• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Chapek Outlines Strategic Goals for 2022

The only thing that would work is for people to stop going. But even some of the most vocal still have trips booked. And until the parks become empty WDW and Chapek could care less. I don't blame them either, if people are willing to pay more for less...
Good point, the parks are still full. So, why would they care if the trash bins are overflowing and the food quality has gone down? They save money if the parks are closing earlier and if the parades are shorter and if there aren't as many entertainers.

But, I'm wondering if (as posted earlier) if things will die down in another year, it's the 50th and a lot of people are still making up vacation reservations delayed in the pandemic and a year from now, people may think differently. Even Pete mentioned on the show not too long ago that they started getting more calls to book Universal trips once Disney cancelled Magical Express. So... Who knows? The PTB won't care until they notice that the park reservations have gone down and hotel rooms start sitting empty.

IMO Disney is reaping the 'rebounding vacationer' reward. There are a significant amount of people who have been afraid to vacation. Now that vacationer is saying, "Well, I have a year or two of vacation funds to spend so lets go somewhere expensive." and Disney is right there with their 'special' 50th anniversary year. Where I think Disney will see a flattening will be 2024 and as fast as Disney's revolving door of upper management turns Chepak might not be there.

I feel like these goals are really focused on Disney Plus and related content and not much on the parks. I read the full memo, and there's only one mention of the parks. They really feel like an afterthought and just steady income now. It seems like Chapek's banking on Disney Plus to help their share price, and if the growth doesn't come, that might be what hurts his chances to stay for the long run.

I feel like these goals are really focused on Disney Plus and related content and not much on the parks. I read the full memo, and there's only one mention of the parks. They really feel like an afterthought and just steady income now. It seems like Chapek's banking on Disney Plus to help their share price, and if the growth doesn't come, that might be what hurts his chances to stay for the long run.
Yeah, that makes sense. I don't see anything changing for a while, as long as the parks are full, it's income for them and more income with the giving less and charging more. It'll be interesting to see how things are once those who are making up for their lost vacations stop going (if they do).

Right now I'll admit as a shareholder and someone who visits and loves WDW, my attitude toward WDW and more specifically Bob Chapek is pretty negative. His total compensation for 2021 was $32.46 million, up from $14.16 million the previous year, while the median employee pay fell. In addition, my stock value is down 14.5%, and my cost to visit WDW is through the roof and loaded with cutbacks and add on costs. Must be nice to be compensated that nicely for incompetence.

At this current time and with what Chapek set forth as his outline and strategic goals , I have a feeling he is just blowing smoke up my back end and is calling it pixie dust. At this point the only thing I can do is speak with my actions and is the reason why I cancelled my trip that was supposed to take place in 4 weeks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter