every question is answered but replying to a question saying no one here would know is not helpful.

Pretty sure the lack of activity in many of these forums is proof that this community is not what it used to be.

I have decided to go to Disney on my birthday next month. I get travel anxiety so I will be picking my seat ahead of time. I really want to splurge for the big front seat (currently $88 one way) but they are a bit more than I wanted to spend and I’m hoping it would maybe come down a bit more in price. If I pay for a $38 seat for example, then decide I later want to change to the big front seat, do I pay the difference, or do I pay another $88? I cannot seem to find this info online anywhere so hoping someone here knows.

I actually think if you go online and see the price displayed...that's the price you will pay (you don't subtract what you already paid for the seat). I think it's unlikely the prices will go down, however...

If you are a Spirit member, you may get an email link to bid on a new seat. I've done this several times and have had a lot of success, even bidding at the lowest value. I will say that I'm not sure how to access bidding unless you get the link...I've never been able to successfully find it from the website or app on my own.

You bid on either exit row or big front seat or both...you will only get charged for what you win, and it won't be both. You may not find out until a few hours before departure though, so don't despair if you don't see anything. I say this because one time I bid, didn't see that I won, then ended up paying for a seat and later find out I won the bid seat as well...but I got charged for both.

Another trick to remember is that Spirit will always assign you a seat for free. There is no reason to rush to check in EARLY, as you can constantly stalk the Spirit site to see what rows and seats are still available before checking in if you would prefer to be near the front or middle. If we are a group of 2 or 3, we stalk the site until we see a reasonable row that has 2 or 3 seats together, close to where we want to be, before checking in. Spirit assigns seats starting from the back it seems, so if the last row available is the minimum area you want to be in on the plane, you can always wait to check in when that row is available.

Best of luck to you! We are frequent Spirit travelers.

Last time I tried this, it was somewhere in the middle. I initially booked emergency exit row, later upgraded to big front for less than the initial cost of big front, but more than the price if I had initially booked it. But Spirit dynamically prices these things, so your mileage may vary.

Last time I tried this, it was somewhere in the middle. I initially booked emergency exit row, later upgraded to big front for less than the initial cost of big front, but more than the price if I had initially booked it. But Spirit dynamically prices these things, so your mileage may vary.
Thank you! I’ve done it before too but oddly I have no recollection of what the price difference was.

I actually think if you go online and see the price displayed...that's the price you will pay (you don't subtract what you already paid for the seat). I think it's unlikely the prices will go down, however...

If you are a Spirit member, you may get an email link to bid on a new seat. I've done this several times and have had a lot of success, even bidding at the lowest value. I will say that I'm not sure how to access bidding unless you get the link...I've never been able to successfully find it from the website or app on my own.

You bid on either exit row or big front seat or both...you will only get charged for what you win, and it won't be both. You may not find out until a few hours before departure though, so don't despair if you don't see anything. I say this because one time I bid, didn't see that I won, then ended up paying for a seat and later find out I won the bid seat as well...but I got charged for both.

Another trick to remember is that Spirit will always assign you a seat for free. There is no reason to rush to check in EARLY, as you can constantly stalk the Spirit site to see what rows and seats are still available before checking in if you would prefer to be near the front or middle. If we are a group of 2 or 3, we stalk the site until we see a reasonable row that has 2 or 3 seats together, close to where we want to be, before checking in. Spirit assigns seats starting from the back it seems, so if the last row available is the minimum area you want to be in on the plane, you can always wait to check in when that row is available.

Best of luck to you! We are frequent Spirit travelers.
I’ve only flown spirit once before. I like to pick my seat since I’m particular on where I sit so I would definitely pick my seat no matter what.

For the online price I know I wouldn’t subtract what I’ve already paid, I just wonder if spirit does that. I think I’m going to just go ahead and pay the price it is now for the big front seat, or choose no seat and wait another week or two and see if they come down. I don’t want to wait to bid on one because I don’t want to risk loosing it.

Thanks for the info!

An update for anyone viewing this later: I booked the flights with the big front seats because I didn’t want to take a gamble. The big front seats have increased since I purchased. If I go in to modify seats now, I can move to a different big front seat for $11, which is the difference between the price I paid for the seat and what it is now. I would safely assume had I paid for a seat further back for $38, I could have later upgraded to a big front seat paying only the difference between the 2 seats, not the full seat cost.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter