Changing the booking window?

SL6827

DIS Veteran
So what was Disney's reasoning with changing to booking window with room only to 499 or something? Doea this make a huge difference? Does it save Disney money?

I'm just wondering if it is to push people toward packages and not just room only... If I read it right, if there are packages offered, they can make a reservation earlier as part of that package, is that right?

ETA: Not earlier, I see, but at the same time, so I think that is why they changed it; to put packages on even timing with room-only. I think they like the package rules better than the room only rules... hence trying to make packages more competitive with putting them on the same timeline as room-only.

Last edited:
No the Room only bookings have been 499 days for decades. Packages tend to by a rolling portion of the next year much shorter than 499 days.

Why do you ask?

Dave

It's been 499 days for as long as I can remember.
Your deposit has always been the peak rate for the following year, then your balance gets adjusted when rates are released for your specific dates. So, no, it doesn't mean anything for Disney money-wise.

Just how do you see this as something that saves them money?
In this case, that doesn't even track, their taking in money months before a guest travels isn't saving them anything
Not to mention, there is no change to anything
So really not sure what this is even about

I never book that far in advance, but for those that do, the way I understand the announcement is the 499 day is definitely changed.

“Beginning Aug 19,2022, room only reservations can only be booked as far out as annual product release dates. As a result, you will no longer be able to book room-only reservations beyond released annual product dates”

So it seems they will release future dates in batches, and move away from a rolling 499 day window. (?)

I wonder if this is to help with call center traffic. room only reservations that go beyond the package availability windows have to be called in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter