Chantelle's Planning Journal-YCG/CG/Morrocco DP-AND WE'RE OFF!!!!!!!!

Chantelle

Mouseketeer
I have really enjoyed reading (and stealing) everyone elses ideas, so I thought I would start my own planning journal to share some of my own.

My fiance and I live in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. I work as a Graphic Designer for a large homebuilder and he works as an accountant. We will have been together 5 years by the time we get married and engaged for 2.

My proposal didn't end up being that exciting, but it wasn't from a lack of effort on his part. He proposed on my birthday (September 5) and had planned for a hot air balloon ride complete with champagne toast. He was going to propose while we were up in the sky. Unfortunatly our weather up here is very unpredictable and the balloon ride was cancelled.

We went out for dinner for my birthday and he was totally bummed out so I just assumed he had a bad day and was tired. Finally, partway into the meal he goes "I have to make a confession" and I was a little worried. He then pulled a piece of paper out of his pocket and showed me the certificate for the balloon ride. "This is what we were supposed to do tonight" he said. I thought nothing more of it, thinking that it was my birthday gift. Then he went to reach into his pocket again and pulled out the ring box. I was quite shocked because he had just moved in with me and switched jobs. We had been ring shopping, but he gave me a big sob story about how he had no money for a ring right now.

The engagement wasn't as planned, but I was still very happy because he remembered the ring I had chosen and managed to keep it a surprise. (I will take a picture of the engagment ring and wedding ring for my next post.)

I first brought up the idea of a Disney wedding before we were engaged and I was shocked to find out that my fiance liked the idea and was willing to go along with it. We have chosen to go with an intimate wedding and it will be at the Yacht Club Gazebo on July 17, 2007 at 10am. We then have a lunch reception planned at California Grill and will be having a dessert reception that evening at Morocco. We will also be doing the MK photoshoot that morning.

Okay...onto some pictures

My Dresses

I bought a dress last summer. It was a nice white prom dress from a department store with pink and purple flowers embroidered down the front. It was what I thought I wanted, until I saw this dress. I fell in love with this dress because of the colors and because it was different from all the others I looked at. It also happened to be on sale at the time so after asking my fiance if I could buy another dress I went for it. His only response was "I knew you'd change your mind." Apparently he knows me better then I know myself.

MyDress.jpg

MyDressBack.jpg

MyDressDetail.jpg

My fiance went to Germany and Austria last summer with his dad so that is part of the reason our engagment has been so long. I asked him to find me an Austrian Crystal tiara for the wedding and this is what he brought back from the huge Swarovski store in Austria.

TIara.jpg

Since I won't be able to wear my wedding gown to our dessert reception, it gave me an excuse to buy another dress. This is what I have chosen to wear for our dessert reception and for the recption we will be having back home.

DSCN0990.jpg

And finally, here is what I have chosen for my bridesmaid dresses. My two sisters will be my bridesmaids. The dress will be celadon/sage green with a champagne colored sash to match my dress. I have photoshopped the website picture to get a better idea of color.

BridesmaidDresscopy.jpg

Your dress is very pretty.I love the after party dress too.

My bridemaids are wearing celadon also with a pink sash in the middle.

Today was a very good day for mail. Not only did we get our possession notice for our brand new house (April 20), but I also got a reply from the wedding invitation I sent to Mickey and Minnie.

Here is a picture of my invitations:

Invitation2.jpg

And here is the signed photo and Cinderella button sent to me by Mickey and Minnie:

MickeyPicture.jpg

DSCN1026.jpg

I guess the theme for my wedding has ended up being Mickey Mouse, but Ifor the sake of my fiance I am trying my best to keep it to not overdo the Mickey's. I really liked the mickey purse available through Disney floral, so I found my own purses and sewed on a hidden mickey with glass pearls I bought at walmart. I made one for each of my bridesmaids and myself and the color will match everyone's dresses.

Purse.jpg

I also found my garter shortly after and gave it the same Mickey treatment.

Garter.jpg

I am using pearls because both my dress and tiara have pearls on them. When my sisters and I each graduated we were given a set of pearls consisting of a necklace, bracelet and earrings from our Grandma. We will all be wearing these on my wedding day as a way to remember our Grandma. They are simple so I think it will work well with all the detail in my dress and tiara.

Our Rings

As promised, I have also photographed my engagement ring, wedding ring and my fiances ring.

My engagement ring:

EngagementRing.jpg

With my wedding ring:

WeddingRing.jpg

My Fiances ring:

HisRing.jpg

That's all I have for now. Hopefully I will have time to work on more between packing for our upcoming move.

I love your invitations!! Where did you get them, I have never seen them before....Love everything you have so far!

Your dress is sooo pretty!! And I love the invitations! Did you make them yourself or get them from somewhere?

OMG! Your dress is gorgeous!!!

I love the pic of Minnie and Mickey you received too!

Everything looks very beautiful!

Thank you for all your compliments. I designed and made the invitations myself. They ended up being quite a bit of work with all the different types of paper I had layered, but I was really happy with the way they turned out. Luckily I only had to make about 20.

Right now I am working on invitations for our at home reception, but they will be much simpler because I will need over 100 of them.

I was also looking on the internet today and came across these postcards. I thought they would be totally cute to use for Save the Date cards. Too bad I have already done mine, but I thought someone else could use the idea.

SavetheDate.jpg

I love the texture on your wedding dress. Very beautiful. I might have to do the same to my garters as well. I'll be subscribing to your planning journal as we are having a smaller DFTW with a much larger at home reception afterwards. Glad to see someone else recognizes an at home reception as another reason for another dress :) . Thank you for sharing your ideas!

Best wishes! :wizard:

Jenny

I just heard back from Rosie and I think my flowers are all decided on. I had originally ordered the tussy mussy with pink and purple flowers to match my first dress but since I have changed my dress I have had to change the whole floral order.

I am still going with the tussy mussy, because I like the look of it and the pearls used in the stephanotis. However, I am eliminating the freesia and using cream colored roses and two red roses.

I have chosen to incorporate red roses into my flowers as a way to remember my dad. I really didn't know what to do in my dads honour until my sister brought up the idea of the roses. When each of us were born, my dad bought my mom red roses. He bought a dozen for my older sister, two dozen for me, three dozen for my younger sister and four dozen when my little brother was born.

My sisters are my two bridesmaids and they will each be carrying a rose wand. My older sister and Maid of Honour will have a 4 rose wand with one red rose and three cream colored roses. My younger sister will have the three rose wand done all in red roses. The ribbons will be a cream/champagne color to match the ribbon on their dresses. My brother will be wearing a boutonierre with 4 spray red roses.

My fiance and the groomsman will all have cream colored roses.

Here is a photoshopped example to give you an idea of the bouquet:

TussyMussy.jpg

I am really happy because I think this will be a subtle but significant way to remember my dad and incorporate him into our wedding. I didn't really like the idea of a memorial candle or flower on a chair, so I think this works well.

The original idea came from my sister's suggestion that we all get rose tatoos with the appropriate number of roses, but we will have to see if that happens.

Hmmm....that bouquet seems familiar to me ;) Excellent choices all around :thumbsup2 Everything looks great.

If it is your picture I stole, thank you very much.

Yeah that's me. I'm glad it helped. The little icon of the tussy mussy on the DFTW website didn't help me visualize the flowers at all. So I just crossed my fingers and went with my gut. I wanted it for the pearl stephanoitis too. They'll put a hidden mickey in as well....they did for me, and there were hidden mickeys in all the stephanotis bouts too. I think what you have planned is beautiful. So nice that you can symbolically honour your dad.

Wow! Those invitations are SO great! And I love the way you've sewn the hidden mickey's on everything!!! Makes me wish I could sew!!!
Everything looks beautiful and I think you're "borrowed" pic of ForKeep's bouquet has helped me decide on the tussy mussy for sure! :thumbsup2

I haven't posted in quite some time because we are busy packing and getting ready to move into our brand new house. Here's a picture of the main floor of our new house. Only 11 more days until we can stop visiting it and actually get to live in it!

DSCN1077.jpg

I love this updo and hope Anna from Makeover Majic can do something similar for me. I also have bought a veil only to find out my fiance hates them so we have compromised and I will wear it only during the ceremony. He says they look like a misquito net on your head and doesn't understand the purpose. I told him I need it to help me look like a bride. I have agreed to leave it off for the MK photo shoot in the morning and then I can wear it for the photos with Randy. (Yes, I have caved into the Randy reviews and decided to book him like many other brides on here)

Updo.jpg

I also found a better picture of my dessert party/home reception dress.

receptiondress.jpg

Other then that, I am busy trying to design a newsletter for our wedding guests and come up with another invitation for our home reception. I will post these once completed but things are pretty busy with the move.

Chantelle
I love your journal and your dress is beautiful... and I LOVE the invitations:love:

So instead of packing up my massive pile of clothing and getting ready for the big move, I have been working on my centerpieces. I liked the idea of the mickey head arrangement, but I am not a big fan of topiaries. My fiance suggested we put them in some sort of glass vase, so this is what I have come up with.

Centerpieces.jpg

Please excuse my fiance in the photo. I haven't glued mickey's ears on yet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter