Chapek out - Iger back

I know. Friend just texted me with WDWNT link and I was like consider the source. Then I looked. WOW is an understatement.

Unfortunately we need most the Board gone as well AND since there have been so many questionable financial decisions I'd like to see Christine McCarthy CFO follow him.
I read through this ... I guess they pushed him out, no way he went on his own. https://www.cnbc.com/2022/11/21/bob-iger-named-disney-ceo-effective-immediately.html But they had to be talking to Iger.

So with his new contract will they have a huge buyout? I mean if they do, how stupid, they knew they were in trouble and had a chance to not renew. Promise next round I'm voting against every Board member.

While Chapek needed to go, I don't know that Iger was the right choice. Whatever happened, I'm sure they weren't left with a lot of choices. Iger left Disney with tons of debt (a lot from the 21st Century Fox acquisition) - debt that Chapek was forced to address. Chapek did an awful job handling it imho - trying to prioritize short term profits at the long term expense of the brand. Lets hope whoever they choose to replace Iger in 2 years will pave a much better future for the company. I wonder if Josh D'Amaro is now on the short list to succeed Iger?

Lets start the petition now, bring back Fastpass+, bring back Magical Express, bring back Extra Magic Hours!

While Chapek needed to go, I don't know that Iger was the right choice. Whatever happened, I'm sure they weren't left with a lot of choices. Iger left Disney with tons of debt (a lot from the 21st Century Fox acquisition) - debt that Chapek was forced to address. Chapek did an awful job handling it imho - trying to prioritize short term profits at the long term expense of the brand. Lets hope whoever they choose to replace Iger in 2 years will pave a much better future for the company. I wonder if Josh D'Amaro is now on the short list to succeed Iger?

Lets start the petition now, bring back Fastpass+, bring back Magical Express, bring back Extra Magic Hours!
Fastpass+ is never coming back. That ship has sailed a long time ago. Disney was planning on charging for a skip the line service before Covid happened.

I’m not sure it was a choice as much as they needed someone they knew could steer the ship and restore some confidence in the company while they figure out who can lead in the long term.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter