• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Character Breakfast

nikkistevej

DIS Veteran
Some questions- I've not been on the Fantasy(finally going in August, been on all the others), I'm Gold, so I can book stuff in April. What Character breakfasts are on the Fantasy- a "regular" character one and a Disney junior one? And I know we won't pay for them, but is this something that we need to book, or do we automatically get tickets when boarding. When I was on the Magic last time(and it was a 7 night), we just automatically got them.

Some questions- I've not been on the Fantasy(finally going in August, been on all the others), I'm Gold, so I can book stuff in April. What Character breakfasts are on the Fantasy- a "regular" character one and a Disney junior one? And I know we won't pay for them, but is this something that we need to book, or do we automatically get tickets when boarding. When I was on the Magic last time(and it was a 7 night), we just automatically got them.
Fantasy just has the Disney Junior character breakfast. (The 'regular character' ones are generally only on sailings to Alaska and Europe.) You would need to book it when you do online check-in--they are generally held on 'at sea' days. (They stopped automatically giving you tix a couple of years ago due to the number of no-shows.) It is still free.

Look under On Board Fun when you book activities for your cruise. That is where the Disney Jr. Character Breakfast is located. Along with Princess meet and greets, Anna and Elsa meet and greets, adult beverage seminars and classes, sports simulators and BBB interactions.
Typically, character breakfasts are only on a couple of the sea days...not all of them. I am sailing in April on the Fantasy on the Eastern...it has 3 sea days, but the breakfast is only available for Sunday and Monday. And it is not a SWDAS cruise so that is not the reason for not having it on Thursday.

Thanks so much!!! I haven't ever done that one, so I guess I will be booking it. LOL We are going with 3 other families, so will have to coordinate. Appreciate the responses. :)

And also cruises originating from San Juan, Puerto Rico. Basically all "domestic" ports get Disney Junior, while all the others get Mickey and friends.
When going on the EBPC 2016, we had the mickey and friends breakfast. That cruise departed San Diego, CA

If the character breakfast is listed as a VIP Character Breakfast, you will get the traditional characters.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter